rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hank Moody Game

Hank Moody Game

If you're not familiar with Hank Moody, damn you and your pathetic little life.
Go watch some Californication now. He's the ballsy main character who seduces all the women with his great, witty dialogue. He's a big time wordsmith, a true alpha male and should be an inspiration for
every human being which has something hanging between its legs.

When I go out I always incorporate some of his great one liners into my game and you should do too. Good artists copy, great artists steal.

Here is an excerpt of a conversation I had with a girl. I was sporting a black eye(sports accident) and was in a posh club/bar walking out of the toilets, when she(solid blonde 8) bumped into me(16 year old) and apologized.

Her: Oh my god, I'm sorry. What happened to your eye?
Me: You should see the other guy
Her: Yeah right
Me: mhm
Her: What's your name?
Me: I don't think I know you well enough to tell you yet. I feel like we're not on that level yet, you know
Her: I see. How do we get to that level?

Me: Well, you see, that's quite tricky. You like smalltalk?
Her: *silent*
Me: I fucking love smalltalk.Let's make some smalltalk, I think we could make some grade-A smalltalk. Let's start with the obvious questions
Her: *Smiling* Are you retarded or something?
Me: It's true, I'm kind of retarded but I'm also kind of amazing
Her: *laughing* Now I really deserve to get your name
Me: R to the Y to the A to the N. What's yours?
Her: Sarah
Me: Sarah? really? You know, after all this intrigue that's kind of a let down
Her: *looking a bit pissed off*
Me: I'm just kidding. I like your name Sarah. It's a nice name
Her: Thank you
Me: NAAAAAIILEED IT *in a high pitched voice*
Her: *laughing* Do you want to get out of here?
Me: Uuuh, that got me a little wet not gonna lie. I'd love to.
Her: Fine let's go
Me: Right behind ya pretty lady

We ended up taking a cab to her place. Turns out she was a 19 year old student, even made me breakfast in the morning. Probably my best notch so far.
That all happened in 2 minutes and still cracks me up whenever I think of it. I was at the point where I didn't give a fuck what people thought and pretty much quoted Hank Moody half of the time.
To sum it up, I think everybody could learn something from Hank Moody. Plus Californication is a pretty good show too.
Hope you liked my first post, critique is mucho apreciado

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
-Socrates

Hank Moody Game

While I don't doubt your success, that dialogue definitely was not witty. Also I would be cringing at myself constantly having to talk that way to girls

Hank Moody Game

I didn't really claim it was. In the show his dialogue is witty most of the time, I just used sole quotes and threw them into the mix.

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
-Socrates

Hank Moody Game

Wait you are 16 and she was 19? thats fucking sick

Hank Moody Game

That's what makes this so extraordinary. I don't even look especially old

-Socrates

Hank Moody Game

off topic, but hank moody should have ended seasons ago.

Hank Moody Game

I agree. Last few seasons jumped the shark but season 1 was pure gold

-Socrates

Hank Moody Game

Based off of that interaction, I can tell that she probably thinks of you as a glorified dancing monkey.

Hank Moody Game

Sounds goofy, but whatever. If you're pulling a 19 year old 8 at 16 you're doing something right.

Remember that there's a difference between being inspired by the example of alphas and seeking to emulate them, and straight up copying them because you have no sense of personal value or identity. The former is a good way to learn and develop your own style, the latter is a good way to come across an insecure chode.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Hank Moody Game

I agree - the first season was epic! I've actually trying to get back into it; it's just not drawing me in...

Hank Moody Game

Quote: (02-04-2013 05:40 PM)little wing Wrote:  

when she(solid blonde 8) bumped into me(16 year old) and apologized.

You're 16?

Dude don't let anyone hate on you. You're killing it.

Hank Moody Game

Don't say "just kidding", stand your ground on everything you say.

R to the Y to the... ya id stop doing this as well. Still worked out for you, good job.

You should have told her your age after you were finished and watched a priceless reaction.

Hank Moody Game

I like Californication, but I think it would be much more interesting if Hank didn't have actor-good looks.

Hank Moody Game

I don't care what anybody else says. Acting like hank moody will get you laid. Especially in USA. It's just being playful. Funny interaction man

Hank Moody Game

To the guys who said that talking like this makes you look stupid, goofy etc.
Well, it's difficult to transcribe conversations authentically. Most of the magic usually gets lost, like changes in pitch, intonation and volume. While it may seem a bit weird solely reading it, I think it sounded a lot better in person.
Also I think she was already about to leave and was just waiting to be picked up by some guy, so it wasn't an impressive feat of conversation or game really, I just wanted to give you guys an example of how easy it can be sometimes if you're playful

-Socrates

Hank Moody Game

If you have Hank's attitude- he never seems moved by women, even when they are trying to kill him.. he always projects amused mastery and knows the appropriate thing to say to get into girls's graces, that will help you.

Hank Moody Game

Quote: (02-05-2013 03:48 AM)soup Wrote:  

I like Californication, but I think it would be much more interesting if Hank didn't have actor-good looks.

Why?, to give betas some sort of hope in life?

Hank Moody Game

Quote: (02-05-2013 03:43 PM)Alexander Wrote:  

Quote: (02-05-2013 03:48 AM)soup Wrote:  

Why?, to give betas some sort of hope in life?

Hey newbie, are you some kind of anti-game [Image: troll.gif] ?

Hank Moody Game

Quote: (02-05-2013 11:26 AM)little wing Wrote:  

Well, it's difficult to transcribe conversations authentically. Most of the magic usually gets lost, like changes in pitch, intonation and volume. While it may seem a bit weird solely reading it, I think it sounded a lot better in person.
Also I think she was already about to leave and was just waiting to be picked up by some guy, so it wasn't an impressive feat of conversation or game really, I just wanted to give you guys an example of how easy it can be sometimes if you're playful

It does make you look goofy and douchy, just like it does Hank on the show, the thing is he owns it on the show which doens't come across in a transcipt of a conversation.

Hank Moody Game

I'm sorry but I smell a couple [Image: troll.gif] [Image: troll.gif] in here

Hank Moody Game

Hank Moody for the win! He got results; damn the torpedos and full steam ahead.

Well done. 1st season was good, and I have it on DVD.

Hank Moody Game

Quote: (02-05-2013 11:26 AM)little wing Wrote:  

I agree with this 100% The O.P. mentioned spelling his name "R to the Y to the A to the N" and that reads so fucking lame. It's literally cringeworthy.

But then I thought about it, and I can totally see Hank Moody saying that in a cocky, sing-song voice "H to the A to the N to the K, pretty lady".

Inflection, attitude, playfulness, etc. is at least as important as the content.

Hank Moody Game

Quote: (02-05-2013 10:41 PM)MikeinMKE Wrote:  

I agree with this 100% The O.P. mentioned spelling his name "R to the Y to the A to the N" and that reads so fucking lame. It's literally cringeworthy.

But then I thought about it, and I can totally see Hank Moody saying that in a cocky, sing-song voice "H to the A to the N to the K, pretty lady".

Inflection, attitude, playfulness, etc. is at least as important as the content.

What you say is usually way less important than how you say it, which is why JFK could get away with saying "I am a jelly doughnut" and the crowd still goes fucking wild

Hank Moody Game

Quote: (02-06-2013 09:37 AM)snoop Wrote:  

What you say is usually way less important than how you say it, which is why JFK could get away with saying "I am a jelly doughnut" and the crowd still goes fucking wild

Yep. Just like when in hotel bars I will often tell a broad "Let's go watch ESPN."

Hank Moody Game

Quote: (02-06-2013 06:19 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

Quote: (02-06-2013 09:37 AM)snoop Wrote:  

Yep. Just like when in hotel bars I will often tell a broad "Let's go watch ESPN."

Explain a little more - you mean you're dressed up nice in a swanky $13 a drink hotel bar (w hotel, Le meridian, etc) and you jokingly say "let's go do ---- (insert something lame)" ? What's your body language and delivery? Sarcastic? Cheerful?