rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Russian meteor fireball with multiple videos

Thanks to so many Russians driving around with dash-cam videos, there's multiple videos on youtube now of today's meteor, its fireball, and the sonic boom afterwards that injured 950 people from glass windows shattering.

It's currently unknown if this is a wandering fragment of 2012 DA14 (today's close flyby) or an entirely different meteor.

Compilation site of other videos

Allegedly at least one of the fragment's terminus is this ice lake.
There's also some reports that the flare is Russia's missile shield system responding, but these don't appear to be credible when seen in video.

[Image: article-2279020-179A73B9000005DC-504_634x473.jpg]

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

I saw this on the news this morning. It's supposedly unrelated to the asteroid that's going to bypass us. This is like something out of a Hollywood disaster movie, for a meteor to land in a populated area. I'm so glad it didn't do more damage than it did.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

One thing's for sure, in russia, every vehicle has a video camera.

I like how in some videos it seems like some people are unfazed, I love dashcam videos from Russia.

Like Tunguska 1918 (?). Same type of thing obliterated forests and village in Siberia. The Russian government was preoccupied with the communist revolution and didn't get around to checking out what happened until 20 years later in the late 1930's.

This one captured the sonic boom afterwards.

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

Quote: (02-15-2013 12:17 PM)painter Wrote:  

Like Tunguska 1918 (?). Same type of thing obliterated forests and village in Siberia. The Russian government was preoccupied with the communist revolution and didn't get around to checking out what happened until 20 years later in the late 1930's.

The Tunguska event actually occurred in summer 1908.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Why so many dash-cams in Russia?

Quote: (02-15-2013 01:58 PM)Mikev75 Wrote:  

You wouldn't believe some of the shit that goes down on Russian roads. I'd keep one too if shit was like that here

Quote: (02-15-2013 02:10 PM)Architekt Wrote:  

You wouldn't believe some of the shit that goes down on Russian roads. I'd keep one too if shit was like that here

For evidence of fault in an accident, insurance fraud and police corruption.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

I ask myself the same question. Apparently is something pretty common and normal over there.

Why isn't there any sound after the impact on these videos? You can clearly see the meteor approaching land at a very fast rate, yet in these videos there is no sign of any impact at all.

Edit: Nevermind, checked the other videos. AMAZING!

Damn, that's fucking beautiful.

I can't imagine what's going through their heads though. Can you imagine something like this happening during the Cold War?

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Speaking of missing out...

For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
In 1978, Soviet geologists prospecting in the wilds of Siberia discovered a family of six, lost in the taiga

That is scary! Gotta admire the stoic reaction of those Ruskies who are not fazed by anything, not even meteorites! Alphest of the Alpha!

Quote: (02-15-2013 03:38 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Why isn't there any sound after the impact on these videos?

It's like lightening: Add one mile for every five seconds between the flash and when you hear the thunder.

Just seeing it from 50 miles away would take over 4 minutes between seeing it and when the sonic boom reached you. Some of these people saw the meteor entry from quite a distance away.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Quote: (02-15-2013 01:20 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

Thanks MSW, I was pretty sure my date was off. One thing I read said that if the 1908 event was a few hours later it would have destroyed Moscow and some other cities. Because so much of the Earth is covered by water these things happen more often than we even know about.

Look at certain features of the planet, like the Gulf of Mexico, how did that get there? It's so nice and round, like something big crashed there. Big meteorite impacts cause mass extinctions, global ice ages, and magnetic shifts. If you're the paranoid type I believe there's a comet coming later this year that's supposed to be epic. Now depending how that travels and where it warms up and breaks apart along the way, who knows what may come straight at us. To give you an idea of what a comet actually is, picture Mount Everest hurtling through space at 30,000 miles per hour or more.

I remember Hale-Bopp in 1997 and that was amazing, they say this one will be closer and brighter, possibly visible during the day. Now if this thing were going to hit, do you think the government would risk global panic and tell us, or would they have us keep slaving away unaware that we're totally doomed?

I'm just curious to know how the sonic boom took place as if the meteors terminal velocity is faster than the speed of sound. I understand that it takes place during its entry to the atmosphere, but because from some of the videos show the meteors at such low altitude when the sonic boom happened its weird. I find it hard to believe that the meteor was that close behind the speed of sound in velocity, that the shock wave was the one that originated during atmospheric entry. Especially since the shock wave made to ground level, before the meteors by such a small interval.... hummm...Maybe we can start a new conspiracy. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Well what ever, I'm not a physicist
Just wondering...

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."

Quote: (02-15-2013 05:25 PM)painter Wrote:  

Quote: (02-15-2013 01:20 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

Thanks MSW, I was pretty sure my date was off. One thing I read said that if the 1908 event was a few hours later it would have destroyed Moscow and some other cities. Because so much of the Earth is covered by water these things happen more often than we even know about.

Look at certain features of the planet, like the Gulf of Mexico, how did that get there? It's so nice and round, like something big crashed there. Big meteorite impacts cause mass extinctions, global ice ages, and magnetic shifts. If you're the paranoid type I believe there's a comet coming later this year that's supposed to be epic. Now depending how that travels and where it warms up and breaks apart along the way, who knows what may come straight at us. To give you an idea of what a comet actually is, picture Mount Everest hurtling through space at 30,000 miles per hour or more.

I remember Hale-Bopp in 1997 and that was amazing, they say this one will be closer and brighter, possibly visible during the day. Now if this thing were going to hit, do you think the government would risk global panic and tell us, or would they have us keep slaving away unaware that we're totally doomed?

I've thought about this more than once. If there's a meteor or comet that's going to destroy the fucking planet, 99.9% of the population will never know until the fucking thing is hurtling through the atmosphere.

Ah well. If something so catastrophic is on its way, I don't want to know.

That said, you were correct about the Russians taking their time to investigate the Tunguska event. Shit happened in 1908 but the first official expedition to investigate didn't occur until 1921.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Quote: (02-15-2013 04:48 PM)Sombro Wrote:  

For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
In 1978, Soviet geologists prospecting in the wilds of Siberia discovered a family of six, lost in the taiga

Incredible story. Hope everyone reads this.

Sombro, Menace, that was an incredible story. I have to think there's more like them out there in Russia, South America, probably some islands somewhere. Those conditions are so harsh too, guarding a single rye seed all the way through harvest and rebuilding their crop from the 18 seeds it grew, fascinating! It just goes to show the type of survival mechanism humans are born with.

Compare that to people pissed off when their cable goes out or their internet goes down. Much less what happens when the power goes out, that's the height of terror in the modern world! That's why I like to get out into the woods every once in a while and spend a few nights solo in the middle of nowhere, just to keep things on an elemental level.

Here's a great book about a comet hitting Earth and destroying civilization and what the survivors face. This was fascinating to me when I was a kid and it could be used as a How To guide for rebuilding civilization:

http://www.amazon.com/Lucifers-Hammer-La...0449208133

The story combines true science and real adventure. We've only grown softer since this came out, I highly recommend this book, especially after this meteor crashed.

In a survival situation feminism goes right out the fucking window and they discuss it in the book.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space...ornia.html

More fireballs spotted in California and Cuba after the giant one that exploded over Russia. So the governments and scientists spotted an asteroid well in advance and knew it was passing within 17,000 miles of Earth which they monitored on Friday but they didn't see all the smaller ones that came with it?

Or they saw them and didn't report them to the public. The first stories that came out after the Friday morning explosion in Russia were that the Russian military successfully shot down the meteor with their missile defense system. That story quickly disappeared.

Whatever just happened I think they knew it was coming and didn't make it public knowledge so they could test some stuff out. They also didn't want to create worldwide panic that there would be some football field sized meteors possibly making landfall.

So was the metorite that hit Russia a part which broke off the asteroid which missed the Earth? Or was it a smaller object travelling along with the asteroid (but which entered the earth's atmosphere due to a slightly different projection)?

Or were the two completely unrelated? In which case it seems a very unusual coincidence.

And if the scientists thought that something big (but not as big as the asteroid being tracked) might hit the earth - did they keep quiet about it?

Unrelated cosmic events. The reason for non-detection I heard was that it is difficult to get visual contact in daylight. Sounds kind of dumb. You can bet military all over world is discussing the failure to detect, because it could have been a missile.

Okay, I found this:

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/f...flyby.html

"According to NASA scientists, the trajectory of the Russia meteor was significantly different than the trajectory of the asteroid 2012 DA14, making it a completely unrelated object. Information is still being collected about the Russia meteor and analysis is preliminary at this point. In videos of the meteor, it is seen to pass from left to right in front of the rising sun, which means it was traveling from north to south. Asteroid DA14's trajectory is in the opposite direction, from south to north."

I'm sure there's a certain point at which something is too small to see out in space and that it's coming at us unless an astronomer, professional or amateur (and it's usually an amateur), gets lucky. But the one they knew was coming was 150' in diameter and the one that went over Russia was about 50' in diameter. Not sure how big the objects over California and Cuba were.

I don't think it's even a question that if something is headed at us they aren't going to say shit about it and in fact they'll try to blow it up to at least test the technology. That way it falls under a military project which is another reason to keep it secret in addition to keeping worldwide panic to a minimum.

It is a huge coincidence that these both happened on the same day. So huge that it's hard to believe.

Edit: From the same website:

Q: What would happen if DA14 were to impact Earth?
A: Asteroid 2012 DA14 will not impact Earth, but if another asteroid of a size similar to that of 2012 DA14 (about 150 feet across) were to impact Earth, it would release approximately 2.5 megatons of energy in the atmosphere and would be expected to cause regional devastation.

A comparison to the impact potential of an asteroid the size of 2012 DA14 could be made to the impact of a near-Earth object that occurred in 1908 in Tunguska, Siberia. Known in the asteroid community as the "Tunguska Event," this impact of an asteroid just slightly smaller than 2012 DA14 (approximately 100 – 130 feet/30-40 meters across) is believed to have flattened about 825 square miles (2200 square kilometers) of forest in and around the Podkamennaya Tunguska River in what is now Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia.

So something about twice size of the Russian asteroid moving at 17,500 MPH (about half the speed of a comet) has the ability to flatten 825 square miles if it hits land. A comet traveling at twice that speed impacting would do many times more damage.

Quote: (02-15-2013 04:48 PM)Sombro Wrote:  

Conspiracy theorists still believe that was Tesla's doing. Kosko in 3...2...1...