rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Strange OKCupid messaging rhythm

I have three standard openers I use on OKCupid. One I use 95% of the time, the second I use 4%, and the last I use maybe 1% of the time, roughly. For for all practical purpose I use that first opener 100% of the time. I won't mention what it is because I don't want to spread its usage.

Some days I get anywhere from a 40% to 80% response rate from the hottest 18-year-olds.

After having a day like that, the very next day, I will get a response rate of absolute zero, having changed nothing.

I'm wondering if some algorithmic influence internal to OKCupid affects this, or maybe something internal to the weekly routine of young chicks. Or some combination thereof.

I am seeking employment in Oslo, Norway. Any assistance is appreciated.

Was this really worthy of a new thread instead of posting it in the already existing OKCupid thread? I doubt it has anything to do with the site itself. Some days they bite and on others they don't.

Quote: (03-08-2013 02:00 PM)bionicman Wrote:  

Was this really worthy of a new thread instead of posting it in the already existing OKCupid thread? I doubt it has anything to do with the site itself. Some days they bite and on others they don't.

Was your thought really worthy of posting a response? Anyway, the swing from one day to the next is so dramatic that I've allowed myself to wonder if it isn't something outside of the normal rhythm of "some days they bite and others they don't." Mea culpa.

I'm fully convinced all girls on OKC are in contact with eachother and share your openers behind your back. I too experience the same thing.

One thing that always nets a good response rate from the younger girls is: messaging users who signed up in the past week (I swear its almost 100%) and messaging girls late at night, they're horny and want some D

Quote: (03-08-2013 03:33 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I'm fully convinced all girls on OKC are in contact with eachother and share your openers behind your back. I too experience the same thing.

One thing that always nets a good response rate from the younger girls is: messaging users who signed up in the past week (I swear its almost 100%) and messaging girls late at night, they're horny and want some D

Word.

An ex I met off of OKC once bragged to me that she had been given some measure of administrative privilege that she subtly threatened to use against me should I ever rejoin the site after we broke up. Helps fuel my conspiracy sense.

Post the messages.

Quote: (03-08-2013 07:02 PM)germanico Wrote:  

Post the messages.

NEIN!!!

I know what you mean. You send out a bunch of messages, get replies and views. Then you keep doing it and everything just stops.. no new messages or views. I think after x amount of messages, they block them, but just dont tell you

I cant get into Okcupid at all. I cant even register as a new user, is there a problem with the site?

Quote: (03-08-2013 07:24 PM)Mr.Barbarian Wrote:  

Quote: (03-08-2013 07:02 PM)germanico Wrote:  

Post the messages.

NEIN!!!

You need a psychic to answer your questions then.
Questions that should have gone in the existing okc thread.

Of course girls are more likely to respond when they're online on a Wednesday afternoon when they're sitting at home bored than when they're getting flooded with messages by horny lonely dudes on a Friday night.

fyi if its 100% response rate one day and 0% response rate the next day your message is batting 50%. Its called variance.

Dont play poker btw.