rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What are you guys paying for car insurance?

Just got a shocker today, some lady at work told me she is paying $480 for car insurance on a regular car.

A good friend of mine is paying almost $300 per month for a old prelude.

The world is gone mad and I feel so good that I don't own a car.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Its a huge scam! Ive thought of finding a $50/mo hustle that I know is a scam just to save $$ and not be driving illegally. But if someone without insurance does a hit and run im screwed. Im paying $150/month because some chick hit me while I was leaving private property, automatically my fault by law. i see a very profitable scam in hitting people leaving private property. If not for that 1 accident i would be paying $75-90/month, which is still fucked up considering 8 years and a clean driving record.

Mine is close to 500 a month. I drive a 2008 truck and live in western Canada. Yup its crazy alright.

I had an idea before called 'ghosting':

You and a friend buy the exact same car but live in different parts of the city/state/province.

You both go under the same insurance policy and also things like tax, warrenty, insurance, road warrenty test for only one of the cars.

Copy the plates so both cars have the same and don't ever drive near each other.

Win!

I was real close to doing this before but didn't follow through. Would work for sure back in Ireland.

$2500 a year (brooklyn/geico)

$77/month. In western Canada. 2003 Mazda

$200/month on a 01 malibu*.. 87 ranger is about $90 a month for normal insurance, $100 a year for historic.. and this is in Ontario.. Not in the city tho.. Under my parents*

20 years old dont even have full license

Conceived to beat all odds like Las Vegas

This is crazy, the people I were talking about are not even young.

Our New Blog:

Back home its a lot better. My brother drives two really nice classic cars for like 50-70 euros a year each.

Plus both cars are stylish as hell and very eye catching. I think classic cars are the way to go for city driving.

Jesus...I live in NYC and I pay $720/year. Who did I blow?

$91.00 per month for full coverage. I have been driving for over eighteen years and have never had any points on my license. I have had two extremely minor accidents, at least one of which was determined to be my fault , but I don't believe either of those "accidents" affected the cost of my insurance.

paying 135 a month for a 2010 Mada 3
Sucks

I had a 2008 liberty jeep and paid $2400 per year in toronto. I am over 30 years old and with a CLEAN record. Deductible is reasonable, million dollar liability coverage....still crazy!!!!

I pay 100 USD/ year for two cars...Late 90's American cars.

Quote: (03-08-2013 11:00 PM)Irishman Wrote:  

Back home its a lot better. My brother drives two really nice classic cars for like 50-70 euros a year each.

Plus both cars are stylish as hell and very eye catching. I think classic cars are the way to go for city driving.

No way can that be rite? is that 70 euro for insurance for the year fully comp?[Image: biggrin.gif] i have an 1983 classic car and its costing 480 euro for the year and no 1 offer cheaper[Image: smile.gif]

I also drive your standard 1.4 petrol 5 door vw golf for running around its costing 400 hundred a year as well and a 98 work van for 300 a year 3rd party

I pay about $1,000 per year but it might go up after some woman hit my car from behind and my insurance sided with her. Bullshit.

I know I saved alot of money by switching to Esurance.

And Statefarm has motorcycle insurance thats 50-70% cheaper then any other company. I pay less for full coverage with Statefarm then I would have paid for Liability with Progressive on my CBR 1000rr

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

168 a month for liability! I got a reckless driving charge that goes away in August, thank god.

It will still be high though. Florida sucks for car insurance.

Quote: (03-09-2013 11:47 AM)Captain Ahab Wrote:  

168 a month for liability! I got a reckless driving charge that goes away in August, thank god.

It will still be high though. Florida sucks for car insurance.

Toronto sucks for car insurance. Average cost $200 per month no matter your age or what you are driving. Of course if you are young expect to be screwed.

Our New Blog:

$200, clean record and no priors

Toronto has obscene car insurance. That's why when a lot of y'all were saying just get a car, I was wishing you could have visited and seen the insane prices.
Most people who have a car usually compensate by living with a lizard or their parents.

I chose instead to have my own place and live off the Yonge line.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

$300 for 6 Months on a Landcruiser type SUV in Midwest USA.

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

$700/year in Western Canada (Alberta)
Liability insurance for a 1997 Honda Civic.

I used to be an Insurance Advisor, so I knew which triggers would help the rate go down. [Image: angel.gif]

Toronto has one of the highest rates of insurance because of population. More drivers = more accidents. However, the highest in Ontario is Brampton, a suburb of Toronto. Some of the worst I've ever seen, paying 1.5x to 2x the rate of Torontonian drivers.

Around $300 per 6 months.

$45 a month mothaahfuckas.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

I thought Toronto was a freeway city like Houston and LA. Why the fuck is Canada so expensive? Paying to live in a bootleg America.