rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Iphone5 questions

Iphone5 questions

So i got someone from the US traveling to Europe in may. I looked on apple.com and ordering an unlocked iphone5 16gb would cost me 650USD. That is cheaper than buying it in Europe. i wonder if any of u guys have used one out of the US and if it will work without problems. It says on their site that it is unlocked for every GSM carrier and in Europe we only use GSM. basically if it works on every Gsm carrier i'm gonna tell him to order it for me and bring it over.Any feedback is apreciated.

Iphone5 questions

android....

when buying the phone look at gsm or cdma. Europe is gsm for the most part from what I know.some networks here are even gsm. I'm virgin mobile on sprints and its CDMA(USA)

gsm and cDma are two different networks

Iphone5 questions

Yes, everyone I know here can use it without any problems, but you should have in mind our ridiculous import taxes so it'll be nice if you have some connections to avoid paying 1000$ in total.

Edit: I've seen that you have someone bring it to you, so nevermind. It'll work.

Iphone5 questions

Like others said, make sure it's GSM. The two big networks that provide GSM in the US are T-Mobile and AT&T; pretty much everyone else is CDMA.

As a general rule with cell phones, the best phones for worldwide use are unlocked GSM quad band phones.

Iphone5 questions

There's a page on Apple's site that lists what countries it works on and the spectrum frequencies. I believe on GSM you should be fine. But one thing to keep in mind is that as LTE networks are rolled out across Europe they will be on different spectrum than is used by AT&T here in the US (which your U.S. iPhone 5 will be designed for). So you will not be able to use LTE on the phone whenever it comes to whatever country you are in. This may not matter if you are in a country that is not going to have it for a while or if you just don't care.

Iphone5 questions

The CDMA iphones have a sim card GSM slot you can have the carrier unlock......but you really have to be a customer to do that (to discourage what you want to do).

But yeah, if you order that one the unlocked version it will work...just have to get a MICROSIM though.

Iphone5 questions

It should be fine. Even if it doesn't come unlocked you should be able to unlock it for under $50. My girl has an iPhone 5 and she's in Switzerland.