rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

doing teh social

doing teh social

Asked this in the newbie-forum but didn't get any answers there, maybe you guys could help me out here?
Quote:Quote:

What are you supposed to do with friends on the weekends if not playing video games? Sit in front of the TV? Have people written books about this? The books on social interactions I've read are 48 laws of power (not really applicable), Book of Pook (quite interesting) but I don't know any role models and don't know where to go from here.
Thoughts?

doing teh social

great question, especially for someone who never had a lot of friends but wants to get them.

most guys do outdoor shit, or drink and talk about themselves or others doing outdoor shit. For me, guys go fishing, mud riding, pickup games of football/basketball, etc. Or they sit around drinking and sharing stories about doing those things or other people doing those things (professional sports).

That's not me: I've always been terrible at team sports since freakin 5th grade all through high school, and I don't hunt/fish/drive a huge truck. But I do have other interests and work hard to organize my friendships around that: music - go to shows with friends with similar tastes, or organize a band playing some cover songs, originals. There are other things I do too on the weekends, like go to yoga and socialize a bit over there, but overall I'm a lot in the same boat as you, and sometimes have trouble arranging things to do with friends and end up being alone instead, which sucks. I wished I lived in a bigger city, because then I would most definitely enroll in activity classes like comedy improv, scuba classes, and almost anything cool sounding where you gotta pay, but shows that you got a life. You gotta keep striving to be normal: the so-called "art of being normal."

doing teh social

I think these recent blog posts can shed some light on the issue.

The short story is to spend your time improving yourself. Some specific examples: gym, clubs, traveling, music practice or jamming, etc.

Otherwise I socialize with a lot of my old friends doing whatever I would normally do. Go buy socks, and in catching up were talk about all the new things you've learned or accomplished will keep it exciting.

Work on your car, make dinner, move some furniture Getty coffee or drinks who cares if you're friends it will be a good time.

http://wallstreetplayboys.com/?p=582
http://wallstreetplayboys.com/?p=521
http://dangerandplay.com/2012/07/26/building-your-crew/

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

doing teh social

There's plenty to do.

I play on a few sports teams so I'm playing at least one game on the weekend and I usually lift with a friend one or both days. My friends and I usually watch one or a few sports games/events and do outdoor stuff, like hike. Girls love hiking and nature. My friends and I talk about like-minded things such as investing, sports, lifting, nutrition, sex, etc, but it always circle back to girls. At night, we go out to a bar or club but rarely get trashed.

There ISN'T enough time to do everything we want to do.