rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Having a game journal

Having a game journal

I have read in numerous different places that keeping a written record of approaches is a great tool for improving your game.

For the people who have maintained a regular game journal have you seen the benefits?

Can you breakdown in what ways it has helped and any suggestions for the best ways to document the approach and for working out your sticking points.

Thanks

Having a game journal

Related, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvJCuHmRVMQ

Having a game journal

Quote: (02-24-2013 10:40 PM)Irishman Wrote:  

I have read in numerous different places that keeping a written record of approaches is a great tool for improving your game.

For the people who have maintained a regular game journal have you seen the benefits?

Can you breakdown in what ways it has helped and any suggestions for the best ways to document the approach and for working out your sticking points.

Thanks

I used to when I first got in the game.

Going back and reading them kinda makes me cringe a bit, but it allowed me to put the pieces together of where I was failing and getting stuck with chicks that wanted relationships.

Your Mileage May Vary though.

WIA

Having a game journal

I started it some time ago and it's really good to start detecting and improving patterns.
It's also a great motivator because you wanna fill it up with experience as soon as you start.
It gets the real stuff there for you to see, not your idealised version of reality.

Edit: I use it for my professional life too.

Having a game journal

Thinking of doing this on evernote but it intermixes on my daily note files. wish i could "cloak" files or something.

Having a game journal

If you're doing few enough approaches that it's possible to keep a journal, you're not doing enough.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Having a game journal

I think more of a summary/reflection of what did and didn't work for you personally would be a good point of reference though.

Having a game journal

I have done it and found it very helpful.

It's best when you're a beginner or when you reach a sticking point in your skills and are having trouble moving to the next level

It doesn't take long before you begin to see patterns-what you're doing right and wrong, what techniques are congruent with you and which aren't, which situations you tend to succeed in and which you don't.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Having a game journal

Thanks for the responses. I am going to keep one for the next few months and post up if I see any improvement directly related to keeping a journal. I imagine I will.

Having a game journal

Someone with an effective journaling technique should do a data sheet. I recall Roosh said for every hour of game, you should spend 15 minutes on reflection. I think I do a shitty job of self-analysis though. Simply writing your thoughts generates insight but I'm sure there are ways to improve. Or watch film an get an espn-style break down.

Having a game journal

Anything that helps you track your progress is a good thing from my perspective.

Having a game journal

The only issue i see with this is a girl whether it be a random or your main girl/ltr finding it. I'm leaning on the physical book that is extremely well hidden.
Bitches are hella sneaky with computers and phones. Too easy to slip up and forget to log out of your stuff or delete your history.

I knew a girl a few years ago that put a key stroke logger on her boyfriends laptop to get his account info...
crazy bitches...

Having a game journal

I say keep a diary / journal / whatever you want to call it. Period. It's not a game thing, it's a life thing. If you approach, game will be in there. Do you have to write down what happened in every single approach? No. Write about the cool chicks you met. Write about the worst blowouts, memorable sets that didn't work out, and write about non-game stuff you're thinking about.

I think it's great to look back one year in time and realize that the problems you were worrying about a year ago seem like not a thang today.