rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is it time I stop writing about specific clubs?

It looks like the day may be arriving where my writing affects the situation on the ground. Case in point after writing about Finland's Miliklubi:

[Image: attachment.jpg9885]   

I'm sure a lot of you weren't displeased to know that I stopped writing travel guides for this reason, but even plugging spots on my blog is getting a roosh boost.

To be honest, doing club breakdowns (like this one) aren't that all interesting for me to write, but I do like sharing my favorite spots.

I think the next step is a private travel newsletter, where I share "hot spots" for a limited audience. It would be a shame for my recon to go to complete waste on mankind. Thoughts?

If you don't mind selling out (a guy has to hussle, no shame in that), if your Roosh Boost has enough of an effect you could ask club owners if they are willing to pay you to feature their club on your list.

Maybe you could even give them the option:

"I'm going to feature your club on my private list anyway, but $50 gives you a public spot on Return of Kings and 3 weeks of horny men buying a shitload of drinks..."

Quote: (02-08-2013 12:02 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

It looks like the day may be arriving where my writing affects the situation on the ground. Case in point after writing about Finland's Miliklubi:

I'm sure a lot of you weren't displeased to know that I stopped writing travel guides for this reason, but even plugging spots on my blog is getting a roosh boost.

To be honest, doing club breakdowns (like this one) aren't that all interesting for me to write, but I do like sharing my favorite spots.

I think the next step is a private travel newsletter, where I share "hot spots" for a limited audience. It would be a shame for my recon to go to complete waste on mankind. Thoughts?

I would imagine that after the initial burst of traffic, things will return to normal and the original dynamics will resurface. Nice to know you are reaching a big audience though.

Quote: (02-08-2013 12:24 PM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

If you don't mind selling out (a guy has to hussle, no shame in that), if your Roosh Boost has enough of an effect you could ask club owners if they are willing to pay you to feature their club on your list.

Maybe you could even give them the option:

"I'm going to feature your club on my private list anyway, but $50 gives you a public spot on Return of Kings and 3 weeks of horny men buying a shitload of drinks..."

Welcome to the Dark Side...I guess this only works in smaller countries, still a good monetarization strategy.

That's why I'm mostly reluctant to share info on the forums. I have a couple guys I talk to frequently, that have similar tastes, and we exchange data. I never have to worry about receiving bad data from them - we like the same things and we know what makes for a good venue. I don't have to worry about them being an ignorant dumbfuck who boosts places where he never pulls from. There is no value to sharing with strangers and onlookers. And I'm meeting new wingmen.

Praising a country or large city is not likely to affect things much. Very visibly praising a specific venue in a smallish country where they don't have lots of more important stuff to cover in terms of local news could really affect the crowd in a place, probably not in a good way.

I think the next step is a private travel newsletter

GOLD MINE, or at least a silver mine.

WIA

Here we go......

Private intel sharing? That is the problem here. It's not just your writing but even these threads get TONS of views quickly and influence the behavior and travel patterns of men all around the world.

That's why I never diss dudes who want to keep some spots secret. IT's their decision. IF you don't want to share a spot, you don't have to.

This shit is not surprising. As RVF gets even more popular, and men get more and more disillusioned with game material like RSD (which only works for 10 percent or less of men who put it into practice), there are going to be hoards of dudes willing to fly to specific spots to get the precious quality tang they so desire.

This all comes back to the "should the forum be private?" debate, for which you scolded Mixx.

Are you saying you want to move into a privacy direction?

The question was if *I* should drop intel, not a random forum member. Obviously my info will be followed more closely, especially if I put it in books or in blogs.

Quote: (02-08-2013 03:17 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

The question was if *I* should drop intel, not a random forum member. Obviously my info will be followed more closely, especially if I put it in books or in blogs.

True. BUT, forum member intel is also followed, especially if multiple members agree on a certain spot. I'm in the philippines now, and I can tell you that certain cities are visited due to the opinions voiced here...

Maybe people who buy a lot of your books (say 4 or more, like myself) get a membership access to a letter where you share specific intel. It would be an increased incentive to buy more of your books. It would probably increase your sales.

I think it is. It really doesn't bring value except for those very, very few guys who read it first and go immediately. The rest are stuck dealing with with consequences of the brutal sausagefests, which upsets both dudes and chicks. In other words, it harms way more people than it helps. Only club owners, who rake in more cash from drink purchases and cover charges benefit, when you really think about it.

Sending people to entire cities or countries, on the other hand, does a fraction of the damage, since most of the sausagefesters at clubs are likely people who already live there and think they just came across some good intel. What's more, even if a horde travels to a city or country, it's likely to be distributed more evenly and be negligible.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

if you have information about specific clubs and cities you deem to be valuable, and you don't see a reason to give it away for free, then charge people for it. It's completely reasonable to have an "international game newsletter" you put out as a paid subscription, or just keep the information to yourself.

Whenever I roll into a new city I do extensive research on the best spots, so it's usually not too much of an issue.

This is yet another reason why the game is sold, not told. I think you should have a private newsletter that people pay to access. it'll provide you another source of outcome without spoiling your research spots.

Isaiah 4:1

Isn't this how nightclubs work? So long as it is not exclusive, there is not a single club that can stay cool forever. There's an ebb and flow of popularity and periodic fluctuation in the hotness of the clientele anywhere you go.

Information wants to be free... hot spots will get found out one way or another. If you don't broadcast them, someone else will.

That said, if you see a product opportunity, more power to you.

There's no point in a private newsletter. Let the places turn into sausage fests. New and better underground clubs will open to replace them. The cycle repeats.

The best spots are word of mouth anyway.

Team Nachos

Roosh,

I think the answer is to not write about the specific clubs in your books or blogs anymore, but just embed in threads on the forum (preferably that are started by other guys).

This way, the information will be prominent to RVF forum members and not so much to others, as if you were to continue writing about them in your e-books. Quite simply, the effort to get to the info, even by just skimming many threads will likely screen away many who are not active in the RVF community.

If you consider, most of the mass exposure to a club probably comes from a news outlet that picks up on one of your e-books or a post on ROK and writes a story about it. It's much LESS likely that a news outlet will pick up a simple post by you on a thread on RVF (especially if OP is someone else) and go crazy with it, in my opinion.

Of course, there will still be lurkers and such, but the ratio of people outside RVF to RVF members that see it will be much smaller this way while at the same time not letting your specific club info go to waste.

Quote: (02-08-2013 10:30 PM)Technics Wrote:  

Roosh,

I think the answer is to not write about the specific clubs in your books or blogs anymore, but just embed in threads on the forum (preferably that are started by other guys).

This way, the information will be prominent to RVF forum members and not so much to others, as if you were to continue writing about them in your e-books. Quite simply, the effort to get to the info, even by just skimming many threads will likely screen away many who are not active in the RVF community.

If you consider, most of the mass exposure to a club probably comes from a news outlet that picks up on one of your e-books or a post on ROK and writes a story about it. It's much LESS likely that a news outlet will pick up a simple post by you on a thread on RVF (especially if OP is someone else) and go crazy with it, in my opinion.

Of course, there will still be lurkers and such, but the ratio of people outside RVF to RVF members that see it will be much smaller this way while at the same time not letting your specific club info go to waste.

Most of the forum is already like this. And the internet is also like that as well. Those who do research will have better info when they hit the ground.

I don't really think it matters.

Quote: (02-08-2013 11:07 PM)Tenerife Wrote:  

Quote: (02-08-2013 10:30 PM)Technics Wrote:  

Roosh,

Most of the forum is already like this. And the internet is also like that as well. Those who do research will have better info when they hit the ground.

Tenerife,

I have no idea what you mean with your response.

I wrote 4 short paragraphs, I think referring with terms more specific than "this" and "that" might help.

Quote: (02-08-2013 11:07 PM)Tenerife Wrote:  

I would say it definitely does matter. The club Roosh featured on RoK was swamped for weeks afterwards because blogs are easy to read and those which get a lot of traffic can sometimes have their stories featured in mainstream news media. Somebody read RoK, posted the article on social media, and it went viral in Finland. Nobody trolls forums for news stories, because there's too much content and one has to be a "regular" to make sense of a lot of it. Blogs distill this for the masses to consume. People could post a hundred datasheets about Finnish clubs where the pussy is easy, and chances are it would fly under the radar -anybody who would read would say "eh, it's a forum, everyone has opinions." Blogs, especially well-put-together ones like RoK, have a respectability and veneer of "professionalism" which makes them seem more credible. There are numerous threads on here about Brazil, for instance -I doubt too many of the datasheets have become widely read sensations. The regulars and the lurkers read them, but they don't get tweeted and facebooked all over the internet, to my knowledge.

If you ever want to ensure a perfect venue for yourself write an entry on the worst club in x area. Except make it a place that's actually quite good. Suddenly the ratio of girls:guys will skyrocket and you will have managed to create a personal pussy paradise (atleast for a time).

I went to Milliklubi on Tuesday. The male/female ratio was about 10:1 - I left after staying there for 15 minutes. LOL.

I don't think club tips cause too many problems though unless it goes viral and gets mentioned in mainstream news in a small country like in this case.

Yes Roosh, especially about Croatia [Image: wink.gif]

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Don't feel bad Roosh. Finnish girls are easy regardless of the club. The only advantage Milli had was that the quality of girl/easy to get laid ratio was positive. If you really wanna get laid easily in Helsinki capital area, check out ANY nightclub outside of downtown. Eastern Helsinki(Åke), Vantaa(Hotel Vantaa) & Espoo(Base). I won't list venues that i frequent here, i don't want any competition.