rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Going to the gym with a girl

Should you go to the gym with your main girl?

Pros/Cons?

This girl wants me to go to the gym with her and she has also talked about doing hot yoga together. I told I would probably do it but then I had second thoughts and wanted to consult you guys for advice.

A guy I know refuses to let his girl go to the gym alone because I think hes afraid of her getting hit on.

I also read this article from askmen saying that you shouldn't go to the gym with your girl

http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuildin...e-gym.html

Personally I wouldn't do it. Is she going to spot you on the bench? You'll help each other stretch? I mean what's the point?

Basically all you'll do is walk in together and walk out together because you won't be doing the same routine unless you want to do ellipticals next to each other which is a task better suited for her gay friend.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Quote: (03-04-2013 08:25 PM)murrb Wrote:  

Pros/Cons?

This girl wants me to go to the gym with her and she has also talked about doing hot yoga together. I told I would probably do it but then I had second thoughts and wanted to consult you guys for advice.

A guy I know refuses to let his girl go to the gym alone because I think hes afraid of her getting hit on.

I also read this article from askmen saying that you shouldn't go to the gym with your girl

That article lists good reasons for not bringing along a girl. I find having a chick waiting on me in the gym to be pretty distracting - not conducive to getting in a good workout.

You should not put so much stock in articles from Askmen.com because a lot of stuff there is written by women and girly men. Some of the bold points in the article posted above are valid while others arent. Is the same girl bojangles and I helped you with? If so it seems like she's still trying to reel you into a relationship. What are you planning on getting out of these trips to the gym with her in case you actually decide to go because the cons severly outweigh the pros here?

Quote: (03-04-2013 08:40 PM)Alpha Hunter Zero Wrote:  

You should not put so much stock in articles from Askmen.com because a lot of stuff there is written by women and girly men. Some of the bold points in the article posted above are valid while others arent. Is the same girl bojangles and I helped you with? If so it seems like she's still trying to reel you into a relationship. What are you planning on getting out of these trips to the gym with her in case you actually decide to go?

Yes same girl and thats what I was thinking as well....What am I trying to get out of these trips that I dont already get by going to the gym by myself?

I guess just after hearing my friend talk about how he wont allow his girl to go the gym by herself made me blink for a second but now I think that is just pretty stupid and insecure on his part.

She told me she quit going to the gym while I was on my vacation to Thailand because she got tired of all the personal trainers and other guys trying to fuck her but now she wants to go again because she got a little soft.

Quote: (03-04-2013 08:25 PM)murrb Wrote:  

Pros/Cons?

Why not?

Go with her and bang her afterwards.

I did it on Sat.

Quote:Quote:

This guy sounds like an idiot.

She's probably lying but it's plausible. I find it funny how she worked out and kept tight before you left but as soon as you got on that plane she immediately started letting herself go. Now you're back and she comes up with an intelligent excuse to justify why she stopped working out. She told you the personal trainers and other guys were trying to fuck her because she's trying to get you jealous and worried in the hopes you'll commit to her. Also in HER mind, her telling you that other dudes are chasing her raises your interest level in her. Smart girl, I'll give her that.

Quote: (03-04-2013 08:59 PM)Alpha Hunter Zero Wrote:  

She's probably lying but it's plausible. I find it funny how she worked out and kept tight before you left but as soon as you got on that plane she immediately started letting herself go. Now you're back and she comes up with an intelligent excuse to justify why she stopped working out. She told you the personal trainers and other guys were trying to fuck her because she's trying to get you jealous and worried in the hopes you'll commit to her. Also in HER mind, her telling you that other dudes are chasing her raises your interest level in her. Smart girl, I'll give her that.

I'm trying to play the "dont care" game until I can get my own place which should be really soon and then I will start trying this "building a harem" routine that I read about on here so often.

A few times I ignored her for too long and she started posting stuff on her fb like "I'm done chasing guys!" and some other stupid stuff but then she will text me something like "Ok I guess we dont talk anymore?"

I'm all for this. It is a good way to ensure that she stays in shape.

Quote: (03-04-2013 08:50 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Why not?

Go with her and bang her afterwards.

I did it on Sat.

If this was by any chance at Crunch on Washington Avenue, I guarantee there were countless Betas staring at her the whole time. A bit of personal experience there.

If it's a wife/LTR, and she wants to keep it tight for you and seeks your guidance, I don't think it's a horrible idea. If it's a chick you aren't really serious about, and you're serious about your workout and she'll be doing her own thing too, I don't see the harm either. If it's just about "doing something together" I say NO.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

I tried that and it never works out, its the same with taking your girl to a club. I'd rather be single...

If its a girl that you are just trying to bang then its ok.

Same as what I said in the thread about the girl getting all pissy for getting chucked out of her gym for using her phone. I go to the gym to work out, it's time for me and it's a big part of my self improvement. Any outside distractions just get in the way. Hell, even the PT I used to use comes to talk to me sometimes to catch up when I'm in the middle of my routines and I tell him I have to cut him short because I need to crack on.

If you're serious about going to the gym, then don't take your girl. There's one guy at my gym who goes with his bird and her mate and they spend so fucking long in the gym and take up so much equipment between the three of them it drives me mental.

Tell her you'll take her to sign up for pilates or yoga but she's not hitting the weights with you. If she wants to run, run outside.

Are you more fit than she is?
Or is it the other way around?

WIA

It's one thing if she legitimately wants you to help her, e.g. she's never been to a gym before and wants you to show her how to lift or somesuch. (Hard to believe, but possible I guess.) It's quite another if she just wants to be there with you. When I go to the gym, it's like going to work. I want to get in and get out, not exchange waves and smiles across the room. I guess it can't hurt, but I'd think it would be a nuisance, and sounds like it would be sending the wrong message, since she would almost certainly treat it as as a boyfriend/girlfriend thing.

If she's not a clinger then give it a try. I've even trained my girls before and it's a great pre-sex activity. Blood is pumping, etc.

Take a shower with her after and grab a good PWM. Can be a great FREE productive activity to do.

Any guy worried about other guys hitting on his girl at the gym is an insecure beta chump who will lose his girlfriend to me one night at the club when I swoop her with my suit and cig.