rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

One Week in DC. Where to stay? What to do? How to bang?

I have to spend a week in DC soon, Monday morning to Friday afternoon. I was hoping board members could give me some ideas on where to stay and what to do. There are DC threads, I know, but DC seems to be one of those places where the cool spots change frequently so I'm hoping someone with current info can help me out.

My goals
1. Get laid
2. Eat good food
3. Drink good beer

My constraints
1. I'd like to minimize my commute to the NSF in Arlington where I'll be working during the day, so I need to be close to a metro stop
2. My hotel should ideally be under $250 per night
3. I need to be sharp during the day, so staying out too late won't work for me because I need to get into the office early.
4. In case it isn't clear, I care more about logistics at night than being close to the NSF. I'd like to be close to the pussy, so I can take the pussy back to the hotel easily.

Obviously, day game isn't going to work. I need to go for the bang the same night I meet the ho. Maybe I should just take the dive and try the apocalypse opener.
I'm a custom suit type of guy and very highly educated. Asian girls are into me like I'm the best thing since karaoke, so spots with lots of Asians, especially FOB Asians will probably work best for me. I can speak Spanish, but I don't particularly enjoy Latin dance.

Any advice is appreciated.
Are quality and odds too low during that time period to even bother?
Should I lie about the length of time I'll be in DC? I have no problems telling a bitch that I'll be there for months.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

redacted

Thanks, WIA.

Any other players with good advice?

-Project Pat

WIA has good suggestions. The only thing to watch out for with the Helix is that it caters to people traveling with dogs, so keep that in mind. That area has some of the best logistics in DC. 14th st up to U st and on U st has maybe the best concentration of bars and restaurants in the city.

What sort of crowd/girls are you looking for?

Jeez.

For all the DC head on here, this thread has been:

Quote: (03-06-2013 11:07 AM)j r Wrote:  

WIA has good suggestions. The only thing to watch out for with the Helix is that it caters to people traveling with dogs, so keep that in mind. That area has some of the best logistics in DC. 14th st up to U st and on U st has maybe the best concentration of bars and restaurants in the city.

What sort of crowd/girls are you looking for?

Filthy whores who will let me do A2M, but I'll accept FOB Asians. White girls of Northern European descent also tend to dig me, as do Indian chicks. Mediterranean chicks don't go for me for some reason.

-Project Pat

DAMN I just saw this... shoot any questions on PM.

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."

Washington Post Going Out Guide is a good resource. If you are only here for a a few weekday nights my suggestion is get into a central location like WIA said and VENUE CHANGE like a beast until you find what you want.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/gog/dc-bars-clubs.html

Reply sent

Long time lurker, but I can give you some of the latest Intel on DC since I've lived here for 6 years. Not sure what types of places you like to frequent, so I'll just throw out a bunch of places near Dupont that I go to normally.

For Dupont:
Definitely hit up Mad Hatter's on Thursday nights. It's just south of Dupont circle on Conn Ave. They have cheap beer ($1, small cups) all night which brings out a lot of people. I took a chick back to her hotel at 11pm from here one time. I think it was actually to Hotel Helix, lol.

18th Street Lounge (ESL for short) is good for Wednesday nights. Also along Conn. Ave. Very international crowd.

Lucky Bar (across from ESL) and The Exchange (on the circle) are decent options for American chicks.

Cafe Citron is the Latin bar/club. It's a few doors up from Mad Hatters. Also check out The Big Hunt if you're on the way there too.

I've noticed some chicks wandering out at Sign of the Whale on M St, but I can't vouch for the potential because it's not my scene normally.

Good bars on H Street NE:
-- Rock n' Roll Hotel
-- Little Miss Whiskey's
-- Smith Commons

On U Street:
-- Tropicalia is a brand-new dance club on 14th and U St. Lots of parties there recently.
-- Dodge City or Velvet Lounge
-- DC9
-- Solly's U St Tavern (my friends vouch for this place for hooking up. It's below my standards normally)

Another tip, if you're out in Arlington already for NSF work, hang out in Clarendon afterwards. Lots of cuties out there and they have a different mentality than those in the city (naturally). Check out the following places:

-- Whitlow's on Wilson (Typical post-college bar)
-- IOTA (good for live music)
-- Ri-Ra (Irish pub good for live music)
-- Clarendon Grill is a regular post-work HH bar.
-- Spyder Kelly's has billiards and a good crowd normally

Good luck.

L2 lounge on cady's alley in g'town-very NYC style/eurotrash scene unlike you find elsewhere in DC. Have been blown out by a lot of Russkie chicks here, but also had the occasional success-and-worth it! Easier to get in on weeknights than weekends.

IS L2 a private club.. I heard about it. bt never been.

The one piece of advice I can give you on girls in DC: approach. Deep down, DC chicks are sad creatures dying to be approached and led. Don't be intimidated by the bitch shield; don't let the city get to you. Now, to add:

Cafe St. Ex on T and 14th st, Policy near 14th and U st, The Reef on 18th st (Adams Morgan), and Current are busy with asians on the weekends. I see more Asians at Current from my experience. Expect to see people in the 22-30 age range in the clubs mentioned above. Cafe St Ex and Policy are near the U street metro; you'll need a cab to get to most places in AdMo including The Reef, and Current is near the Dupont Circle and Farrugut North metro stations.

More upscale: the W hotel's rooftop bar; chicks from all over the world are dressed in skirts and heels, and there is a dress code for guests who aren't staying in the hotel. Because of this, I think that most of the girls are more open to approaches, since everyone is well dressed and under the pretense that you are making good money. It's right on F and 12th NW, near metro center. Also, there is the Hamilton right across the street from the W--it's a three story bar & lounge. If you've been to Clyde's before, it's that but bigger (the restaurant group that owns Clyde's owns the Hamilton). Good seafood too.

I enjoy Bourbon on 18th street (Adams Morgan). It's more of a late 20s-early 30s crowd, girls can be bitchy but Friday nights around 10 isn't so bad.

Check out the Brixton on U st if you have time--it's where the DC RVF meetup was held.
Gallego's post on Clarendon is accurate. I'll also add Liberty Tavern to that list--it's smaller than the other venues, but I've found girls there to be more open. They have great food, too--grab an individual size pizza for HH and pick your targets. If you find yourself in Courthouse, then check out Guarapo. It's more of an South American crowd.

For a grabbing a bite, off the top: Burgers-- Burgers Taps & Shakes, Five Guys, Black & Orange. Ramen-- Daikaya. Bistro food-- Bistro du Quant, Mintwood Palace. Subs/Sandwiches-- DSG Delicatessen, Sundevich, Potbelly, Taylor's. PM me if you want to know more about the DC food scene--I cooked in the city for a few years.

La Familia:
You should really post more often. The few posts I have seen from you have been extremely helpful.

Has anyone been to Cuba Libre in D.C.? I know I have posted about the Atlantic City Cuba Libre and I know Technics and others have posted about the Philadelphia location, but I don't remember reading any posts about the D.C. location.

Quote: (03-08-2013 04:13 PM)Gallego2006 Wrote:  

Long time lurker, but I can give you some of the latest Intel on DC since I've lived here for 6 years. Not sure what types of places you like to frequent, so I'll just throw out a bunch of places near Dupont that I go to normally.

For Dupont:
Definitely hit up Mad Hatter's on Thursday nights. It's just south of Dupont circle on Conn Ave. They have cheap beer ($1, small cups) all night which brings out a lot of people. I took a chick back to her hotel at 11pm from here one time. I think it was actually to Hotel Helix, lol.

18th Street Lounge (ESL for short) is good for Wednesday nights. Also along Conn. Ave. Very international crowd.

Lucky Bar (across from ESL) and The Exchange (on the circle) are decent options for American chicks.

Cafe Citron is the Latin bar/club. It's a few doors up from Mad Hatters. Also check out The Big Hunt if you're on the way there too.

I've noticed some chicks wandering out at Sign of the Whale on M St, but I can't vouch for the potential because it's not my scene normally.

Ha.

DC is so funny.

You could have asked this question and received this exact same answer 15 years ago.

There is zero turnover of bars in DC.

DC bar owner is a steady long term gig.

Quote: (03-09-2013 02:34 AM)Merenguero Wrote:  

La Familia:
You should really post more often. The few posts I have seen from you have been extremely helpful.

Has anyone been to Cuba Libre in D.C.? I know I have posted about the Atlantic City Cuba Libre and I know Technics and others have posted about the Philadelphia location, but I don't remember reading any posts about the D.C. location.

Thanks Merenguero. Although DC's reputation is well known around here, the upside to this city is that you can find your niche here, and pretty easily too. In regards to Cuba Libre, I only have second hand accounts from female friends saying that there's a good ratio of females to males on Friday nights when the professional salsa dancers perform. I tried to check it out in late Nov, right before last call, and they wanted me to pay $10 cover.

G - I'm predicting that will all change in the next 5 years and those establishments will see fiercer competition. DC is stepping up their restaurant scene, thanks in large part to the mass gentrification that has been ongoing for the past 10 years.

Edit: The W is located on F & 14th.

Quote: (03-09-2013 09:58 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (03-08-2013 04:13 PM)Gallego2006 Wrote:  

For Dupont:

Ha.

DC is so funny.

You could have asked this question and received this exact same answer 15 years ago.

There is zero turnover of bars in DC.

DC bar owner is a steady long term gig.

Haha. Yea very true. A lot of the bars are owned by a select few. Take Thievery Corporation for example. The Brixton is their new venture. In addition to owning The Gibson, Marvin, Blackbyrd, 18th Str Lounge, etc.

Quote: (03-09-2013 03:14 PM)La Familia Wrote:  

Quote: (03-09-2013 02:34 AM)Merenguero Wrote:  

La Familia:

Thanks Merenguero. Although DC's reputation is well known around here, the upside to this city is that you can find your niche here, and pretty easily too. In regards to Cuba Libre, I only have second hand accounts from female friends saying that there's a good ratio of females to males on Friday nights when the professional salsa dancers perform. I tried to check it out in late Nov, right before last call, and they wanted me to pay $10 cover.

G - I'm predicting that will all change in the next 5 years and those establishments will see fiercer competition. DC is stepping up their restaurant scene, thanks in large part to the mass gentrification that has been ongoing for the past 10 years.

Edit: The W is located on F & 14th.

Yeah, but they survived:

- The shinny shirt era of the early 2000's
-The Multi-colored Striped shirt mortgage broker err of 2002-2007
-The Down economy era of Ed Hardy shirts 2007-2009
- The Hipster/fedora era of 2009-???

They have some staying power for sure.

You know what else has outlasted all those weesh eras?

The Custom Suited Down Cigarette Smoking International Playboy.

I was in Cuba Libre during the week to meet a chick I know for happy hour. They have a special on Caipirinhas for their happy hour menu. Like $5 and they make them pretty well. It's a cool little venue in the Chinatown area. I was at the bar and there were people in the background but I didn't notice anything. I guess it was dead but I wasn't there looking to mingle.

Chinatown is mainly a restaurant/date/pregame kind of scene. It's a place to go with company.

For pickup I recommend U St. bars. Cafe St. Ex, Marvins, Brixton are the main spots where you can pull.

DC clubbing in Dupont isn't worth it in my opinion. The venues are made for dancing and are way too loud to be heard. You can't really run convo-based game in those spots.

Since I'm never in DC on weekends anymore, I'll share a couple of my gems I never really see brought up.

1) Sax Lounge. Look it up. It's in the Metro Center area. I know I told Roosh about it privately and also took Rakishness here. It's a luxurious venue but can also be hit or miss, but I recommend checking it out BEFORE U St. They got burlesque dancers above in glass enclosed stage while people are partying below. It's a more upscale kind of crowd. Nice bar. International music. Some nice girls can be found here and to the extent I still fux with it if I'm going out in DC. Weak competition and plenty of space to approach and run your game.

2) Cities. 19th and I St. NW. Great spot in the summertime. A spot that could be on South Beach right in downtown DC near Shadow Room. A more snobby and pretentious crowd and NOT easy for pickup but you'll find the best looking chicks from all over the DMV here on Friday nights. It's that international/house music scene.

Since the weather is starting to warm up, be sure to check out the W rooftop bar any day of the week really. They close it up in the cold months but now it will open up again. Money shot view of the White House.

Quote: (03-10-2013 05:55 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

2) Cities. 19th and I St. NW. Great spot in the summertime. A spot that could be on South Beach right in downtown DC near Shadow Room. A more snobby and pretentious crowd and NOT easy for pickup but you'll find the best looking chicks from all over the DMV here on Friday nights. It's that international/house music scene.

Is this the same Cities that is (or was) in Adams Morgan?

That place was the best place in DC bar none back in the day.

It was a cool concept too.

Quote: (03-10-2013 07:49 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

No. Cities is downtown off of K St (DC's Wall Street except lobbyists/lawyers not bankers).

It's a restaurant during the day, but on Friday and Saturday nights it opens up as a venue. In the summer they have a roped off outdoor section in front of it with couches so you can see the action from the street. The girls I've seen here are just as good as you'll find anywhere pretty much. A lot of them don't even live in DC but deep in Virginia or Maryland. Lots of fly Middle Eastern chicks, Latinas, Europeans, etc.

http://www.citieswashington.com/

This is where you would go suited down and be straight.

I think Saturday nights is a different crowd/scene. That's the thing with nice club venues in DC. Nightlife in general there is segregated. A venue will typically start out with one kind of crowd but eventually the top promoters will get around to them and to get everyone's money the venue makes sure they have a night for the hip-hop crowd (black people) and then one for international (asians, middle easterners, latinos), and then whatever is left if anything. The Park is a prime example.

are you going out solo or with people from work?

Quote: (03-10-2013 08:01 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (03-10-2013 07:49 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

No. Cities is downtown off of K St (DC's Wall Street except lobbyists/lawyers not bankers).

It's a restaurant during the day, but on Friday and Saturday nights it opens up as a venue. In the summer they have a roped off outdoor section in front of it with couches so you can see the action from the street. The girls I've seen here are just as good as you'll find anywhere pretty much. A lot of them don't even live in DC but deep in Virginia or Maryland. Lots of fly Middle Eastern chicks, Latinas, Europeans, etc.

http://www.citieswashington.com/

This is where you would go suited down and be straight.

I think Saturday nights is a different crowd/scene. That's the thing with nice club venues in DC. Nightlife in general there is segregated. A venue will typically start out with one kind of crowd but eventually the top promoters will get around to them and to get everyone's money the venue makes sure they have a night for the hip-hop crowd (black people) and then one for international (asians, middle easterners, latinos), and then whatever is left if anything. The Park is a prime example.

Nice.

It must have moved.

The logo looks the exact same.

You know the place I am talking about that used to be in Adams Morgan right?

It used to shut down periodically and remodel and they would change the menu and decor to reflect a different "city"? ie Tokoyo or Nice, or Madrid or something. I loved the concept.

It was a legit spot in DC. Had a great set up, one of the best I have ever seen. Fly girls too.

It then closed and became Left Bank (can't believe I remember) http://www.yelp.com/biz/leftbank-washington which looks like it also closed.

This seems to me to be a resurrection of the Cities that was there on 18th.

Quote: (03-10-2013 08:57 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Nice.

It must have moved.

The logo looks the exact same.

You know the place I am talking about that used to be in Adams Morgan right?

It used to shut down periodically and remodel and they would change the menu and decor to reflect a different "city"? ie Tokoyo or Nice, or Madrid or something. I loved the concept.

It was a legit spot in DC. Had a great set up, one of the best I have ever seen. Fly girls too.

It then closed and became Left Bank (can't believe I remember) http://www.yelp.com/biz/leftbank-washington which looks like it also closed.

This seems to me to be a resurrection of the Cities that was there on 18th.

Yes, you're right. I forgot about the original one in Adam's Morgan. It had been closed down for years. I barely remember it since the Left Bank had stood out for so long in its place. This is the same type of idea but it's now in a different part of the city. Good memory.

Adam's Morgan is no longer a good spot in terms of venues. They all pretty much suck IMO. As that part of the city has declined, U St. has gotten better. AM used to be the shit before U St. blew up.

H St. in NE is up-and-coming but there's no real venue I've seen there that is good for pick up. The venues there and the neighborhood in general attracts hipster chicks more than anything.

I would recommend sticking to U St. bars and hitting up isolated venues downtown. There's little spots on the low in DC that can be hit or miss.

I would avoid Clarendon in Arlington for night game at all costs. There are cute girls but it's a lame social circle and frat/soror scene made up largely of schools in Virginia. It's lacking the diversity of venues and people that you find in DC. I think a lot of guys would be bored out of their minds there. But if day game is your thing this might be the best area in DC for that. Great logistics with the Whole Foods and Trader Joe's in close proximity. Lots of gyms, yoga studios, bookstores, boutique stores and coffee shops in a pedestrian-friendly area.

Quote: (03-10-2013 08:04 PM)NYC13 Wrote:  

are you going out solo or with people from work?

Solo. Custom suited. I didn't even bring casual clothes, just work clothes and gym clothes.

-Project Pat