rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Slim jeans

Slim jeans

Im a kid of the 80s and started listening to rap in the early 90s. Consequently, all my jeans were baggy and I thought that this would look cool, stylish, etc.
Thanks to this site, I came across Masculine Style, Kinowear and Effortless Gent (shout out to Rio) and finally put on some slimish jeans. Nothing fancy, just a regular Levis 501.
Well, best decision in a long time. Looking back, I cant remember why I put on that ill fitting shit in the first place, since you look and feel much better in clothes that actually fit. Try it and you wont regret it.

Slim jeans

Try some Levis 514.

Slim jeans

Quote: (02-06-2013 05:52 PM)Menace Wrote:  

Try some Levis 514.

They dont sell those in Europe.

Slim jeans

Find an online store that'll ship to you.

514s are a great cut. Levis makes 514 khakis, too. Aside from suit pants, I don't own anything else.

Slim jeans

I find Levi's 511 the best fit. They aren't tight around the thigh, and they are tapered below the knee. Brings out your physique the best, and makes you look lean.

Having said that, I absolutely hate the 514's. They are slim straight, a bit loose around the thigh, but not tapered below the knee. Unless you have a larger build, I would avoid them and stick with 511's.

If you are worrying about it being too skinny.. It really isn't. Levi's has an even skinnier style, I believe it is 510's. But that is too far for me and I like to stick with the 511's.

Slim jeans

I was just lookin at the 514s yesterday. Are levi's cool again? For about 10 years they were pretty bad, with disgusting fabric, bad cuts, and unhip brand image.

Slim jeans

Quote: (02-07-2013 01:33 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

Having said that, I absolutely hate the 514's. They are slim straight, a bit loose around the thigh, but not tapered below the knee. Unless you have a larger build, I would avoid them and stick with 511's.

I saw the 514s came in both straight and slim straight. There didn't seem to be much of a difference but the straights worked for me a bit better. What's the 511 like?

Slim jeans

Notice how the 514's have way more slack below the knee? Also, the 511's have a better fit around the thigh, hence why I prefer them, it shows your physique better.

Slim jeans

I am a thinner guy and like the fit of the Traditional Fit jeans from the Gap (avoid the fatass baggy look but also don't look like hipster skinny jeans).

Slim jeans

I can't wear skinny jeans. Too many squats.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

Slim jeans

Quote: (02-07-2013 06:32 PM)storm Wrote:  

you and me both...you gotta be skinny to get away with them...athletic or built is out, quad and hammy development is not your friend in skinny jeans...anything but truly skinny is out...in truth they only look decent on a small percentage, way too many wearing them badly, hanging underneath guts and flattening out asses...it's an unforgiving fit.

Slim jeans

Around north brooklyn, you are shooting yourself in the foot if you aren't wearing skinny jeans.

Slim jeans

Quote: (02-07-2013 06:50 PM)soup Wrote:  

Around north brooklyn, you are shooting yourself in the foot if you aren't wearing skinny jeans.

One of the reasons why this is about the only thing that gets me to North Brooklyn:

[Image: l.jpg]

Slim jeans

Quote: (02-07-2013 06:36 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

you and me both...you gotta be skinny to get away with them...athletic or built is out, quad and hammy development is not your friend in skinny jeans...anything but truly skinny is out...in truth they only look decent on a small percentage, way too many wearing them badly, hanging underneath guts and flattening out asses...it's an unforgiving fit.

Im not talking skinny here, just slim. Im 200lbs and do heavy squats and Dls regularly and cant wear the 511's or anything too skinny. The 501's fit nicely though.

Slim jeans

Don't want to troll or anything but clothes look best on guys that have slim bodies with a V shaped torso.

Slim jeans

anybody try the 513s? They're hard to find but that's all I wear and they fit great (5'11 180lbs w/ larger than avg quads from soccer)

Slim jeans

Quote: (02-07-2013 08:49 PM)juice Wrote:  

anybody try the 513s? They're hard to find but that's all I wear and they fit great (5'11 180lbs w/ larger than avg quads from soccer)

This. They're not too slim like the 511s but have the tapering that the 514s lack.

Slim jeans

I will try out the 511s. I like the slim look to jeans. I personally don't like baggy jeans.

Slim jeans

Levis in Europe are so fashionable and expensive and in the US so "crap" and cheap.
[Image: icon_lol.gif] [Image: icon_lol.gif]

Slim jeans

America fell out of love with Levi's in the 90's. The Company was on its knees but still had a big following in parts of Asia, mostly Japan. The Brand became cool again in the mid 2000's and now its a mainstay. When I try and tell people whom are a bit younger then me that I used to bitch and moan when my folks would cop me Levi's jeans from the discount store and Wal-Mart people think I'm nuts. Everybody was wearing Calvin Klein and Tommy when I was growing up, that was the cool shit. Levi's were as fresh as Wrangler's growing up and nobody messed with them unless they were broke or hillbillies. The 'Silver Tabs' were cool for a little bit but those flamed out quick too. I remember jacking my first pair of CK Jeans and wearing them to school feeling like the biggest bossman ever, I used to even rip off the tags off my Levi's and try to take out the arch's in the pockets. Typical kids stuff being obsessed with brands and status.

Vintage Levis in crisp condition sell for crazy amounts in Japan... if only I knew better back then.

Slim jeans

Buy a different cut and then have them tailored. Not every tailor can do this though, they need to have some specific machine for it so you might have to check around at a few different places

Slim jeans

Ah, Levi's, I like 'em...

used to rock 501 jeans, a crewneck sweater, saggin' in my pants 'cause I don't know better...

but then I got into 514s and find that the cut is much better for my physique (which is slim/athletic martial arts/cyclist way of slim and cut up but with big legs).

If I try on 513s or 511s, I start wondering if someone put girl pants in the men's section and I accidentally picked them up. These pants are for the dudes that always skip leg day, AFAIC. The 513s in the same size as my 514s wouldn't even make it up to my waist.

The cut of the 514 isn't quite perfect, but I haven't found a comparable (or slightly more expensive) alternative that looks and feels as good.

Slim jeans

So what, I can fill a suitcase full of 514's and take them to Europe and sell them for 60-100 Euro a pair? This would be like Soviet Union days.

Slim jeans

Quote: (02-08-2013 09:01 AM)Fujiwara Wrote:  

used to rock 501 jeans, a crewneck sweater, saggin' in my pants 'cause I don't know better...

but then I got into 514s and find that the cut is much better for my physique (which is slim/athletic martial arts/cyclist way of slim and cut up but with big legs).

If I try on 513s or 511s, I start wondering if someone put girl pants in the men's section and I accidentally picked them up. These pants are for the dudes that always skip leg day, AFAIC. The 513s in the same size as my 514s wouldn't even make it up to my waist.

The cut of the 514 isn't quite perfect, but I haven't found a comparable (or slightly more expensive) alternative that looks and feels as good.

what alternative have you found?

Slim jeans

Quote: (02-08-2013 09:01 AM)Fujiwara Wrote:  

You do realize that the only difference between 513s (slim) and 514s (slim straight) is that the 513s are tapered below the knees to feature a smaller leg opening, right? The 514s feature the same "slim" fit in the thighs but a "straight" fit below the knee, hence "slim straight".

I have to size up in the waist on either because of my legs but I'm not understanding how you could fit one perfectly and not the other unless your calves are imbalanced (bigger than your quads/hams). I think you're simply not accustomed to a slim fit around your lower legs.