rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hugging ettiquette (advice)

So this happened to me at work yesterday, and I felt a bit awkward so I wanted to see if I can get some advice. Keep in mind that this was a 'professional' setting, not gaming at a club, but I'd like to know the appropriate behavior.

Background:
-I work in sales
-I'm in the USA (not European which have different customs)
-I'm not trying to game her, but just want to know the correct fucking behavior so I don't feel awkward

A customer came by the small company I work with. She was very attractive and the social butterfly type and came to meet with me specifically. We chatted in my office and then I showed her around the company to show her how we do what we do. I ran a decent sales game (I think), and tried to inject some funniness through some self-deprecating and somewhat conspiratorial (us against them) remarks. That got a few laughs to ease the "strictly business" mode and to relate on a more human level.

At the end of the interaction near the front door, she praised me for showing her around and taking the time to meet with her, and instinctively reached out to give me a goodbye hug. She put her cheek next to mine and I'm just thinking "Do I kiss her cheek, do I not do it? what the fuck is the right thing to do?" I didn't kiss her cheek, but it seemed she was emanating that "cocktail hour" goodbye rather than a business vibe so maybe a euro-style goodbye kiss would have been appropriate? I have no idea.

I walked her outside to her car and she hugged me again before getting in her car and leaving.

In standard game of course you can do the kiss and kiss-tease thing, but this was work. On the one hand she was giving me a goodbye like we were mutual friends seeing each other for a cocktail, but on the other hand this was my first time meeting my client face-to-face at work. I felt a bit awkward not knowing what to do. As is the case in state-transference, obviously she felt some of my awkwardness. I've never been too good at hellos or goodbyes and (who woulda guessed) i've never been such a touchy-feely person. I'm also outcome-dependent in this interaction because its profe$$ional, not some bar whore.

So what's the correct thing to do here in the USA?

She went out of her way and hugged you twice. She pressed her face up against yours. You gave off massive weakness and more then likely your chance with her is gone but she obviously wanted you.

If I didnt kiss her cheek the first time I would have given her a double cheek when she gave me the 2nd chance and I would have put my hands on her hips instead of wrapping my hands around her back and kept them there for a tiny bit after the kiss and made some wise ass remark before walking away or better yet getting her number.

Arms around lower back, chest on chest. Even if you're not trying to fuck her, making her feel sexual towards you can only be good for your business.

^This, especially if she has large tits [Image: tard.gif]

Good advice.

So how do you execute the proper social cheek kiss in a work setting? Is it cheek-to-cheek, or is it lips-to-cheek? Is it a silent kiss, or is there a smooch kiss sound? Do you always begin with right cheek to right cheek? How do I know when to do a single cheek kiss vs a double cheek kiss?

And as jaylow wrote above, any suggestions for a flirtatious wiseass remark after a cheek kiss?

if a girl puts a cheek near me it's getting kissed. both sides, and if shes italian, spanish or french, 3 times (they do it twice). No idea why but it just seems cheeky.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos