rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RVF member writes for The New York Post

"The goal was to make history, but the result was just plain embarrassing.

A New Yorker’s bid to become the first woman to complete an NFL tryout proved to be a wince-inducing bust yesterday, ending in tears and pain after two woefully short kickoff attempts at a league-sponsored regional combine held at the Jets’ indoor practice facility in Florham Park.

Lauren Silberman, a 28-year-old MIT graduate who said she is a former club soccer player at Wisconsin, managed to send her two kicks just 14 and 16 yards — both laughable distances — before exiting in tears with what she said was an aggravated quadriceps injury."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_spor...U9tPlFrc6N

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

This has an uncanny resemblance to an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Dee, the girl, tries out for the Philadelphia Eagles while dressed like one of the guys--all to prove a point. She has one lucky kick, but then embarrasses herself in a similar fashion to this girl in the article.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Yeah.

The reason I can't be in the NFL is also because of an "aggravated quadriceps injury." It means I can't kick the ball.

Of course, the other stuff, like getting tackled by a 300lb man, I could handle like a pro if it weren't for my 'injury.'

Question is: would you bang? I would. [Image: thumb.gif]

[Image: attachment.jpg10287]   

[Image: attachment.jpg10288]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (03-04-2013 04:27 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

I get the impression from her "quadriceps injury" that she's the type of girl who'd invite you around for a booty call and then say, "Sorry, we can't. I've got a headache."

If that isn't the case, then yes, I would.

Weak muscle tone. Would not bang.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

The funny thing is before the "pressure" of her combine day she was blasting out 60 yard placekicks like nothing. She is complaining about common pain that 90% of NFL kickers face weekly. What differs from her and 90% of NFL kickers is that they know that you don't overload your legs by practising to much. What she probably assumed is that if she kicked 1000+ balls she would be that 1000+ much better, instead of practising by kicking 20 balls per day at a steady rate with rest and simply adjusting form and approach each time. Kickers are just supposed to stay warm for the 6-10 times they do kickoffs, PATs, and FGs, that's it. If they overload their legs it stiffens up and you can't do shit. The strength to blast out kicks farther comes with time and different training, your max is pretty much set before hand with a wack of other things you can't control affecting it (weather, wind, the snap, bad approach, the place, etc). Her saying the ''Quad issue was from a week ago'' might be BS as it would of seriously jeopardized her kicks prior during prep, and she would of of halted her practice and been at her baseline after resting to let it heal up fully.

The thing is this is Kicking 101. I never have kicked a football in my life on that level but even I know this from talking to the kickers on my team during Special Teams practice back in the day. Practice for them was always a joke as they just loosely walked around and methodically kicked just paying attention more to details and small mechanics then the actual force in which they where performing their kicks. The last thing a Kicker whom is trying to make the pros does is blast out his legs prior to his combine, you can already kick...thus why you were invited. I can tell this broad did not listen to any of this crap from her coaches - and thus - got laughed out of the room, lesson learned. She showed why women can't compete at the same level as men, not because they may lack the skills, but simply because their minds are just not built to humble themselves to properly prepare and practice correctly. A kickers career is basically fine tuning and fixing his mistakes, you are never perfect but your time is spent fixing your weaknesses to make you that much better... women can't acknowledge their weaknesses like men, and they simply lack the ability to as honestly as we do. She took it upon herself to "I'm going to show them.... me..me..me..me" and shot her leg in the process and made a mockery of herself in the process.

What a loser... would still hit it though. [Image: thumb.gif]

Quote:Quote:

Question is: would you bang?

Only if I get to yell "TOUCHDOWN!" when I'm done.

Poor girl.

You know there's other sports she can use her legs for and get paid well for it. [Image: wink.gif]

Nope.

Yeah...she can get the dick.

It's a little ridiculous that she would claim a quad injury. You just aren't good enough to do this at the top level. Admit that. Getting this "tryout" was your victory. Now go back to playing club soccer. Or better yet, join the Lingerie League!

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Who's the rvf member?

Heavily misleading thread title.

MIT graduate chicks are pretty common hosts for entitlement thinking, partially because their academic achievements embolden them and partially because their college experiences involve being treated like dimes because no real hotties exist in their sphere, maybe two or three max per class year.

Plus she'd probably lick your face or some shit.

Fuck this guy. Did the chick ask for any special consideration? If no, then there's no reason to shit on her. I support anyone, male or female, who is willing to put it on the line chasing their dreams.

It's become cool for desk jockeys like this writer to shit on people who are actually out there doing things. And that's exactly the problem. It's real easy to sit on the sidelines and criticize other people's failures. It's not do easy to be the person out chasing his or her dreams.

From the article:

Silberman, a New York City resident with a consulting firm devoted to helping athletes improve performance through video games (also the subject of her MIT thesis), drew snickers when her first attempt didn’t even cross the midfield stripe.

I wonder if I can become more swole through video games. What do you guys think?

Quote: (03-04-2013 05:02 AM)kosko Wrote:  

The funny thing is before the "pressure" of her combine day she was blasting out 60 yard placekicks like nothing. She is complaining about common pain that 90% of NFL kickers face weekly. What differs from her and 90% of NFL kickers is that they know that you don't overload your legs by practising to much. What she probably assumed is that if she kicked 1000+ balls she would be that 1000+ much better, instead of practising by kicking 20 balls per day at a steady rate with rest and simply adjusting form and approach each time. Kickers are just supposed to stay warm for the 6-10 times they do kickoffs, PATs, and FGs, that's it. If they overload their legs it stiffens up and you can't do shit. The strength to blast out kicks farther comes with time and different training, your max is pretty much set before hand with a wack of other things you can't control affecting it (weather, wind, the snap, bad approach, the place, etc). Her saying the ''Quad issue was from a week ago'' might be BS as it would of seriously jeopardized her kicks prior during prep, and she would of of halted her practice and been at her baseline after resting to let it heal up fully.

The thing is this is Kicking 101. I never have kicked a football in my life on that level but even I know this from talking to the kickers on my team during Special Teams practice back in the day. Practice for them was always a joke as they just loosely walked around and methodically kicked just paying attention more to details and small mechanics then the actual force in which they where performing their kicks. The last thing a Kicker whom is trying to make the pros does is blast out his legs prior to his combine, you can already kick...thus why you were invited. I can tell this broad did not listen to any of this crap from her coaches - and thus - got laughed out of the room, lesson learned. She showed why women can't compete at the same level as men, not because they may lack the skills, but simply because their minds are just not built to humble themselves to properly prepare and practice correctly. A kickers career is basically fine tuning and fixing his mistakes, you are never perfect but your time is spent fixing your weaknesses to make you that much better... women can't acknowledge their weaknesses like men, and they simply lack the ability to as honestly as we do. She took it upon herself to "I'm going to show them.... me..me..me..me" and shot her leg in the process and made a mockery of herself in the process.

What a loser... would still hit it though. [Image: thumb.gif]

If you seriously believe this chick was booting 60 yarders before showing up to the combine, then I've got some swampland in Manhattan to sell you. This was a publicity stunt, pure flim-flammery from the jump. She was out to get publicity for her business and to serve notice on one the few all-male domains left in society. I'd say her plan worked.

And, yes, I would bang.

Quote: (03-04-2013 11:51 AM)Menace Wrote:  

From the article:

Silberman, a New York City resident with a consulting firm devoted to helping athletes improve performance through video games (also the subject of her MIT thesis), drew snickers when her first attempt didn’t even cross the midfield stripe.

I wonder if I can become more swole through video games. What do you guys think?

I dunno. Isn't the official line that Al-Qaeda uses flight simulators to learn to be terrorists?

Don't stop at being swole. You could be swole AND a super spy

I'd put one clean through her uprights [Image: lol.gif]

But seriously, I'd bang one right down the middle.

remnds me of the curious case of Shannon Faulkner, who, about 18 years ago, cried and cried and cried and cried and cried all the way to the Supreme Court to be admitted into The Citadel, and when the academy had no choice but to let her in, she lasted LESS THAN A DAY.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/shannon-faulkn...id=9272864

Apparently, they don't screen the talent for these regional try-outs. Anyone that has the fee and beats the deadline for submitting gets in. It isn't until you make further along that they start screening out stiffs.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

FEMALE professional field goal kicker SLAMS Lauren Silberman.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/m.../13046989?

[Image: tumblr_kypwbfU03Z1qb1uywo1_500.gif]

This is a new form of attention whoring, Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better Syndrome (AYCDICDBS). They get the attention for their effort to break down barriers or whatever, until they actually have to perform. Then they fade away.

I want to 'double like' the above comment.

Quote: (03-04-2013 06:37 PM)GameTheory Wrote:  

FEMALE professional field goal kicker SLAMS Lauren Silberman.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/m.../13046989?

Hnida is just paranoid. Silberman didn't hurt anyone's chances to get into the NFL. The NFL doesn't care about gender. They don't need to. The qualifications stand on their own. In fact there's probably nothing they would love more on this earth than a female kicker who could legitimately compete.

1:32: "I'm hoping that through all of this virtual play that I've done that it will extend to performing well physically on the field."

[Image: otTESIx.gif]

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.