rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

XOJane Author Single For Seven Years

http://www.xojane.com/relationships/ive-...even-years

Surprisingly honest, but misses the point. Heartiste and others retweeted this one, and I found the topic fascinating enough to kick the blog back into life again and comment.

http://ariseandexcel.wordpress.com/2013/...y-i-think/

The interesting thing about the blog is that she literally lays out the problems that she needs to correct in order to get a boyfriend, and then wonders what to do.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

If you're a woman and you can't get a boyfriend you are seriously fucked.

- on antidepressants: check
- probably abused and fucked in the head: check
- overweight: check
- strange misbuild bodyparts: check
- telling you all of this on the first date: check

she may not responsible for her short comings, but any sane man with some experience will choose not have a relationship or will reproduce with her

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Haha. She's a frumpy 30-something that wants to date skinny 20-something guys in bands.

If she widened her search to a fella in his late 30's she would be dating - even with her quirks and needing to lose 20 pounds.

Damn, some women are really dumb.

I love how she says "I'm single and I don't know why!" and then proceeds to list seven reasons why she's single. She knows exactly why she's single.

WTF are "autoimmune issues"?

If you mean allergies then fucking say allergies or else I'm going to think you've got the aids.

Quote: (03-09-2013 12:09 AM)kickboxer Wrote:  

I've always said the same thing. Something is really wrong with you if you're a single woman in America but don't want to be.

Quote: (03-09-2013 11:10 AM)Blaster Wrote:  

If you mean allergies then fucking say allergies or else I'm going to think you've got the aids.

Things like Lupus. Diseases that cause your immune system to attack your healthy cells. It's actually the opposite of AIDS in a way.

[Image: marci%20single.jpg]

I don't find anything all that bad with her looks in this photo above. I'm sure she gets plenty of attention, just not from the guys she wants to get attention from. I'm not even sure the quirky overly honest on the first date thing is going to be a deal-breaker for most dudes. I'd hit it with no problem.

There are a number of reasons that she outlined that all contribute to her being single, but this one particularly cracked me up:

Quote:Quote:

If my weight truly is playing a preventative part in this dating shitshow, it’s probably not the number itself or how it looks on my frame. It’s the insecurity that has come with not feeling I look my personal best.

You go, girl!

[Image: monkey.gif]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (03-10-2013 03:20 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (03-09-2013 11:10 AM)Blaster Wrote:  

Things like Lupus. Diseases that cause your immune system to attack your healthy cells. It's actually the opposite of AIDS in a way.

[Image: marci%20single.jpg]

I don't find anything all that bad with her looks in this photo above. I'm sure she gets plenty of attention, just not from the guys she wants to get attention from. I'm not even sure the quirky overly honest on the first date thing is going to be a deal-breaker for most dudes. I'd hit it with no problem.

I think she'd be a goer. Not had any in a while and not knowing when her next lay is coming about is a good combination for a good performance.

I posted a comment: "Lose Weight"

It got 3 likes and 15 dislikes. A commenter who posted an agreement below it got his comment deleted.

Quote: (03-10-2013 08:46 AM)Walderschmidt Wrote:  

It got 3 likes and 15 dislikes. A commenter who posted an agreement below it got his comment deleted.

If that's her in the picture, weight is the least of her problems…

Quote: (03-10-2013 12:21 AM)houston Wrote:  

I've always said the same thing. Something is really wrong with you if you're a single woman in America but don't want to be.

I've met several American women in this predicament and it always seems like they either have standards that are way out of proportion to their looks (i.e., a 5 with a checklist a mile long) or they are workaholics who don't have much time to date.

Also, why is a chick who hasn't had a boyfriend in 7 years doling out dating advice?

That would be like taking game advice from a dude who is a virgin.

Quote: (03-10-2013 09:27 AM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Also, why is a chick who hasn't had a boyfriend in 7 years doling out dating advice?

That would be like taking game advice from a dude who is a virgin.

It seems that women are not appreciative of irony, or in this case, aware of it.

Quote: (03-10-2013 09:25 AM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Quote: (03-10-2013 12:21 AM)houston Wrote:  

I've met several American women in this predicament and it always seems like they either have standards that are way out of proportion to their looks (i.e., a 5 with a checklist a mile long) or they are workaholics who don't have much time to date.

All you have to do is go out on a Friday or Saturday night in any major city in the U.S. The guys outnumber women by a pretty large margin in the vast majority of venues. If a woman can't get some dude when it's that easy for them, they're either dumb, delusional, or both. Despite this girl's shortcomings in the looks department, there are still probably hordes of brainwashed American males who would be willing to "man up" or "do the right thing" and commit to her frumpy ass.

From what I can tell, her problem is simple: she is attracted to men who are not attracted to her. This ain't rocket science; although, when you're stuck in the "we're all beautiful, special creatures" bubble, it might as well be.

This chick does that thing that I've seen so many women do. She states what she is attracted to as if it's something extraordinary. She's into tall, skinny, indie-looking dudes. Guess what? So are half the women in New York. The guys that she is interested in have an almost endless supply of cute twenty-somethings to choose from. Why would they settle for a chubby thirty-five year old with mad emotional baggage?

There's probably lots of average thirty-something cubicle-working men who actually would be happy to date this chick. The fact that she hasn't been able to find any I those men tells you all you need to know.

Again, if she lost half a stone (7lbs) she'd look much better. Another example of weight being almost the biggest factor in a woman's sexual attractiveness...besides her face. Then again, I much rather a slim girl with a below average face than the other way round.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

As least she has dogs instead of cats.

She's 35. Game over.

Quote: (03-10-2013 08:53 AM)reino341 Wrote:  

Quote: (03-10-2013 08:46 AM)Walderschmidt Wrote:  

If that's her in the picture, weight is the least of her problems…

If she lost some weight, men she would find attractive would hit on her.

Some men might even put up with her shit for more than a couple of hours so she can call them "boyfriend" and validate her status as a woman of worth.

It's really sad when a woman in this day in age has all the options and cards stacked in her favor, yet still can't find a man. Yet, this is a problem many women experience.

Half of this problem would go away if some of these women had enough restraint when it came shoving things other than cock in their mouths.

Quote: (03-10-2013 03:38 PM)Walderschmidt Wrote:  

If she lost some weight, men she would find attractive would hit on her.

Some men might even put up with her shit for more than a couple of hours so she can call them "boyfriend" and validate her status as a woman of worth.

It's really sad when a woman in this day in age has all the options and cards stacked in her favor, yet still can't find a man. Yet, this is a problem many women experience.

Half of this problem would go away if some of these women had enough restraint when it came shoving things other than cock in their mouths.

I don't think her weight is her main problem by a long shot. I'd say she's "thick" but saying she's fat is a bit much. A fat girl to me is one with a protruding stomach, double chin and a waistline that's wider than her hips. If her stomach still looks fairly flat and she still has a hip to waist ratio yet isn't skinny, then she's "thick". And many men have no problem fucking with thick women, myself included. Her loose dress might be concealing something, but from what I see at this angle I wouldn't call this chic fat per se.

I think her main problem is her standards being way too high for a woman of fairly average looks, as Texas Prophet said. Her body type isn't what's holding her back. I've seen plenty of morbidly obese women waaaay bigger than her who have no shortage of men trying to fuck them. Sad as that may be. She's really just a fairly normal looking early to mid 30s white woman. Not a dog, but not a hottie either.

Quote: (03-10-2013 04:31 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I think her main problem is her standards being way too high for a woman of fairly average looks, as Texas Prophet said. Her body type isn't what's holding her back. I've seen plenty of morbidly obese women waaaay bigger than her who have no shortage of men trying to fuck them. Sad as that may be. She's really just a fairly normal looking early to mid 30s white woman. Not a dog, but not a hottie either.

That's really depressing. I think we would have some of the most beautiful women in the U.S. due to all those wonderful genes mixing, if it weren't for obesity and general fat-assedness.

I suppose you're right, but I think it'd be easier for her to change her weight than her personality.

Unless she moves to someplace where she has actual competition.

Wald

Quote: (03-10-2013 04:31 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

And many men have no problem fucking with thick women, myself included.

Quoted for truth.

...further reading of the article reveals what might be her biggest problem:

Quote:Quote:

Over our first drinks, I’ll draw attention to my weird, clubbed thumbs. When we order the second round, I’ll make a flirtatious quip about how, after 10 years and as many antidepressants, I switched to Cymbalta and have been on it ever since. By the third, I’ll have found a humorous way to tell you I was raped in college.

If you come out of the gate talking about how you're on anti-depressants and you were raped in college, any sane guy is going to realize you've got some pretty serious issues and bounce as soon as he can.

I bet if this woman had kids at a young age and was at home reading them Big Bird ABCs or some shit instead of having a career she probably wouldn't need the pills. It seems like every fucking career woman is on something.

x2

Quoted for truth!