rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do We Unfairly Hate On Where We Are From?

I have been thinking about this a lot.

Roosh famously hates DC (with good reason).

Mixx hated Miami Beach. Our Canadian brothers famously hate their respective cities. The Aussies hate Australia. The London cats hate London.

Lately we have had French cats hating Paris. Spanish cats hate Spain. There has even been periods where NYC cats have questioned if NYC is finished. Colombian cats have come on here hating Colombia. Argentinian cats have come on here hating Argentina. Brazilians have hated Brazil. This list goes on and on.

Hell, I have even been guilty with hating Southern California (although I use a fact based critique that is indisputable ie logistics, police state, International travel times, taxes, last call times, drinking laws, smoking laws, ratios, glass container laws, ID laws, jaywalking laws etc)

So my questions are this:

Do we unfairly hate on where we are from?

I mean, I love Miami Beach. I love Paris, Australia, Spain and Canada.

Sure some are expensive, and the weather sucks in some, but they are great places. I love Saville Row in London. I love NYC during the right months.

I mean there is so much hate, by reading the board the only place you think we can find happiness is a freezing industrial hell hole that looks like this:

This also begs the question:

Can people like us ever be happy in a place? Or do we need to constantly travel?

Personally, I have never been truly happy in anywhere I have lived for a long period of time (I think I may have found it, but only time will tell).

Also, I think many of the "beefs" we have on the forum result from the traveler perspective VS the person living there perspective.

I think if we recognize that, we can stop some of the violence.

I am all about peace these days.

Because, as you guys know, We are all in The Same Gang.

Just some thoughts I have been having.

Please Discuss.

My hate for the Jersey Shore is actually a partial hate. I love it for about three months of the year and hate it during the rest of the year. If someone were to ask me of any place in the world, where would I want to live in the summer, I would without a doubt say the Jersey Shore. That being said, I would prefer not to set foot in there during any other part of the year. Many people who have visited there have no idea how completely miserable it is for nine months of the year. During the summer, the weather is great, there are plenty of targets, you can go to the beach almost every day, and you can surf when there are waves, which is pretty often. During the winter, almost all Jersey Shore towns are completely dead, the weather is horrible, and most businesses are closed.

I have often thought that when I relocate to Miami, I could spend the summer at the Jersey Shore and spend the rest of the year in Miami. The cost of maintaining two separate residences, however, will probably cause me not to choose that option.

Grass is always greener on the other side comes to mind. Seems that guys also are more cautious in their own hometowns so that can make it feel alot worst.

Familiarity breeds contempt. When we travel, it's new, and just like there is a new car smell, there is a new place (new pussy) smell. After a while, it just becomes a piece of shit clunker I guess.

I'm trying to keep a positive attitude, even in DC. I know I haven't reached my personal limit here, and it's a great game work out.

I noticed a few posters in another thread remarking that they live in DC [not originally from--had to correct and edit this comment], that it gets a bad rap, and that they are able to live there happily. Had me thinking along these lines as well. Roosh hates on DC and as far as he goes he's right, but there are other experiences.

In a weird way I relate traveling to working out. Generating a little movement throughout the world and contact with new things is related to moving the blood through my body. That's a little out-there but it makes sense in my non-linear thoughts.

I am seeking employment in Oslo, Norway. Any assistance is appreciated.

Yes. Grew up in upstate NY and hate the area. Probably stems from wherever we went to high school and if you had a bad experience you project off of that into your older years. Your high school experience doesn't accurately reflect the real world.

Yes, especially when it comes to London, we have some real sexy women here but the hordes of women on our doorstep (eastern and southern europe) really makes us hate our own hood even more as it seems like a paradise out there, but London is fucking great.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Yeah, people do often hate on the place they live. For many I'm sure it's just a way rationalize their own poor outcomes.

Cali has gone down hill and we are paying "more for less." And yes I'm planning to bounce. But you'll never see me hate all over it.

It has it's problems but anyone who can't be happy in Cali needs anti-depressants.

Excellent question to ponder.

I am certain that had I grown up in Latin America or Eastern Europa, I would have emigrated and would have built a business in a city like Miami or Chicago - and would be singing the praises of the American dream.

I don't think I hate where I'm from - rather I hate what its become.

But, now that I've traveled as much as I have, and lived abroad - I no longer feel that I have a "home".

I've been "searching" for years now, and I haven't found "the place" yet. The reality is that I never will.

The closest I came was Argentina........

Quote: (03-05-2013 02:12 PM)LostGringo Wrote:  

I've been "searching" for years now, and I haven't found "the place" yet. The reality is that I never will.

The closest I came was Argentina........

Same here. If the women in Argentina were easier, it would be my favorite place in the world. I loved everything else about that place. If the women in the D.C. area looked better, I would have no complaints about the place. I'm not joking when I say that.

It's a case of the grass being greener on the other side or so we think.

It's familiarity.

I find comparing your home base to other regions is similar to comparing your life to others (made even more tempting through social media), you only see other peoples highlights, where as you see your everything and everything about your city.

I think there is some truth to it.
I do not like being Indian because Indians worship a sport I have never liked, extremely beta and have controlling families, more feminism the US/UK?Australia/Sweden/Canada and bollywood which is laden with ridiculous blue pill material.
Even though I was raised in Australia for most of my life and Australia has a lot of feminism, the living conditions are much better than India and while Australia is known for its fat women ( I live in Melbourne ), it is still miles better than India for pick up and cold approaching.

A lot of it just has to do with the fact that when you travel abroad you are in a more carefree and fun state of mind. This makes it easier to flirt. At home you have work, school, you know people, enemies, friends, exes, reputation, etc. I think many misinterpret this by thinking the place itself is better, when it's really just your inner state that is more conducive to gaming.

People have a tough time differentiating from getting older (more options) and allocating it to a specific spot.

Most people improve their life from where ever they started if they work hard so immediately every place beyond their home ground = better. Because they have... Improved themselves.

That's the real crux.

People hate on where they're from, but as soon as someone else does it they get proud and defensive.

I love NYC. What I've grown to hate is WINTER. And the most humid parts of the summer. But the place itself, I can't imagine ever leaving permanently. I'd love to be able to travel more, and spend a few months here and there in different countries. But I'd always want home base to be NY.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (03-05-2013 02:48 PM)Alexander Wrote:  

People hate on where they're from, but as soon as someone else does it they get proud and defensive.

DC and certain cities in Canada don't get people up in arms defending them.

Maybe because a lot of the DC heads are transplants. Not sure.

You know, I think you are right. When I was in Miami Beach, I hated on it a lot on this forum. But looking back, I had a shit load of fun there and realize that it's not a bad place to live after all. To be honest, my prime time in Miami Beach I wasn't really posting on the forum though. A cat hit me up the other day asking about Miami Beach and I told him the same thing. That I eventually started to like it much more, but at the time wasn't posting on the forum. I think it was just built out of the frustration I had at the time, when I was getting bad attitudes from lots of girls, and people in general could be extremely rude. On thing I will say though, living there made me feel like I had a big slump in my game, but I realized that it was just a place that is only for the true top notch players, because once I left Miami Beach, I did much better in the other places I went. I would go through 4 month dry spells in Miami, and that shit was tough to cope with. Moving on, I definitely won't go a month without getting laid, usually not even 2 weeks. But looking back, I had a great time in Miami and met some really good people. If you have top notch game, lots of money, and some status, Miami beach would be heaven for women. Without all that, the women don't come easy, but it is a slice of paradise regardless. I can tell your right now, there are much shittier places to live.

I'm guilty, but part is aging out. You tend to think everything's gotten worse, but really what's happening is as you age past 45 women are simply less interested, unless you've got some awesome expanding material/social empire-- like owning a modeling agency haha. .

Quote: (03-05-2013 03:25 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (03-05-2013 02:48 PM)Alexander Wrote:  

DC and certain cities in Canada don't get people up in arms defending them.

Maybe because a lot of the DC heads are transplants. Not sure.

I am from the DMV (local speak for DC/Maryland/Virginia) and have returned home after a very long hiatus. I will defend DC Metro on just about any other topic besides WOMEN. This is a GAME forum and not really the venue for me to get on a soap box and discuss the merits of the place, because well, you all know about DC women by now. But seriously, besides women, DC takes it for me. In fact, I have been thinking about starting "The DC Positivity Thread".

"The spoiled child cries first."

I love Hawaii.

There's a few things I could bitch about like isolation or the US goverments taxes, but the benefits of living and being from here make those things seem trivial.

I'm gone at least half tbe month now days and after a little while all I can think about is getting home.

Aloha!

Quote: (03-05-2013 10:57 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I have been thinking about this a lot.
The Aussies hate Australia.
Please Discuss.

I love Australia with all my heart, but i HATE our fucking Government [goes in Sept., thank Christ!] i hate fun police, i hate being over taxed, i hate the future for the young, i hate the gap between rich and poor, i hate the price difference for near everything imported and what you can buy it for overseas [price gouging], i hate being over policed and way to many nonsense laws and regulations, i hate that girls play hard and games [leave that to the Italian sisters], i hate that they are letting more migrants in yet we have not enough jobs for those here, and i hate the price of property here

Other than that it is THE BEST country on the planet, you have to compromise and cannot have the best in every area.

If/where is a better place on this planet, please advise!

[PS/ I love Italy too, and defend it to the hilt, but currently its worse than here]

"Lifes about, shooting your load"

Quote: (03-05-2013 04:17 PM)Kona Wrote:  

I love Hawaii.

There's a few things I could bitch about like isolation or the US goverments taxes, but the benefits of living and being from here make those things seem trivial.

I'm gone at least half tbe month now days and after a little while all I can think about is getting home.

Aloha!

Yeah, but you live in paradise.

And where else are you going to get a spam musubi to the brain?

Good to have you back Kona.

What is up with the Biarittz update?

I have been waiting on your perspective for almost a year.