rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

HPV Awareness thread

HPV Awareness thread

So I’ve looked through many of the threads about STDs, HPV, etc. and I haven’t found one that specifically talks about warts. Well, looks like I get to be the one to bring the information first-hand.

So, a little about myself first; I’m not like some of the players on here, but for about the last six or seven years, I’ve averaged a new notch about every other month. I’d say that I go raw roughly 90 percent of the time, even on new notches. I’ve never tested positive for ANY STD previously and when I had my most recent physical (beginning of February when the HPV was detected) I didn’t test positive for anything else.

Anyways, one day in early to mid-January, I was taking a piss at work and as I was zipping back up, I felt a few bumps to the side of my dick. I instantly kinda freaked out and felt around some more, but I quickly dismissed it as probable razor burn (I trim up a bit, fuck you). It was still there a few days later so I started to do some research for self-diagnosis. It didn’t hurt at all, wasn’t in a clustered pattern, and most of the 8-10 bumps were slightly raised and a bit white. I assumed molluscum contagiosum. I hadn’t been to the doctor in about five years (had STDS checked at LabCorps) so I decided it would be good to get it checked out while also getting all of the other bullshit tests run.

The general practitioner took a look and immediately assumed HPV. I was kinda upset, but not too mad. Like I said, it didn’t hurt and with as much rawdogging as I do, I really can’t be too mad about getting STDs here and there. He referred me to a dermatologist in town who actually had an opening two days later to have them frozen off.

The actual examination from the general practitioner was not to invasive, although he did have to feel around a lot and touch the warts. For those worried about having some dude feeling you up, it was no big deal.

Two days later I show up at the dermatologist’s office. I was actually having the surgery performed by a physician’s assistant, but the guy specialized in this stuff. I got undressed and he took a look. His examination was similar to the GP’s, although he was a bit more touchy feely. At this point, he said that wasn’t convinced that it was HPV and that he wanted to take a biopsy to test. I was initially excited that I had dodged a bullet, but this turned out to be a bad thing for multiple reasons. First, I was going to have to wait for the biopsy results and then schedule another appointment. When it was all said and done, I could have been done with things that day, but instead (foreshadowing) it took roughly 3 weeks longer. Second, the biopsy ended up being the most expensive part of the whole experience. I have decent insurance, but it doesn’t seem to like STD-related procedures.

The PA goes ahead and freezes one off for the biopsy. It was an interesting feeling, kinda like a burning pinch. It kinda stung for a few hours afterwards, but nothing more than a minor inconvenience. At this point, I went ahead and gave a head’s up to the two girls that were in my rotation. I was expecting the worst, but both were pretty okay with it. The younger one was a little taken back, but had gotten the vaccine and, after talking to her friends (half of whom had it, naturally) she was texting me “what can I do?” “can I bring your something?” kinds of shit. The older one had actually had it before and didn’t give a shit. As long as it wasn’t herpes, she didn’t care. I assume most girls are going to react in a similar manner, assuming they aren’t 12.

Meanwhile, the first bill comes. The “consultation” came out to $157 (of which, I had to pay $92) and the “biopsy” came out to $350 (I had to pay $257). Not the worst, but, I mean, fuck. Had I known that a biopsy would cost that much, I woulda just had him freeze ‘em then. So about a week later, I get a call that confirms that it is, in fact, HPV. I set up an appointment for a week-and-a-half later.

I was using condoms in the meantime. The girls know that you can still catch it through condoms, but luckily, I didn’t have any on my dick itself.

So I finally go back and have those fuckers frozen off. It was actually pretty anticlimactic. It didn’t really hurt at all and it took roughly 3 minutes. Before the PA left, he told me not to have sex until the fuckers completely scabbed off, although after that, I wouldn’t be contagious.

The smaller ones turned black and scabbed off within about 4 days; the biggest one took about a week. I was prescribed an ointment to use to treat it as well, but this apparently isn’t necessary and turned out to cost over $300.

I went back to rawdogging pretty soon. I can still see where the warts scabbed off, but it’s nothing too unsightly. I was kind a concerned with how much the final bill would be, but it turned out to be cheaper than the fucking biopsy ($177 of which I have to pay $140).

My take on the entire procedure is that it is an annoyance, a tad expensive, but nothing major. The procedure didn’t really hurt, girls weren’t too pissed, and it only sorta inconvenienced my sex life. Let me know if you have any questions about the process.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

HPV Awareness thread

First rational post on STD's I've ever read?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

HPV Awareness thread

Quote: (03-09-2013 01:02 PM)JohnKreese Wrote:  

My take on the entire procedure is that it is an annoyance, a tad expensive, but nothing major. The procedure didn’t really hurt, girls weren’t too pissed, and it only sorta inconvenienced my sex life. Let me know if you have any questions about the process.

I feel like most the STD threads on here come to a similar conclusion if you read them carefully

HPV Awareness thread

For the biopsy, did he freeze a spot then cut out the bump to send for testing??

HPV Awareness thread

Quote: (03-09-2013 04:50 PM)bigxxx Wrote:  

For the biopsy, did he freeze a spot then cut out the bump to send for testing??
If I recall correctly, he froze it and stuck a needle in it to extract enough of the wart to test its consistency.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

HPV Awareness thread

You should have used ACV, internally and externally. Would have saved you money and embarrassment.

http://www.dailystrength.org/c/HPV/forum...er-vinegar

HPV Awareness thread

Quote: (03-09-2013 04:59 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

You should have used ACV, internally and externally. Would have saved you money and embarrassment.

Yeah, I'll probably go that route when and if they come back or I could just acquire some liquid nitrogen on my own and do the job myself (although that would probably result in my fucking my dick up permanently).

Speaking of embarrassment, their actually really wasn't too much. Once the little nurses saw that I was cool with everything, they started joking about me needing to "screen girls" better. Unfortunately, I didn't escalate with any of them and their will be no "HPV Bang" forthcoming.

HPV Awareness thread

Are they always white bumps? What do they start looking like if not treated?

HPV Awareness thread

Quote: (03-12-2013 02:52 AM)houston Wrote:  

Are they always white bumps? What do they start looking like if not treated?
They looked like this except a tad whiter. From what I hear, they can take on slightly different appearances in different people. I was honestly expecting them to look worse and that was one of the reasons for my thinking that they were something different at first.

[Image: HPV.jpg]

HPV Awareness thread

Quote: (03-09-2013 04:59 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Is there nothing ACV can't do?

HPV Awareness thread

Does acv really get rid of it?

HPV Awareness thread

Quote:Quote:

It didn’t hurt at all, wasn’t in a clustered pattern, and most of the 8-10 bumps were slightly raised and a bit white. I assumed molluscum contagiosum.

Shit. I was thinking the same thing. I have some (4-5) spots that just formed on my lower abdomen and I thought they were just MCV.

Looks like I better pound some shots of ACV and then go see the clinic. [Image: blush.gif]

HPV Awareness thread

ACV huh, I'm gonna check that out. Thanx for the suggestion [Image: smile.gif]

HPV Awareness thread

Guys, since we are on the topic - the HPV vaccine has recently become available for men (within the last 1-2 years or so I believe), so you can ask your doctor about it if you are so inclined.

If you're younger than 26 and live in the US, the vaccine is supposed to be covered by your health insurance.

I'm older than 26, but still decided to get the vaccine and pay out-of-pocket for it. It's about $150/shot.

HPV Awareness thread

How long does the vaccine last?

HPV Awareness thread

Quote: (03-13-2013 05:42 PM)houston Wrote:  

It's my understanding that it's a one-and-done vaccine. You take the 3-shot course, and you're set for life.

HPV Awareness thread

I have hpv supposedly. No signs of it though. I would never get a vaccine in my life. Not even if it was free.

HPV Awareness thread

I have HPV. Only had warts appear once and I used ACV externally only and it worked. Took about a week of nightly treatments for it to work.

HPV Awareness thread

Quote: (03-14-2013 11:52 AM)BlurredSevens Wrote:  

Quote: (03-13-2013 05:42 PM)houston Wrote:  

It's my understanding that it's a one-and-done vaccine. You take the 3-shot course, and you're set for life.

My Doctor said that if you have been with multiple girls you probably have immunity to it by now. And also, the vaccine protects you against just the major strains of the virus, i was told there is over 50 strains which is not covered by the vaccine

HPV Awareness thread

Quick update:

Two months later and nothing has come back. PA wanted to schedule a follow-up to "observe" any changes/progress, but I didn't feel like paying another $150 for some guy to look at my junk (something that I can and do do on my own). Still a chance that it might come back, but I'm feeling pretty good right now. No scars or anything else.

HPV Awareness thread

I've had molescum.. is that HPV?

HPV Awareness thread

Quote: (05-12-2013 10:27 AM)soup Wrote:  

I've had molescum.. is that HPV?
negative

HPV Awareness thread

Quote: (05-12-2013 09:10 AM)JohnKreese Wrote:  

Quick update:

Two months later and nothing has come back. PA wanted to schedule a follow-up to "observe" any changes/progress, but I didn't feel like paying another $150 for some guy to look at my junk (something that I can and do do on my own). Still a chance that it might come back, but I'm feeling pretty good right now. No scars or anything else.

If the symptoms are gone can you still be a carrier? Are there ways for them to determine that?

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

HPV Awareness thread

Quote: (05-12-2013 10:46 AM)Caligula Wrote:  

Quote: (05-12-2013 09:10 AM)JohnKreese Wrote:  

Quick update:

If the symptoms are gone can you still be a carrier? Are there ways for them to determine that?

no, hpv lives in the skin, so a biopsy is impractical.
if you go 6 months and have no recurrence, you can consider yourself clear. 90% of cases last less than 2 years, 70% less than 1, with half resolving in 8 monthd

HPV Awareness thread

I've had moluscum, but I can't shake the feeling that Moluscum Contagiosum sounds like it's straight out of Harry Potter.