rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Graduate students in Poland by province/ gender

Just found this report of graduate students, by province
in the academic year, per gender as well...

[Image: attachment.jpg10567]   

If you do a rough assumption that the province mostly represents its main city which most universities/colleges are, then you can see that:

Total students number:
1. Warsaw by far
2. Krakow
3. Wroclaw
4. Katowice
5. Poznan
6. Lodz
7. Lublin
4-7 are very close in numbers.

But whats more interesting is that the percentage of female students far exceeds the males in 2 specific cities:
1. Lodz ~35%
2. Lublin ~27%

I believe it is because the type of degrees there are more appealing for women.
This info put Lodz as a very good option as in additional it is:
* 2nd tier city
* Not a tourist destination
* It is the 3rd populated city in Poland and 4th metropolitan

Source, including much more info can be found in the below link, you can find also exact number of students per gender for 2011.
http://www.stat.gov.pl/cps/rde/xbcr/gus/...s_2011.pdf

As a sidenote this report is about PhD studies, not regular 3 year B.A/5 year M.A.

Quote: (03-19-2013 12:28 PM)XXL Wrote:  

As a sidenote this report is about PhD studies, not regular 3 year B.A/5 year M.A.

Yes, you are right, after drilling down to total "higher education students" I see different results which favors Poznan and Lublin:

In Lodz province out of 115,500 students, 70,000 are females, so it is actually ~45% more females from males. (2011)
In Warsaw ~43% as well!
Wrocelaw only 32%
In Poznan 100,000 females, 65,000 males - 53% more!!
Krakow, Katowice ~40%.
Pure winner is Lublin with 61% more females students than man 58,500 versus 36,000.

Assuming these numbers are correct, i have to give it to you. Nice research.

shame that Lodz isn't a nice city though.

I have written the link of the document, you can read it, and it is published by the Polish government so I guess it is very reliable.
Tell me about your experience in Lodz.

In terms of women, Lodz, like much of the rest of Poland, is more than agreeable. There is one main street called Piotrkowska (i think) where most places to hang out are either on or conjoined to. It is eh.
The city was once the shining beacon of Polish industry, as shown in that great Wajda film of which i forget the name. That was 150 odd years ago. It never kept up with the times, however, and now looks pretty bleak. So, i can't recommend living there. There is more to life than women. You will have fewer women and, speaking in aggregate terms, more work involved to game them up north near Gdansk / Gdynia or wherever but you will still have enough women and other things besides to keep you busy. ie. live somewhere else in Poland.
In fact unless you are studying film i don't know why you would want to live in Lodz.