rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Worst Jobs

Worst Jobs

What are some of the worst jobs you ever had?

Worst Jobs

Quote: (02-25-2013 04:53 AM)houston Wrote:  

What are some of the worst jobs you ever had?

They are nowhere near as bad as the sewer diver in India, but selling newspaper subscriptions by phone. I worked a month and never sold one.

Picking honeydew in the 115-degree California desert heat.

Worst Jobs

Probably roofing.

I was pasty white from years of school and my first roofing job basically raped my skin.

Worst Jobs

Chemical recycling plant.. Did some fucked up shit there. Splashed solvent in my eye once.. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes blind at some point. That job definitely took a couple years off my clock lol

That was probably the worst conditions, it was fun otherwise I just fucked around.. Chopped my finger tip off and ended up quitting after I got money out of them. The hospital sewed it back on so whatever it's a cool story lol.. Other then that the shittiest job I've had was unloading tractor trailers filled with cast iron furniture, appliances, electronics and other random stuff. I ended up making friends with the supervisor and getting assigned all the easy trucks after slugging it out for a couple weeks.

Dish washing was my first job.. That's not terrible depending on how busy the place is and what the hours are. I had a lot of 2am closes and I wouldn't get home til 330-4 sometimes. That didn't last too long

I'm kinda a jack of all trades.. I'm 20 years old and I've had 21 jobs that I can recall. I have a hard time settling for shit jobs, I kept dropping jobs every couple months until I got into construction and started getting paid some decent coin. That being said I give every job 100% and always try to leave on good terms

Conceived to beat all odds like Las Vegas

Worst Jobs

Digging a ditch with a spade underneath an old house.

The space was so small that beams were scratching my back and I drug along a small trough that I filled with dirt - another guy would pull it out by a rope attached to it, and then I'd pull it back to fill again.

I was wearing a dust mask and goggles but it made little difference, as I coughed up dust for a while after. One of my college roommates came for a day but couldn't hack it. Honestly, even though it was shit I kind of had fun.

It was an adventure.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Worst Jobs

Door to door salesman

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

Worst Jobs

Surveyor. The job was easy. Dealing with office politics drove me up the fucking wall and had me hating life though.

Ever have a boss ask you for your grandfather's obituary, days after the funeral to prove that is why you weren't at work?

Quitting that job was one of the happiest days of my life.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

Worst Jobs

Any job that had to do with production/manufacturing. It takes a special breed to go into work doing the exact same shit for 30 years. I couldn't handle it, and felt like a caged hamster.

Worst Jobs

Telesales, cold calling, I wasnt socially up for that shit at the age of 16.
Labourer, did this for 2 summers, hard graft on a construction site, I was a scrawny kid of 18/19 and lifting shit that I could not lift.
Finally, data centre engineer at an aussie investment bank, could not handle the office politics then, I had two managers for some reason, who hated each other and it was hard graft just trying to keep both on my side, despite them using me a political pawn. fuck that shit, now I manage my manager.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Worst Jobs

I moved stuff from warehouse to warehouse and then to the shop. I was a human conveyor belt working 9 hours per day. I got paid 62000 pesos a week. That's 120 USD a month.

Worst Jobs

Roofing- Temp was 110+ on the roof and we were moving non-stop for 6-7 hours. I could feel the burn in my forearms weeks after ending the job.

Groundskeeping- I had to pick up after other people and empty cigarette-butt containers in addition to landscaping and shoveling snow. I have never littered again after taking that job.

Bussing tables/Food Running- I was low-man on the totem pole and took shit from guests, mangers, hostesses, and waiters. I also had to deal with waiters humblebragging about only making 3x as much cash as me on a shift. Running food was pretty crazy, there was always a non-stop 3 hour period where I would be running trays 60-70 yards a pop.

Good thing about my shit jobs is that I didn't try to derive any sense of identity from what I did professionally. Now that I work in an office, I have noticed that many of my coworkers tie a lot of their self-esteem to their jobs and I am trying to avoid that trap.

Worst Jobs

McDonald's Grill Cook

Telemarketing for bullshit police charities. There are people who cursed me out so bad I still remember their names and addresses, in case I eventually decide to murder them.

Construction laborer, which meant painting pipes high up in a warehouse-sized room on a rickety ladder which itself was on two levels of rickety scaffolding. I was right under a huge exhaust fan that sucked up all the fumes from the site which I'm sure caused permanent brain damage.

Warehouse labor for a company that sold Unicorn and Jesus shaped candles in a Tupperware Party style scheme. It was third shift, 9pm-dawn; working with colorful characters who would occasionally try to kill each other. You'd open a crate of unicorn shaped strawberry scented candles from Asia and giant snakes and insects would jump out. If you forgot to put the correct label on orders going to certain Canadian provinces, the guy down the line would get super pissed, and he'd done 25 years for murder.

Night janitor in an office building; my high strung manager would inspect the toilets with a dentist's mirror to ensure we had removed every scrap of excrement.

Cashier at a drug store in a neighborhood filled with elderly Russians. Many epic and vitriol-laden price disputes on cases of prune juice, enemas, etc. Front row seat to the indignities of slow death.

Producer's assistant in Hollywood. Basically Swimming With Sharks.

All work basically sucks. I've had shit jobs and I've had "cool" jobs and the work didn't matter as much as the people you did it with. If there were funny dudes or hot pussy working my shift, flipping burgers or hauling candles wasn't so bad. But if you're working on cool movies with your personal heroes and you're surrounded by assholes, you go home miserable every day.

delicioustacos.com

Worst Jobs

call center. I hated getting any more phonecalls after work, even from close friends.

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

Worst Jobs

I used to wash dishes in a nursing home. Probably my worst dirty kinda job. I did bang one of the waitresses though.

I pumped gas for a year. NJ is all full service. The job is busy as hell and fun in the nice weather. I had people drive in and smoke me up sometimes. I used to bang strippers in the small kiosk on the midnight shift. Sucks balls in the winter time though.

Team Nachos

Worst Jobs

stocking inventory in a garment factory

not that bad really, but the dust was enough to make my boogers black

Worst Jobs

Quote: (02-25-2013 05:29 AM)Tengen Wrote:  

Door to door salesman

I did that for 10 months when I was 19. From April to September it was boss but after that it was fucking horrible.

Anyone seen the movie Boiler Room? I did a job not too dissimilar to that in Dubai for just under a year when I was 20. It was basically cold calling expats and setting them up for meetings with these "brokers" (who had no financial backgrounds or licenses).

Both jobs were all commission and no basic salary.

Worst Jobs

Recycling plant. Lasted two days. I could see how I can easily be injured and quit while ahead.

Worst Jobs

Easily either construction or customer service. take your pick they both suck. work 24/7 and never see a woman or get yelled at all day by dumb people. glad those days are well behind me.

Worst Jobs

Quote: (02-25-2013 09:28 PM)Mikael Wrote:  

Easily either construction or customer service. take your pick they both suck. work 24/7 and never see a woman or get yelled at all day by dumb people. glad those days are well behind me.
I always thought that one of the perks of construction was the fact that there were no women around on the job site. No women drastically reduces the amount bullshit you have to deal with while at work. Call someone a faggot or have a lunchtime chat with coworkers about the quickest way to get anal sex from a girl and no will complain and report you to HR. HR will not force you to go to "diversity training."

The lower you are on the totem pole, the better shape you will get in. I laugh when I see guys talking about going to the gym and saying you shouldn't expect to see results for 6-12 months. Go work as a laborer and mentally prepare yourself to keep pace with your central American coworkers and you'll see a noticeable change in a month. In 2 months time, you'll think you can beat the fuck out of anyone. You'll carry yourself like what Roissy would call a "conquering warlord." Women will pick up on this vibe and they universally respond in a positive manner.

I will concur that the one thing that really sucks about most blue collar jobs is dealing with bosses who are only the boss because they stuck around long enough.

Worst Jobs

[Image: RGIS_Logo.jpg]

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Worst Jobs

Did a masonry job for three weeks when I was fifteen to make some extra cash for my highschool trip abroad.

I was a wiry 145 lb shit at 6 foot 1 with long ass hair. If I didn't inherit a good set of hands from my father, I probably would have torn and broken my hands to pieces. I also had to work with my family, which was shitty enough as it was because my mother at the time was a hysterical pain in the ass. I don't blame her for some of her attitude because, not four years previously, she was packing my lunches and occasionally listening to the principal talk about what a troublemaking little shit I was. Since then, I've learned to work only with my dad when it comes to manual labor because I really don't mind lugging around heavy shit all day, and for whatever reason, it isn't a problem until she shows up.

The guy we were working through who was supposed to pay at the end of the job skipped town. From that day onward I get everything in writing and I generally refuse to work with my family whenever money is concerned. It was a valuable lesson, and at the risk of sounding like an internet tough guy or a limp dick who's so mad, I'd still put that asshole in the hospital if I ever found him.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Worst Jobs

Quote: (02-26-2013 02:43 AM)porscheguy Wrote:  

I always thought that one of the perks of construction was the fact that there were no women around on the job site. No women drastically reduces the amount bullshit you have to deal with while at work. Call someone a faggot or have a lunchtime chat with coworkers about the quickest way to get anal sex from a girl and no will complain and report you to HR. HR will not force you to go to "diversity training."

The lower you are on the totem pole, the better shape you will get in. I laugh when I see guys talking about going to the gym and saying you shouldn't expect to see results for 6-12 months. Go work as a laborer and mentally prepare yourself to keep pace with your central American coworkers and you'll see a noticeable change in a month. In 2 months time, you'll think you can beat the fuck out of anyone. You'll carry yourself like what Roissy would call a "conquering warlord." Women will pick up on this vibe and they universally respond in a positive manner.

I will concur that the one thing that really sucks about most blue collar jobs is dealing with bosses who are only the boss because they stuck around long enough.

Amen.. I love construction. I would rather bust my ass all day then slack off.. Time flies when you're just givin er. My dad wasn't around too much when I was younger so I always kinda look up to the older guys I work with, definitely brought the alpha traits out of me. Got screamed at a few times for sitting around, doing things the wrong way and other little shit when I first started.. Nothing like I'd ever experienced at any other job. At first I was like shit this mother fuckers an asshole. But... The lessons were direct and to the point and I learned fast as a result. The more alpha you are the better the job is.. If you're not assertive and a self starter then you're going to get told what to do and you best believe it is the shittiest job your supervisor can come up with.

Conceived to beat all odds like Las Vegas

Worst Jobs

I had experience operating heavy equipment so I tried bullshitting my way into a job at a recycling plant running an excavator. This big fat guy gave me a tryout, told me to hop in the machine, drive it up a huge pile of rubble and start loading stuff onto the conveyor belt into the machine that crushes it all.

Up to that point my experience in an excavator was digging trenches on fairly level ground which was no problem, this was completely different. I was scared shitless trying to run the machine up this pile of rubble, the whole thing tilted at a crazy angle that felt like I was going to tip over. Somehow I got to the top and dug a couple buckets but they were only like half full, I couldn't figure out the right angle to dig in. Maybe if I'd seen someone else doing it I would have been able to copy them but it was obvious I didn't know what the fuck I was doing.

The guy sent this little kid to come tell me to stop, he was too fat to leave the office trailer. I basically got fired by a 10 year old, haha! The boss wasn't a real dick about it, even though he could have been. He told me he might hire me in a couple months to run a loader for him which was the job I thought I was applying for and one I actually had enough experience to actually do and I admitted that to him.

So I lasted about five minutes before I got fired. It was pretty embarrassing.

Worst Jobs

Quote: (02-26-2013 02:43 AM)porscheguy Wrote:  

Bingo. The shit guys talk about you will never hear in Cubeville.

Quote:Quote:

Yep. You end up with "The Walk" and broads pick up on it immediately.

I remember years ago when I was about 18 I went to work for a shortline railroad over the summer on what is called a section gang. We went out and fixed the tracks and did it all by hand. Dragging 200 lb railroad ties around, tamping track with shovels, spiking the old school way with spike hammers.

I got tan and fairly ripped in a couple months and had the swagger.

Ran into a broad that I had the hots for that hadn't seen me in those two months. She couldn't keep her hands off me. Hell, her nips were pinging.

Two months earlier I couldn't get in her pants for anything.

Worst Jobs

I've worked in a garage most my life but have helped my father in his business when the cash was right and had to do some fucked up shit. He did industrial heat treating and giant valves like for NYC water. The kind of valves that are as big as a house and the kind of furnaces that are as big as ten houses.

So one day he asks me to go to staten island to put in some valves @500 a day. I'm thinking hell yea so hop in the car with him at 3:30 am which would be normal if you work in NYC early in and out or hours in traffic.

We get there and it's a sewage treatment plant and the valves are as big as a full size van. Fuck! Did you guys know there's stairs inside sewage treatment tanks and they go underground a few stories? I didn't until that day. Then he gives me an electro magnetic drill press which I have to carry to the bottom of this thing and hook 220 up to so the magnet will stick to the wall so I can drill and tap about 100 holes to bolt this valve in. It took days. The bolts were like something you'd see in a cartoon and weighed about 75 pounds each which you had to carry up and down those stairs all day long..

I have hundreds of these stories