rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Iguazu Falls

Iguazu Falls

The hostels here are completely dead. What's fun in Iguazu?

Iguazu Falls

Iguaçu is not a place to go for hunting. It's a place you go to visit the falls which are out of this world, you'll need a good 2 days to see it all. 1 day in the Argie side, 1 day in the Brasilian side and you'll have a blast. Iguaçu is more a place to take a cool chick with you rather than hunting. Usually people in Iguaçu would hop onto the Argie side as that's where the options for clubs, restaurants and all are better than in the Brasilian side. That's what most cab drivers, even the staff at the hotel I was staying told me the same. Despite all this, you could still get lucky but Iguaçu is probably not the best place in Brasil to have lots of fun. It's a place you go to see some of truly natural wonders of the world with a cool chick or with your family.
Here's what I'd do if I were you: stay there for 2-3 days max, then get the hell out of there. Only reason you should be in Iguaçu is to see the falls. Nothing else.

Iguazu Falls

Quote: (06-02-2010 04:48 PM)gringoed Wrote:  

The hostels here are completely dead. What's fun in Iguazu?

The HI hostel in Puerto Iguassu.

I stayed there and it's huge, I think HI's biggest hostel worldwide. There's lots of girls and a nice pool with bar out front where chics are lounging. It's definitely a social/party atmosphere. That's the place to stay if you want a fun hostel.

Iguazu Falls

Yep, seconded on the HI, good fun. We pushed into town and it was a waste of time.

Iguazu Falls

I actually swooped my first... and last, piece of Argentine tail in Iguazu. Who'd a thought it. I bombed everywhere else. Plus I saw the women of my dreams working in the customs booth before I entered Brazil.
But yeah... Its all about the falls.