rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The "If only I knew what I know now in college" thread

After seeing many of our forum members mention that they wish they were still in college I decided to make this thread.

I'm a newbie in college who has been reading about game on and off (both here and other sites) for the last year, I decided to make this thread where anyone can post their tips to my generation's players. It can be about anything game/women related and even some funny stories that may or may not have a lesson to them. Have at it!

On a side note, my apologies if this should have gone in a different section.

Not entirely game related but...

Failure is ok if you act with conviction. Never be afraid to fail. The consequences aren't as bad as you think they are.

There is not a millionaire man alive who wouldn't write you a check for everything to trade places with you.

You'll never be around more opportunities to have sex with attractive women.

Ever.

Do not forget that or miss out.

1. 5% of what you learn will be applied on he job. Don't waste your time taking "extra hard classes" get real work experience.
2. If college was the best part of your life, you're a colossal loser
3. Your competition increases (game) significantly post graduation
4. You will only be friends with your other successful college grads. For scale, when graduating I knew 10 people well, I talk to one now. We both can quit our jobs and travel for 10+ years if we want, but aspire higher. Latch on to the good ones.
5. Don't stress about grades past an A-, keep them high enough to get tons of interviews, but spend the rest of your time honing your game and failing at business ventures.
6. If you have a great biz idea, do it. If you fail you learn, if you do well that should say it all.
7. The successful college "players" generally fail at life (this could just be location dependent) but usually the frat guys end up with shit jobs like accounting making $50K a year. If however, you see a frat leader guy with a 4.0, be certain he'll be the most successful guy in your phone 5 years later. Reason is simple you need both grades + work + leadership.
8. If you play you cards right, every year post college will be euphoric, your gains will trump every single accomplishment the last 5 years prior.

Also all what mike said, use your youth and you won't have the kind of access you have now I young chicks ever again.

For me my biggest regret (other than having zero game, massive betaness, etc. [Image: lol.gif]) was assuming I would see a girl I was attracted to again. For being on such a damn small campus I was blown away at the number of one time encounters I would have.

A cute girl smiled at me? Oh no problem, I'll see her again and try to chat her up. There's NO HURRY...

[Image: facepalm.png]

DAY GAME DAMMIT!

If you're not growing, you're dying.

I wish I joined a frat. I know some loser guys who got lays just because they were "socially connected".
Also competition (game wise) greatly increases post graduation? Good to know, thanks.

To maximize pussy, invest in your social capital. If you have the right strategy, you can become social chair of a major frat or even the whole university by the time you're a junior or senior.

This usually comes with a budget to throw big parties. You'll also be admin for a huge facebook group to send invites to events. You'll be a big fish in a small pond and chicks at your college will jump on your cock.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

I'm a sophomore and one thing I am starting to grasp.. I was always worried before starting to actually approach that I would get a 'pickup' vibe, or if I did poorly with a girl, that it would haunt me later as she would know about me.

I go to a 25k student university, and with that number I am starting to notice unless I approach 20 girls every single day, I will never get this vibe. And if I do poorly on an interaction with a girl, and she sees me again at some outing in the future, as long as I am being social, having fun with buddies/talking to other girls, she will think 'maybe I judged him wrong' 'what was I thinking' and start developing interest. Hasn't happened yet, haven't approached enough yet.

The worst part of it all it probably that I commute and don't live in student housing. I miss out on virtually all parties. I still go to clubs/bars that students frequent on busy nights, though.

I wish every day that I was back on the campus.

Dress nice: I was wearing leather jackets, blazers, aviators, wingtips, sweater vests and loud-color (blood red, jewel blue) collared shirts. My (so-called) competition? When it's hot, jeans/shorts, a tee, Oakleys and a baseball cap. When it's cold, a tuque, a hoodie, jeans and winter boots under a parka.

Hit the gym: I played high school sports and in the year I took off before attending school, I was working out. Between studies, game, girls and other social activities, it fell by the wayside. I came out of a one-year plus LTR in second year, realized I looked like shit, and the next day I signed up for my membership. It helped immensely. With how cheap the gym is, it's stupid not to go.

Facebook: I can't tell you 'No Facebook', because it's hugely useful for networking, stalking keeping up with girls you want to fuck ('Nonpareil! Good to see you!' she says, running up to me, a devilish smile on my face because I knew she would be there from her status and events pages), getting a pulse on what's going down and everyone has it; university is about the only place where not having Facebook will make things harder. Just don't be stupid with it, limit access, no stupid posts or messages.

If you have a car, visit friends at other schools: Disseminated by myself and others here.

If you don't have a car, try to get one: Massively adds to your value; at least five times, I ended up getting somewhere with a girl I knew from class, seeing her at night or in bad weather waiting for the bus, striking up a quick chat and saying 'I can give you a ride, my car's here'. Only downside is it has to be at least semi-respectable and not beat up.

Live in a nice neighborhood near the school, in a nice house: My first place was shit; it was in the ghetto, maybe 5 k from the school and small. My second place, however, was pimp; big, high ceilings, large kitchen, very 'open', had mad parties...oh, and in a very nice neighborhood just a ten minute walk from school. There's a reason I stayed there for 3 years even though our landlord was a pure Indian Race Troll (once he opened the door to my room to see my girl, sitting on the bed, me standing before her, and her undoing my belt; literally ten seconds away from my dick being in her mouth). Get a job if you have to to make up the difference.

I'm not advising you to break the law, but...: When I started selling weed in second year, I immediately noticed, as if by some wacky magic, that I suddenly had access to tons more girls, more girls would chat me up when I was at campus and I was invited to more parties and bar nights. If you don't have experience (I sold a little bit in HS) or even smoke weed, skip this.

Your elective or humanities requirement: Classes with heavily-slanted ratios include theater, psychology, linguistics, sociology and almost any branch of the literature tree. 98% of its bullshit, but if you have to take a class you don't want to take, you might as well get some pussy out of it.

Study in the library: In first year, I missed this, because my place was so far. When I moved closer, one day I had to drop into the library to get some shit and BOOM, wall to wall women. I studied in the stacks 2-3 times a week for the remaining duration.

Whenever possible, get to class 10 minutes early: Secure a prime seat, scout the talent.

Quote: (03-14-2013 12:10 AM)MikeCF Wrote:  

There is not a millionaire man alive who wouldn't write you a check for everything to trade places with you.

Ever.

I like the positive message, but I am not sure I agree.

College was great don't get me wrong, but life gets better in my experience.

Saying that college is the peak is like those guys who say high school was the peak.

It is only the peak if you don't constantly Improvise, Adapt and Overcome.

Quote: (03-14-2013 11:16 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Ever.

Saying that college is the peak is like those guys who say high school was the peak.

It's a generalization, but it's generally true that you won't have easier access to hot women than a college experience. That's all he was saying.

What you said, "constantly Improvise, Adapt and Overcome" is very powerful, but MOST people aren't clued in during their college years, when it could potentially set them on a phenomenal track for life. That's the purpose of this thread, to give advice like that which someone in college is in one of the best situations to take advantage of these concepts early.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

My only regret is telling my 'boys' on my baseball team I had a 3some with two girls. They ended up telling people and it got back to those girls, they were pissed I told people and I never banged them again. Big lesson learned, don't need to always share my conquests with people.

Ever.

I agree. There's tons of young hotties around, but it really all depends on what school you go to. My school is super academics oriented. There are parties if your social circle is up to par, the only place I see dudes getting some is the campus bar one night a week.

The girls are easy but talking to and going out with dudes who aren't in uni it's much easier. They have cash, I don't. I could get a job, but then that would heavily impact my free time to meet girls.

Just keep in mind that not all universities are 24/7 fuckfests and remember that you can always go to campus if you don't attend school there.

Quote: (03-14-2013 09:29 AM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

I wish every day that I was back on the campus.

Dress nice: I was wearing leather jackets, blazers, aviators, wingtips, sweater vests and loud-color (blood red, jewel blue) collared shirts. My (so-called) competition? When it's hot, jeans/shorts, a tee, Oakleys and a baseball cap. When it's cold, a tuque, a hoodie, jeans and winter boots under a parka.

Hit the gym: I played high school sports and in the year I took off before attending school, I was working out. Between studies, game, girls and other social activities, it fell by the wayside. I came out of a one-year plus LTR in second year, realized I looked like shit, and the next day I signed up for my membership. It helped immensely. With how cheap the gym is, it's stupid not to go.

Facebook: I can't tell you 'No Facebook', because it's hugely useful for networking, stalking keeping up with girls you want to fuck ('Nonpareil! Good to see you!' she says, running up to me, a devilish smile on my face because I knew she would be there from her status and events pages), getting a pulse on what's going down and everyone has it; university is about the only place where not having Facebook will make things harder. Just don't be stupid with it, limit access, no stupid posts or messages.

If you have a car, visit friends at other schools: Disseminated by myself and others here.

If you don't have a car, try to get one: Massively adds to your value; at least five times, I ended up getting somewhere with a girl I knew from class, seeing her at night or in bad weather waiting for the bus, striking up a quick chat and saying 'I can give you a ride, my car's here'. Only downside is it has to be at least semi-respectable and not beat up.

Live in a nice neighborhood near the school, in a nice house: My first place was shit; it was in the ghetto, maybe 5 k from the school and small. My second place, however, was pimp; big, high ceilings, large kitchen, very 'open', had mad parties...oh, and in a very nice neighborhood just a ten minute walk from school. There's a reason I stayed there for 3 years even though our landlord was a pure Indian Race Troll (once he opened the door to my room to see my girl, sitting on the bed, me standing before her, and her undoing my belt; literally ten seconds away from my dick being in her mouth). Get a job if you have to to make up the difference.

I'm not advising you to break the law, but...: When I started selling weed in second year, I immediately noticed, as if by some wacky magic, that I suddenly had access to tons more girls, more girls would chat me up when I was at campus and I was invited to more parties and bar nights. If you don't have experience (I sold a little bit in HS) or even smoke weed, skip this.

Your elective or humanities requirement: Classes with heavily-slanted ratios include theater, psychology, linguistics, sociology and almost any branch of the literature tree. 98% of its bullshit, but if you have to take a class you don't want to take, you might as well get some pussy out of it.

Study in the library: In first year, I missed this, because my place was so far. When I moved closer, one day I had to drop into the library to get some shit and BOOM, wall to wall women. I studied in the stacks 2-3 times a week for the remaining duration.

Whenever possible, get to class 10 minutes early: Secure a prime seat, scout the talent.

Some good stuff there, but why a house if your college has dorms that offer incredible access to hot incoming freshman girls all the time? And random coed boobtowel in the hallway is a wonderful thing.

Also, not shit being a drug dealer has it's benefits, but you've got to pace your risk/reward ratio.

If you're at some shity school where you can be arrested and expelled, it's not a big deal, fine. But if you're in place where it's hard to replace the quality and the years you've put in, think twice. Rats and haters are everywhere, and it only takes one.

The very fact that you're on this forum and not believing pussywhipped BS like "there is a magical girl out there who will be your one and only" means you will pull more ass than I ever did back when I was in college. Back then, I was a pathetic self-pitying guy who got upset that the chicks were fucking guys who were in and out of jail instead of a "nice guy" like me.

The thing is that it was the failures of our past that likely shaped us to become the illuminated man we are today or striving to be.

I think it is the curse of the average man that he has received just the right amount of success for him to feel comfortable but not enough to motivate him to really challenge his model of the world.

So it's nice to think about what we would have done had we become illuminated earlier, but we went this way for a reason.

Ever.

Life (overall) gets better. However access to hot women declines.

Go to ASU or SEC or Big 10 school.

What venues are you finding more attractive 18-22 year olds?

Look at a typical nightlife routine. You gotta do all sorts of shit to get warmed up for a night out. You have to remain flexible, bounce venues. You have to work.

In college, just walk to the quad. They are everywhere.

Quote: (03-14-2013 05:19 AM)Hades Wrote:  

I wish I joined a frat. I know some loser guys who got lays just because they were "socially connected".
Also competition (game wise) greatly increases post graduation? Good to know, thanks.

Yes, and at frat parties you are going to get laid unless you really suck.

Good advice generally is to "be more douchey."

If chicks are going for guys with pink polos and popped collars, why be "so cool" that you won't wear popped collared shirts?

There were a lot of things I didn't do in college because I was too cool/serious and looking back that was pretty stupid.

Being a "bro" works, so be a bro. Be a douche bag.

Pre-Med, study hard except chase chicks like a laughing demon. Medicine doesn't go obsolete like comp sci does, programming is a young man's game. I did it.

Even with a 2.7 you can go to a foreign med school if needed and make 2x what engineers make. No one cares where you went unless you want to teach or work some prestige place, the license is what gets you in.

"Bro knowledge" aside, here's US News and World Report on salaries,
so if "someone told you" doctors don't make good money please cite source.

http://money.usnews.com/careers/best-job...-best-jobs

MD median ~180k

That's 40k more/yr than dentists, the next highest paid I saw. Dentistry seems super boring to me.

And money over subsistence is what you can SAVE, so discounting taxes to oversimplify, if subsistence is 60k;
a doctor could save 120k/yr vs. the dentist only saving 80k.

Retire at 40-45 and fuck models. or just work 2 days a week locum tenens and suffer on a miserable 100k/yr.

Quote: (03-14-2013 01:30 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I agree. There's tons of young hotties around, but it really all depends on what school you go to. My school is super academics oriented. There are parties if your social circle is up to par, the only place I see dudes getting some is the campus bar one night a week.

The girls are easy but talking to and going out with dudes who aren't in uni it's much easier. They have cash, I don't. I could get a job, but then that would heavily impact my free time to meet girls.

Just keep in mind that not all universities are 24/7 fuckfests and remember that you can always go to campus if you don't attend school there.

Quote: (03-14-2013 07:00 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Look at a typical nightlife routine. You gotta do all sorts of shit to get warmed up for a night out. You have to remain flexible, bounce venues. You have to work.

So as far as this goes any advice for those of us at the more academic schools? For example our student body here is only about 4.5k. So the pool of women is lower considering older classes ratios are worse (seniors' class is around 40% women and I'm being generous in my estimate while the freshman are I believe 48%). Plus the more academic the school, at least in my case it seems, the more crazy women there are as all the sane ones seem to be taken and not budging. I don't mean lite crazy either, I mean the emotionally unstable stalker kind. Any advice for those of us in boats like or similar to this one?

Quote: (03-14-2013 07:13 PM)Slacker101 Wrote:  

So as far as this goes any advice for those of us at the more academic schools? For example our student body here is only about 4.5k. So the pool of women is lower considering older classes ratios are worse (seniors' class is around 40% women and I'm being generous in my estimate while the freshman are I believe 48%). Plus the more academic the school, at least in my case it seems, the more crazy women there are as all the sane ones seem to be taken and not budging. I don't mean lite crazy either, I mean the emotionally unstable stalker kind. Any advice for those of us in boats like or similar to this one?

Transfer?

If not, try making friends with guys who are at larger campuses. Leave on the weekends whenever possible.

Otherwise just get a super high GPA. Recognize that college is a washout and focus on your post-college years. Make your goal to find a good gig in a real city after college.

Lift weights.

Leave college with a great body and solid credentials and you'll be able to make up for lost time.

@slacker101: Do what MikeCF said. If you're really set on this school or can't leave for whatever reason I'd offer a few more pieces of advice.

- be very social, join as many clubs as you can, make tons of friends etc.
- make some kind of micro-fame through parties, clubs a band whatever.

since there are so little people on campus you're going to want the girls to come to you instead of just cold-approaching all over the place (you should still do that though).

My school has a ton of people but "night game" on campus is a pub/club one night a week, a bar for older people, a frat party maybe once a month, small (~20 people) parties within the social circle and taking transit 40 minutes downtown (or 10 minutes to an area with a few bars that aren't as student oriented). I spent most of university in an LTR and being lazy so yeah, had I the opportunity to go back with what I know now I would have partied as much as I could first year but not actually drinking a ton, joined a frat, started lifting, joined clubs, stayed in a band, found a 'community' to be a part of off campus etc.

Never trust women to do anything other than what they are programed to do.

Quote: (03-14-2013 07:00 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Ever.

I got where you are coming from.

I still would take Soho in NYC, Miami Beach, Biarritz, Paris, Coastal Spain in summer, or The Spearmint Rhino over ASU or SEC or Big 10 school.

Hotter girls and they are topless in most of those joints too. Plus I hate dry heat and desert air. Messes with my lungs and skin.

Honestly, I am not impressed by college university girls. I think they have gotten a lot worse as well from my years. I would take walking around Avenida Santa Fe in Buenos Aires over walking around ASU any day.

Quote:Quote:

You gotta do all sorts of shit to get warmed up for a night out.

Well yeah. Years and years of drinking and drug use will do that to you.

You gotta stretch.