rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Final Thoughts Before You Go Out

Some final thoughts before you go out to test your pickup skills:

Be Louder – Err on the side of being too loud rather than too quiet, especially in noisy venues. In any approach you make, every member of the group should be able to hear you comfortably. Vocal muscles are like any other muscles. You need to work them out. They will tire and become sore. And then your body will repair them to be stronger and more effective.

Improvise – Canned material is fine, but don't make it a crutch. You should never leave a conversation because you "ran out of things to say." Improvise. Try something – anything! Even "so, uhhh, where are you from?" is better than wandering off. You may not come up with the next spectacular line right away, but your subconscious will be thinking about it. Stay in enough conversations without a safety net of canned material, and you'll start to get really, really good.

Smile on the approach – You don't have to keep your smile plastered on, but smile in the first 1-3 seconds when you first approach. This will make people, especially women, more open to you.

Stand up straight – If she can't hear you, don't lean in, be louder. If you can't hear her – who cares. At least for the first minute or two. Just continue with what you are talking about or start a new conversational thread. After a few minutes, or when you need to work in qualification, then you can move her (or the group) somewhere quieter.

Be 'normal' and social – not a pickup shark – Don't circle around the venue looking for your prey. Those guys are "losers" and women don't want any part of them. Don't stand side by side with your guy friend, intently watching everyone else, and then finally approaching a girl. Trust me, the girl saw you staring earlier. Instead, relax, be social, and have fun! Talk to guys, mixed groups, women you're not attracted to, whoever is there. Apply the Love Systems teachings from within that framework. Oh, by the way, if you don't find yourself successfully doing this, then make sure you go out a few times to the very same venues that you would use to meet women, but instead practice just being social and part of the larger group. When you do this, don't bother with the structure of the Emotional Progression Model (part of the Love Systems Triad Model). Don't pick up any women. Just talk, have fun, get comfortable with your surroundings, and meet people. Then go back and use your new social skills as a jumping off point for the 9 phases and your routines.

Approach immediately to prevent any form of anxiety building up. There are some exceptions to this, but use it as a guideline.

With a trained instructor, bypassing these and about a dozen more typical "new guy" mistakes can be accomplished quickly. By yourself, it may take a while, so be persistent and don't lose faith. Remember – we were all in your shoes once. Every Love Systems instructor was once a student. So we understand the road you're on, and we want you to succeed.

Speaking of success, learning to be good with women has often been compared to climbing a mountain. At first, you're on the bottom and can only see the first crest. It looks like the top of the mountain, but you know it's not. Kind of like – you see your first challenge, or sticking point, might be delivering good attraction material. Then you get that down, and you notice that your interactions with women are falling apart because of bad body language. You didn't know you had improvement opportunities with your body language before, because you were getting blown out before that problem could surface. So that's the next crest, and so on. Learning these skills can be thought of in some ways as being a process of sequentially solving increasingly advanced sticking points.

-NS

Final Thought before leaving: Am I pretty?

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Quote: (05-14-2010 06:53 PM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

Final Thought before leaving: Am I pretty?

My mommy thinks I'm pretty!

No no, I don't ask her! lol! do you?

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

I like how these PUA guys organize this stuff.

But, to be honest, look at what he is saying...

1) Talk loud enough for people to hear you
2) Be able to hold a conversation
3) Smile
4) Stand up straight
5) Don't behave like a weirdo
6) Say Hello to people

I think I learned this stuff on the playgrounds in the 1st grade. Seriously, If you are an adult male and you haven't yet learned to speak up, smile around women, stand up straight, not act weird, and be able to have a normal conversation with another adult...Then you have might have problems bigger then just getting laid.

So, What do you do???

You find a guy who wears nail polish and has different color "streaks" in his hair....And you pay that guy to be your "coach".

Sometimes this PUA thing seems really strange to me.

Quote: (05-15-2010 02:13 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

3) Smile
4) Stand up straight
6) Say Hello to people

I think I learned this stuff on the playgrounds in the 1st grade. Seriously, If you are an adult male and you haven't yet learned to speak up, smile around women, stand up straight, not act weird, and be able to have a normal conversation with another adult...Then you have might have problems bigger then just getting laid.

So, What do you do???

You find a guy who wears nail polish and has different color "streaks" in his hair....And you pay that guy to be your "coach".

Agreed, I think this dude found this site and thought he could post a few things hoping to sell more of his crap...bunch of clowns if you ask me.

I like this site cuz its no BS, just straight talk...these guys should be banned.

Quote: (05-16-2010 12:00 AM)Biz Wrote:  

Quote: (05-15-2010 02:13 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

3) Smile
4) Stand up straight
6) Say Hello to people

So, What do you do???

Agreed, I think this dude found this site and thought he could post a few things hoping to sell more of his crap...bunch of clowns if you ask me.

I like this site cuz its no BS, just straight talk...these guys should be banned.

Ease up playa. I have read Savoy's work and he is legit. His stuff might seem like common knowledge to you and I, but there are plenty of guys out there who lack even basic communication skills. Savoy does a great job of breaking down the options and logically organizing pick up.

On the other hand, I agree that some of these PUAs are straight up clowns. Offering thousand dollar workshops, trying to sell regurgitated and hackneyed material.

BostonBMW,

What can guys like us learn from Savoy? I mean, we already have the "basic commumication skills" needed to talk to adult women. We understand the importance of proper grooming, good appearance, and a positive vibe etc. How deep down the "Rabbit Hole" does he go? What have you learned from him?

Quote: (05-18-2010 09:14 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

BostonBMW,

What can guys like us learn from Savoy? I mean, we already have the "basic commumication skills" needed to talk to adult women. We understand the importance of proper grooming, good appearance, and a positive vibe etc. How deep down the "Rabbit Hole" does he go? What have you learned from him?

Giovanny,

I am not saying that guys like us can learn from Savoy, instead his advice is intended for beginners who are looking for pathways of meeting girls, I don't even like to use the word 'gaming' any more.

Savoy does a pretty good job of breaking down the approaches (direct, situational, day etc) and the payoffs/pitfalls associated with each one. He gives good sample narratives that help you frame conversations and stay on task.

Again, I am not here to endorse his products - but as far as the work is concerned, it is not bad particularly for a newbie who has no clue where to begin.

BostonBMW: For a newbie, why not begin with Bang...

toddh: This isn't a pissing contest hombre. I have brought Roosh's book and Savoy's work. Both guys are doing a great job.
Also, if the venerable G decided to publish, I would be the first to buy his work.

Guys, I know where this i coming from. I am not a believer in a PUA/Game mindset. For me it has been all about the lifestyle shift from someone who lived a boring, sedentary lifestyle to something that is more exciting, almost retro in the old school gentleman way (the suits, the directness with women etc). I think that is more important.

Boston: I wasn't pissing. I was asking.
Anyway you answered the question, so thanks, Hombre.

^

My bad, should stop the transference. In closing the best teacher is you going out and seeing the social dynamics for yourself.