rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

American Bitches Neg Effectively

I know Roosh had a post from a while back about how American women use negs. I'm seeing negs more and more, and not just straight up insults either. I have wavy hair that goes to my shoulders. I've been hearing a variation of this relatively early in the interaction when I go out. "You have great hair. Do you wear curlers?"

That's an excellent neg. The question at the end forces a qualification and limits the compliment. Too bad a girl is using it. This is America in 2013. Most men are running compliment and cuddle (if not hope and pray), while the women are casually dropping negs.

I usually respond "Thanks. You jelly?" That response ignores the neg, and allows me to move on. But I think I could be saying something better. Have you had girls throwing negs your way?

Yes, I see this with the girls in DC. Just another example of American women wanting to be men.

Quote: (02-25-2013 07:47 PM)Bacchus Wrote:  

That's an excellent neg. The question at the end forces a qualification and limits the compliment. Too bad a girl is using it. This is America in 2013. Most men are running compliment and cuddle (if not hope and pray), while the women are casually dropping negs.

Like nearly everything else the average American girl knows nowadays, the only reason they know how to neg is because it was on TV.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Are you sure that's a neg? It sounds just like she's asking a conversational question especially since its about hair. Girls love talking about hair.Maybe you're overanalyzing?

Quote: (02-25-2013 09:21 PM)guerrilla Wrote:  

Are you sure that's a neg? It sounds just like she's asking a conversational question especially since its about hair. Girls love talking about hair.Maybe you're overanalyzing?

I'm sure. Do you think men normally wear curlers? Also, remember that Mystery's example of a neg was "Nice nails. Are they real?"

Another way to have that conversation without negging would be, "You have great hair. What's your secret?" or something like that.

For sure. I'm at the point where I'm surprised if a girl compliments me on something or has a normal conversation without trying to be "witty" and a smart ass. Just think of the forum when it happens and don't let them get under your skin. They usually stop it when I dish it back, they say I'm rude and I tell them to stop talking shit if they can't take it from me.

Listen to two girls talk, especially if they're 'good friends', and you'll hear non stop negging. All they do is cut each other down through veiled compliments.

"That dress looks cute on you" might sound innocent to a guy but it's a full on attack.

I agree and amplify. I get complimented on my skin/face sometimes and asked if I have a facial regimen.

I usually admit "yes", then ask them if they want tips to improve.

It's true some girls have heard of the neg concept but most haven't.

I think in most cases these girls are shit testing you.

The neg and the shit test can sound similar, but their purpose is very different. The neg is used by a man to deflate the over bloated ego of a hot girl. The shit test is used by a girl not to lower a man's value, but to test and determine the man's value. The girl wants to know whether you take her challenge seriously or not. If you do you fail, because you are showing that you are of equal or lesser status to her, and therefore not attractive.

You pass a shit test by not taking her seriously, thus demonstrating your superiority and attractiveness. The two methods are Agree and Amplify or Ignore. Try both and see which works best for your style and the type of girl.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

So she opened you, did she run any attraction game? Little Kino?
Did she assume the close?
How was her body language?

WIA

@MrXY: Nice old-school game review. [Image: biggrin.gif]

[Image: attachment.jpg10196]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

American women have this deluded notion that being bitchy and sassy somehow makes them more "cool" or attractive (dunno who told them that). So if they're negging you, it's probably just an extension of that.

It's not just an American thing, I've been seeing this increasingly in Australia too.

Quote: (02-26-2013 08:50 PM)Vitriol Wrote:  

American women have this deluded notion that being bitchy and sassy somehow makes them more "cool" or attractive (dunno who told them that). So if they're negging you, it's probably just an extension of that.

American girls love being 'weird', 'random' and 'zany'.

RVF Fearless Coindogger Crew

Quote: (02-27-2013 05:45 AM)thebassist Wrote:  

And I've met 0 that actually are weird, random or unique like they all think they are.

Quote: (02-27-2013 06:01 AM)houston Wrote:  

Quote: (02-27-2013 05:45 AM)thebassist Wrote:  

And I've met 0 that actually are weird, random or unique like they all think they are.

Sometime in the 2000's it became common for girls to brag about being total "dorks", "geeks", and "nerds" when in fact they are usually not nearly interesting or intelligent enough to earn these titles.

Also known as shit test.