rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cuba

Armchair Theoretician just posted some excellent info about Cuba as a comment on one of Roosh's blog entrys. I thought everybody needed to see it, so maybe they could even write a bit about their own experience from what sounds like a pretty cool place.

Has anybody succesfully been 'shoring' on Cuba?

Is there no way to get around the 'tourist currency'?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cuba:
Well, first of all, research a lot on travel forums before you go there and keep in mind that Cuba is a completely unstable destination. The club that is hot today can be closed tomorrow. The city where the police didn’t care about gringos hanging out with girls yesterday might be crawling with enforcers today. The place you booked might be unavailable as you arrive and so on.

Technically, as a foreigner you are not even allowed to hang out with cubans for whatever reason but nobody really cares unless you are a fat old sex tourist. And even they are usually left alone. You will never get into trouble but the girl might.

Stay away from hotels. They are expensive and you would need to bribe the guards to get your girl in as it is illegal. Stay in a so called Casa Particular (family owned Bed & Breakfast). Most casas now allow only one gf per stay so ask around or try an arrangement with the owner. Or bang your multiple girls elsewhere.

Cuba is dirt poor, people make only $20 per month officially. So semi-pro p4p is very big. If you want super easy bangs just wing around with your casa owner and have him ask any random chick you like for some p4p action. Yes, it’s that simple. They will more often than not agree, more so if you’re young and good looking. Now I never did p4p in Cuba but even regular gf’s you will have to invite, pay dinner as everybody is poor. There is no real middle or upper class, except for the politburo. Havana is cool for a few days but expensive and the Habaneros will always try to cheat and scam you. The countryside is more laid back, cheaper and friendlier. But you need good spanish for best results.

Nitelife can be hit or miss. Clubs in Havana are usually full of hardcore hookers and some of them are unbelievably hot. You can try to bed them without paying but it should be a nuisance. A hooker is still a hooker, all over the world. Better stay with the regular good girls. It’s best to make cuban friends and go to private parties. If you’re a good looking gringo with at least some decent game girls will be all over you and you should have the time of your life. They love to dance and party and fuck.

But Cuba is a land of surprises where nothing actually works out the way you planned before. Just stay cool and adapt. Expect the unexpected.

There is a special hard currency for tourists and imported goods pegged to the dollar, the Peso Convertible. Expect to pay minimum $25 for lodging and at least another $30 per day for food, travel, activities. The big downside is that you pay relatively high prices for lower quality as you would get elsewhere. From what I heard, Cuba was a complete fuckfest in the 90’s. A real sex heaven, but things have changed. Sex tourism and police crackdowns spoiled things a bit. It’s still a place for lots and lots of fun though.

If you’re a US citizen make sure your DHS gestapo doesn’t find out you went there.

As for mulatas, good alternatives are Colombia, Brazil and the Dominican Republic. The DR is basically a capitalist carbon copy of Cuba, though cubanas are much more educated and less spoiled and more sultry.

Cuba can be fun if you know its special rules, if not it can be a headache. If you just want fun, sun and tropical beaches go elsewhere.

Cuba

haven't been myself but friend of mine went couple of years ago and said it's crap. he only managed to hook up with another tourist. he said that the authorities are determined to have as little interaction between locals and tourists as possible. then again my friend doesn't speak any spanish so that couldn't have helped.

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

Cuba

I've had mates who went here - they told me it was excellent!!!
Sex central

Cuba

Ok, so i list two sites at the bottom. The first has extensive information on what a traveler should know (most importantly read he ENTIRE travel section). The second lists casa particulares (homestays) where one can stay. I directly copied and pasted Sara's house so you could also try to contact her that way. The site will take you through a third party translator, or if you wait, you can talk to Sara directly in Spanish once Sam gets back to me. Rooms with her or anyone average $25 U.S. a night per room (it doesn't matter how many people stay in the room -price is $25 fixed per room).

My tips: Bring cash (euros not u.s. dollars!) or a foreign credit/debit card. Going through cancun is best, and you can't buy your tickets until you arrive in cancun, at which point you'll have to pay cash. The flight there and back (from cancun to havana) is about $350 U.S. roundtrip to cancun from the chi is about $350 also, depending on when you travel.

Best time to go to cuba is last week of july/first week of august because that's when havana has carnaval and it gets crazy/people get possessed. It's also low tourist time, so prices are lower and you can really get a cultural experience. Sara and her husband are very useful and can set you up with music/dance lessons, prepare meals for you, set up spanish classes, you name it.

Cuba is fun, but you must be sharp. People are poor and will scam you if you look like an idiot (just because it's cheaper than the u.s. doesn't mean it's the best deal--for example, a full meal costing $7 might sound cheap, but in reality you can get that meal for less than a $1). Cubans know this and they lower the price just enough for you to like it, but high enough for them to make sore serious dough, and why blame them?--they need it!

girls will come up to you (if you're a guy) and vice versa (well this part is true anywhere), but stay alert--Cuba has serious fines for engaging in illegal sexual activities. Check out that first site below for all the details.

You should definitely check out all the old museums, parks, automobiles, live concerts, dance events, art/movie exhibits. It's literally like going back in time, and there is a lot, i mean A LOT of culture here. Beaches are good, but there are better things to see. and also, almost everything i just mentioned above is free or only a few cents due to government subsidies--the country is poor and the people are poor, but they are educated and they are cultured.

http://www.cubajunky.com/

http://www.casaparticularcuba.org/viewpr...=0&PopUp=0

Rob

Cuba

thanks loosewin, will def check it out

can anyone comment on the looks/hotness of girls, e.g. compared to brazilians? are most cuban girls dark/black?

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

Cuba

What happens if the U.S government somehow found out you went there?

Cuba

sounds like it is alot of pain in trying to hookup with cuban chicks from the high prices, to the crackdown on interaction between gringos and cubanas, to just getting there.

Cuba

A Quick Stop in Old Cuba http://travel.nytimes.com/2010/05/16/tra...ref=travel

Cuba

I have been to Cuba a dozen times. There are issues that haven't been addressed. Yes, you can get laid by beautiful women all the time if your into P4P. The women are everything their. White, black, mulatta you name it. But the non-hookers will be relunctant to come back with you to a casa particular. The reason being is that they have to show their Carnet (identification) The Casa particular owner then takes it down and sends it along with his receipts to the authorities. While that may not sound like a big deal the problem is if these girls are seen with multiple foreigners they're arrested and put into reassignment camps. (Similar to prison) Girls who have been their tend to have very rough hands. Like noticeable enough that you would clearly feel it when holding hands. As a result many normal girls aren't willing to go to any sort of hotel with a tourist unless they view it as potential for marriage cause the costs for them are so high. Now, to get around this some girls will be willing to take you to illegal casa particulars. First i'll describe a normal casa particular. A normal casa particular is a cubans house and they live their but rent you a room. They also pay a significant amount of money to the government in order to have these. $125 - 500 per month. An unlicensed casa particular is simply a cubans home that doesnt have a license. The issue arises though if the authorities catch them renting out to tourists. To my knowledge you (the foreigner) can be fined as well. The owners are fined approximately $1500 (Cubans make 15-25 bucks a month...do the wages) and the girl your with could be taken in for questioning which could lead to her being sent to a reassignment camp. It could also lead to significant fines against her. The other issues are that when your with a cuban girl often they will be afraid of being seen in public with you in any sort of intimate situation. This includes holding hands and dancing. They are under the believe that cops are everywhere including night clubs! Add to that, that illegal casa particulars will make you leave at day break most likely... we are talking 6-7 in the morning and it can just be a huge hassle. The women are beautiful I don't deny that and I have personally hooked up with my share their from white to black from average to model. But at the same time there are far better places to travel.

Cuba

Thanks lavidaloca,

Thats a Data Sheet!

Cuba

"Is there no way to get around the 'tourist currency'? "

Yup. Go to a bank and change your hard currency for soft pesos.

I did that and they looked at me like I was crazy but then I used the money to buy street pizza (cooked out of an old oil drum) and came across a Cuban impromptu street party (I was the only non cuban there) where they were serving beer from a tanker off the back of a truck.

Paid for both in soft pesos. Total cost for beer and a pizza came to about 30 cents.

Both were disgusting however. But it was a fun experiment in living how the locals live.

Cuba

Lumiere,

How was your experience with the girls?

Cuba

Could not really speak Spanish at the time (I am fluent now) so fairly limited

Like most poor countries there is a lot of soft p4p so shoring is definitely an option if you speak spanish

A lot of girls who are not p4p will show immediate interest in you as a foreigner too but its hard to trust their motivations

If I went back now I would have a different experience I am sure. With my Spanish I could social network and internet game much more

Cuban chicks are smoking but you will need to do your ground work to get around the interference from the cops and the p4p and only-interested-in-your-passport-as-a-way-out chicks.

I had a blast when I was there in 2001-02 but I have heard that the cops are even more of a pain now and that it is not as good as it was. Thats just what I hear though. Have not been back since but would quite like to go again now that I have the Spanish.

Cuba

Internet game wouldn't be effective in Cuba. Internet is only available at $125 a month at dial-up speed. Other way is to use internet cafes which cost roughly $6's a month. Cubans dont have that kind of money unless they have family in Miami or are jinetaras.

You can get normal chicks their I've swooped a half-dozen but again when you hear people saying they swooped 8 girls in 9 days...they are bagging hookers or blatantly lieing. Unless they went their like 10 years ago then I've heard anything was possible. Now a days though the cops are strict and heavily enforced.

I was at a disco called La Roca in Guardalavaca and I was dancing with a cute little white chicks no more than 5'1 with nice curves and she'd dance away from me every now and then when she said the police are watching. I had another experience in Casa de la Musica (Which is apparently now a P4P joint) Where a girl I was banging wouldn't even sit with me because of police. It was ridiculous.

One girl who I actually did see their for a while would scan everywhere looking for police. Through word of mouth I heard that she had previously been arrested for being with a foreigner...i.e. she told my friends novia...novia tells my friend and he tells me. She had rough hands... I family friend of mine met a girl one night doing kaoraokee and she had the same hands as well and had been arrested as well. I dont know the cause of the hand thing but it doesnt feel particularily nice. When I hung out with her she'd walk ahead with her friend say 10 feet and id walk with my Cuban male friend outside. Just so she wouldnt be seen by the police with me.

If your gonna do Cuba though and you got some cash its not cheap. Rental cars in Havana are ($120 dollars a day) id recommend Havana. I don't go their because I go to Cuba primarily to cycle but thats where all the action is going on. Theres supposedly great entertainment, pretty women from all over Cuba who go their to study/work in the big city. Theres also stuff to do.

There is also a heavy police presence their as they have cops on the corners of main squares and from what Ive heard in clubs as well. It seems that in Havana people can live with a bit more freedom as its a big city and many of the girls will have been from all over and thus can be seen anonymously as opposed to the little village girl who sleeps with foreigners.

Food in Cuba is subpar but you can get hookups to go eat at a Cuban families house...When Ive done this ive had stuff like steak and even an order of octopus which i didn't order but someone else did which is fairly good. You will be heavily overbilled though with everything though. You pay for things in CUC, Cubans pay in Cuban pesos. I think it comes out to they pay about 1/25th of what you do but I could be off. This includes everything.

Cuba would be a legit place for someone like G-Manifesto who appears to have cash and lots of it. I suspect whites and latins would have the best shot their just based on the fact atleast I get that vibe from them. If your balling though and can park your yacht in Marina Hemmimgway I'd suppose anything is possible though. I remember someone saying something about banging girls I believe in DR and then being asked for money after. That does happen, Ive had friends who that has happened to as well as one girl who asked me for money similar to roosh's situation in Venezuela.

The positives simply put to Cuba are nice scenery, good roads for cyclists and decent beer, (Cristal for a lite, Bucanero for hard beer) and a wide variety of shapes and figures. The downsides are that most women are just looking for a meal ticket or a one-way ticket out.

The police. The sneaking around that has to go on which I must say is brutal. I should also add for you that drugs are life in prison in Cuba. So be forewarned. In the past they've only cracked down on the women seen with men but I've heard that might be changing if its believed to be P4P. People seem to be able to take girls to some legit casas in Havana from what Ive read. The casa owners at these will also not take down the girls ID. Ive never had a girl willing to go to legit casa in the provinces. This essentially doubles your hotel cost.

There aren't hostels their. Casa particulars run for roughly 25-35CUC a night for the most part. Obviously if you want to stay in a mansion your paying significantly more. You also will get scammed regardless of what you think. When I was last their with my buddy a girl gave us money to buy her a drink she then asked for 20 bucks to give her friend cab for money home. When I told her no she followed my friend and I and she saw us dancing with girls and was saying she could get us a casa for the night to the girls.

If that wasn't enough some gay guy wouldnt stop looking at my friend and trying to talk to him. We then had a white fugly cuban guy who tried to tell us he was from Germany after it became apparent he wasn't as my friend had been to Germany we left the bar to dance and the guy begged us to tell the girls we were dancing with he was from Germany. He even followed us out the bar when we left and wouldnt stop yapping at the girls. It got to the point where he was calling them "putas" and stuff. But I mean what can you do you can't hit the guy cause who wants to risk ending up in Guantanamo. I also asked him to leave a multitude of times.

From what Ive been told from close friends and family Havana is the place to be. The fine for American is also $15,000 to my knowledge for being caught in Cuba. Rich Americans get around this by sailing their and parking in the Marina Hemmingway in Havana.

Cuba

^^^ Dude...paragraphs haven't gone out of style. lol

Cuba

I apologize for my terrible grammar, I'm exhausted. Hopefully, it still makes sense and can be deciphered.

Cuba

or you could just edit it and put into into paragraphs

Cuba

Alright, sounds a bit depressing with all the police roaming around. But on the other hand I am kind of intrigued by the fact that it is a pretty unique possibility to see a communist country and chase tail at the same time. And then we have got the Hemingway allure as well.

Guess Brazil is still the mulata paradise then, but definitely gonna check out Cuba and Dominican Republic at some point as well.

Cuba

Lumiere

you mentioned in the DR thread that you've hit up cuba. a friend of mine went there couple of years ago and didn't like it; having said that, he isn't the most adventurous person around and speaks 0.0% spanish

i'm keen to hit up havana but have heard a lot of mixed stories and experiences, esp about police making sure there is as little interaction between locals and tourists as possible; i'm not interested in p4p and would rather stay in a luxurious hotel than a rundown casa particular

would you recommend havana based on your experiences? are there normal hot girls (or even shoring)?? is the nightlife fun? or is it a complete pain? i might go with a friend but there's a chance i'll be flying han solo - is it any good for someone by himself??

many thanks for any advice!

Cuba

Cuba. There is alot of sneaking around. And alot of banging. Just one guys experience. Met another guy there last year, 2 weeks, never got laid....

Cuba

I was talking to an american girl from a cuban family. She said she went to cuba but didn't like it. Any time she tried to talk to the locals, she said the cops would stop them.

Cuba

Well you will most likely fly into havana

Hotel telegrafo is a really nice hotel

Havana is also where you will get cops hassling local people for speaking to you the most

Once you get outside to smaller towns like pinar del rio and trinidad it does not happen anything like as much

If you speak spanish and have game you should be able to get laid

Cuba

I and a friend just came back from Havana a few hours ago and can confirm all that has been said. It's been a week that felt like a month.

Cuba must be unique in the world. Totally insane in both a bad way and at the same time in a good way. (For example the city looks like it's been shelled by tanks for a year, yet still it's beautiful.) Big drawbacks are the cops, the many professional hookers, the annoying hustlers (but you'll have a solid "bitch shield" in 2 days. Now I know how some women must feel.) and, worst of all, no Internet. (ok except at hotels, but its expensive, limited and slow.)

I'd suggest everyone to visit once. And bring stuff to give away. Many basic things are missing and/or can only be found in exchange for hard currency on the black market.

Cuba

Muc what about the girls, how did you find them? Did you bang lots of them? Were they easy? Give us your perspective on this subject.

Cuba

7 days, 4 lays for me, I passed on the 5th, because she was a hooker and i felt it was wrong to do with 0 game and no real sympathy. Anyways..

Girls are plentiful, generally beautiful, everywhere, and the later it gets, the more you see on the streets.

Paseo de Marti is a street that goes from the capitol to the ocean and you will get approached by working girls there. Sometimes I was not sure if they are 18 years old. They are quite aggressive and actually can get annoying, unless you're into such business.

On the Malecon on Friday and Saturday we saw thousands of young people hanging out near the water. You can strike up conversations with people easily (Spanish is a bonus if not a must tho) and pick up right there. I guess they can be either interested in hanging out with foreigners, going with you to clubs (they generally can't afford such things) or have sex for money (or all of the above). Meet to lay in 30 minutes or less is possible there.

Otherwise there's bars and clubs, like the "Casa de la Musica" which was scary. We went in on a Wednesday quite early and were immediately surrounded by hot girls. We actually had to flee, but later we returned and met some nice girls that we invited to a few drinks etc and went from there.

We also got laid in a hotel bar (Hotel Florida, Calle Obispo, great bar with live music). So if you go you might check that out.

Girls are black or latino. Few caucasians here and there.

When you pull girls you have a serious problem with where to take them. Hotel staff has to be bribed (we also bribed cops when they caught us with Cubans on the street), or your private "casa particular" owners might not allow visitors. However, if they do, you still need to copy the IDs of the girls. (wtf, right?) It's a crazy place, but the girls are perfectly ok with that it seems. There's also illegal casas (= brothels) that charge whatever you are able to negotiate. (My guess is anything between 10 and 100 USD) Or they will take you back to their apartment.

Honestly, it seems impossible to go to Havana and not have sex.