rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Successful / Unsuccessful People

Found this on one of those top ten lists. Not that anyone HERE needs it but I thought I'd put it up.

I have two 'friends' that are stuck in their lives. One thinks its my job to help him and calls me almost non-stop throughout the day with new money making schemes a sh1t. His personal life is a huge mess though, he can hardly hold down a job and his wife absolutely hates him, mostly because he spends their money taking trips to pursue his schemes which all ultimatetly fail in the end. She is quite poor here in China and he takes advantage of her kindness regardless, he bugs me all the time about trying to go to Canada and that I should help him. He is from the Ukraine. The last time I met up with him (only once a year), he complained non stop about the Chinese, how he hates his job (teaching) and how he wants to and has tried to kill himself. I hate people who constantly complain and never actually come up with REAL solutions. For some reason he seems to think I owe him help getting to Canada, I have no intention of helping this type of person. Also if you want to kill yourself, its really easy, jump off a building... I can't stand people who are ALWAYS ungreatful, especially for life.

My other friend is in Canada and while he knows the score and what is happening with feminist broads, he can't seem to make the jump.

If people can see the solution and I'm always here to help others do so, why can't they do some of it on their own... I mean, I'm not their keeper, I shouldn't have to hold someones hand every step of the way, they should be able to do this by themselves.

When do people change? Or do they?

I think it's funny that the successful one is a woman and the unsuccessful one is a man. Some of the most successful people I know are cutthroat assholes. These guys steal credit, oftentimes exude rage, and aggressively make their way into the world. They don't have "get your way in life through threats and intimidation" on there but it's how a lot of people work their way into the 1%.

I think I have every quality which is listed on the successful side with the exception of "forgives others." I am the most unforgiving person on the planet. I've read that being unforgiving shortens your life span and has a whole host of other negative consequences, but so be it. I think I was born that way.

Quote: (02-27-2013 08:27 PM)Hades Wrote:  

I think it's funny that the successful one is a woman and the unsuccessful one is a man.

Yeah, funny observation.

Nevertheless I think the picture is very spot on and I consider myself on the succesful side. I really don't understand how there can be people who share most of the qualities on the unsuccessful side? Well, maybe they'll have their chance on the next life.

is keeping a journal really that helpful?

Quote: (02-27-2013 08:27 PM)Hades Wrote:  

I think it's funny that the successful one is a woman and the unsuccessful one is a man. Some of the most successful people I know are cutthroat assholes. These guys steal credit, oftentimes exude rage, and aggressively make their way into the world. They don't have "get your way in life through threats and intimidation" on there but it's how a lot of people work their way into the 1%.
You can get away with that if you never have to work with people, especially lead them. For everything else, it causes problems at some point.

Quote: (02-27-2013 09:59 PM)GenJx Wrote:  

I think you can gain a benefit if you write down your moments of success or new insights in the book. If you feel down, read your glorious conquests.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Yeah funny you point that out... I didnt even notice that before.

I find that keeping a journal helps me tremendously, actually I have 5 or so completed so far. I write down goals, prices of things I'm interested in, Real estate stuff and Education. I prefer to read my own writing in the bathroom than a newspaper. [Image: smile.gif]

One of the most effective things you can do is keep a journal with goals and then refer back to what you wanted to accomplish six months or a year ago. See what you got done and what you couldn't. It'll really help you figure out your strengths and weaknesses. If it's written down you can't rewrite reality in your mind, which is what most people do.

It's been a very healthy hobby for myself. Re-reading my journal brings back a lot of memories that I might have otherwise forgotten, even if it's not necessarily something I wrote down. I'll read one paragraph about something, then I'll start thinking about other things that it reminds me of, that I didn't write down. Then there's shit I write in there that's philosophical, or obscure knowledge I wanted to make note of. Fun reading that stuff too.

During the warmer months this past year I kept a weekly log within my journal of what was happening in my vegetable garden. Can't wait for the weather to get warm so I can begin growing fresh tomatoes, peppers, etc. Reading my own writing about how delicious the first tomato I picked this past year has me hoping the warm weather comes fast so I can get to the nursery and buy seedlings.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

This seems like something designed for children - where the positive "good" person magically becomes successful. It is a version of the "nice guys finish first" lie.

Quote: (02-27-2013 10:28 PM)Ensam Wrote:  

One of the most effective things you can do is keep a journal with goals and then refer back to what you wanted to accomplish six months or a year ago. See what you got done and what you couldn't. It'll really help you figure out your strengths and weaknesses. If it's written down you can't rewrite reality in your mind, which is what most people do.

Yep, it also gives you something physical to measure against. Telling yourself that in 6 months you want to have accomplished a certain thing and not writing it down more often than not results in you not holding yourself to it, not taking it seriously, just plain forgetting about it or as you said altering reality.

Weekly/monthly updates about progression gives you a clearer idea about where you are and makes you feel better if you can see a physical improvement in terms of comparing what you've written down. In the case of game, my favourite bloggers Krauser and Roissy have come on leaps and bounds in the past few years and you can tell that by their writing. Imagine how they feel looking back.

I've only just started with a blog but if I look back at some messages I sent girls say 4/5 months ago to what I'm talking to girls about now or even my outlook on things and how I am/was as a person, the difference can really knock you back.

I'd say it's pretty helpful, yeah.

Quote: (02-27-2013 10:56 PM)Lemmo Wrote:  

This seems like something designed for children - where the positive "good" person magically becomes successful. It is a version of the "nice guys finish first" lie.

That crossed my mind too. It was as if the message was "look out for the herd and put others ahead of yourself, and you'll be rewarded". Ironic that they use a woman, as they are more in tune with the "herd mentality" than men. Although some of the points are solid.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

Plenty of assholes made it to the top. You think Donald Trump or Vince McMahon shows those "successful" traits.

The unsuccessful column is all the catty shit women do, so why are they showing a man in the fetal position?

Bullshit graph that nakedly tries to brand stereotyped, aggressive male traits as "unsuccessful" and more timid, female traits as "successful."

The silhouettes--where the man is the unsuccessful one--just confirms that intention.

[Image: bsflag.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

A couple of the items are a little absurd ("exude joy" FTL) but generally it seems pretty consistent with my own observations of people I know.

The most successful people I know have all the 'negative' traits from that list.

ONe of the major,fat backstabbing bitches I know has recently claimed a success, built on blaming others and backtalk. however, I believe such people in the long run lose (except weight in this case).

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

Quote: (02-27-2013 08:46 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I think I have every quality which is listed on the successful side with the exception of "forgives others." I am the most unforgiving person on the planet. I've read that being unforgiving shortens your life span and has a whole host of other negative consequences, but so be it. I think I was born that way.

Someone once said "Forgiving is not letting others off the hook, it's letting you off the hook." Holding onto your negativity will usually not harm them at all, but it will poison your thoughts. Not saying you should always turn the other cheek, but letting resentments fester for years is non-productive.

Keeping a journal helps me communicate with my future self

I usually take a day every 3-6months to write something to my future self/ me 6 months from that day.

I make sure I write about important stuff going on in my life and my goals at the moment , so if I forget or I am not where I wanted to be back then, I push harder.

It also helps me analyzed if I have grown over that period, bring back memories and such.

I don't think it is truly necessary to have a journal to be successful, but it is such a great tool that not using it would be a great loss to anyone.

boredom is evil

Quote: (02-28-2013 08:39 AM)Acute Angle Wrote:  

Quote: (02-27-2013 08:46 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Someone once said "Forgiving is not letting others off the hook, it's letting you off the hook." Holding onto your negativity will usually not harm them at all, but it will poison your thoughts. Not saying you should always turn the other cheek, but letting resentments fester for years is non-productive.

You really think so? In my experience, forgiving people tends to open you up for further abuse. Maybe I am just a cynic [Image: smile.gif]

"When in chaos, speak truth." - Jordan Peterson

Wait a minute, the unsuccessful guy makes a heart shape if you look closely.
The successful woman makes a knife shape.

Uh oh. I figured out the secret!

Nope.

Quote: (02-28-2013 10:27 AM)Rosca Wrote:  

Wait a minute, the unsuccessful guy makes a heart shape if you look closely.
The successful woman makes a knife shape.

Uh oh. I figured out the secret!

No no no silly! The secret is to be a hot chick and get everything for free! [Image: tard.gif]

"When in chaos, speak truth." - Jordan Peterson

Quote: (02-28-2013 12:41 AM)jammer Wrote:  

Plenty of assholes made it to the top. You think Donald Trump or Vince McMahon shows those "successful" traits.

Both Donald Trump and Vince McMahon inherited their respective companies(though McMahon built his in to something immense). If Trump hadn't pissed away what his father did, he'd be worth quite a bit more than he is now. You are right though, just not the best examples.