rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Myth: Men don't have "hamsters"

Assuming "hamster" is defined as "delusional or contradictory rationalizations", plenty of men also do, but just in different ways. It's an inherently human thing and it's not gender biased or based.

I've seen plenty of posts here of dudes making clearly hypocritical statements or failing to understand the female perspective (women are generalized and called solipsistic). You can't have a culture of slut shaming and slut worshiping (liking girls who give it up easily, fucking married women or girls with boyfriends etc,.) at the same time. It's a contradiction. It's either a society of morals and standards or none at all.

Ultimately the prevailing view seems to be that women are somehow incapable of rational or properly logical thought. This goes against the evidence from our daily experience of them working in perfectly capable settings (doctors offices, courtrooms, police work, even numbers accounting,. etc).

Women are human. Men are human. To err is human. Lets return to a culture of reason. Not getting bogged up in some ideology or "us vs them" bs.

/end rant

I'm glad someone has brought this up.

Yes, women are often irrational, but to think they as a whole are more irrational than men requires a strong case of confirmation bias. This means taking note of every nonsensical action by a woman as an example of women being inherently irrational, while comfortably ignoring every instance in which men behave equally irrationally. If another man does something stupid, the conclusion is: "this person is stupid." If the same is done by a female, the conclusion is "women are stupid." This is basically a reversed form of the logic used by radical feminists.

Both men and women have hamsters for sure. But to succeed in this life you either need to see the world for what it really is or you must find a beta male to support you. Only one of these options is available to most men so most of them have trained themselves to silence their hamsters to some degree. The degree to which a man can rise above his hamster depends on two things: 1)His comfort level, the lower the comfort level the more he is pressured to perceive the truth. 2) His ambition, the higher the ambition the more likely he is to perceive his comfort level as being low.

Yes, we have hamsters, but they aren't even 1/10 of women's hamster power.

Beta males and feminists have more powerfull and ridiculous hamsters because they aren't aware of reality.

Alphas and feminine girls have hamsters that aren't malicious for their own people and that don't make them look like idiots.

From lvl 1 (minimal hamstering) to lvl 10 (jawdroppingly insane delusions):

Beta/Feminist hamster level: 7-10

Feminine, attractive girls: 4-6

Alphas: 1-3

Psychopaths are exception.

I agree with you. But keep in mind, women are mostly free to comment on the blunders of men and the plight of being a woman anywhere they please. Most of us can only talk openly about such things in places like this without facing possible repercussions to our personal and professional lives. So you get a lot of venting and tired criticisms of women here because it's one of the few release valves available to men. And inevitably, a lot of these rants aren't all going to be of Roissy or Roosh caliber.

I say call out the male hamstering when you see it. We should be able to admit to our own wheel spinning without losing our cool.

You are right that the hamster is a double-bladed sword and can also be found in men, but "liking sluts and shaming sluts simultaneously" isn't what you're looking for. There's no contradiction there, sorry.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (02-04-2013 08:59 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

You are right that the hamster is a double-bladed sword and can also be found in men, but "liking sluts and shaming sluts simultaneously" isn't what you're looking for. There's no contradiction there, sorry.

Yes it is. There are guys here who won't touch a prude yet at the same time complain endlessly about sluts. Why do you care about sluts so much when you don't want to get married? In fact, sluts should be welcomed here because game is easier with them.

Thing is, we're not the ones lobbying for entitlement programs.

We're also a "take what we can get" kind of a culture. When all there are are sluts, then we'll have sluts.

Doesn't mean we aren't attracted to feminine women who would make good mothers.

I think what you're looking for is irony. Even though most of us are attracted to these feminine women, we're too far down the rabbithole to marry them any time soon even if we did find a good one.

There's a good reason why men don't have such a large hamster brain, if at all. It's mostly because we need skill to get laid, we can't just filter out chicks and say "Oh, she's too creepy" or "I'm not attracted to her because she bought me a drink.". The hamster brain is, oddly enough, a system to weed out men who can't deal with the hamster brain. Therefore, we have to be more realistic about shit. They don't. It doesn't affect whether or not they pass their genes.

It isn't a "hamsterbrain" quality to hate the rampant hypergamy in our culture and still take advantage of it. We still want to get laid. Who doesn't think it's somewhat upsetting to know that your girlfriend from highschool would fuck a dude in front of you if it made her feel better?

Most men I know don't like the idea of being cuckolded, it's one of the most emasculating things that can happen to a guy. We live with birth control and condoms and shit now, but the impulse is still there. No man enjoys the thought of his girlfriend/wife/whatever getting plowed by some strange dick. Think of it this way. If a girl refuses to cheat on you, you're pretty much the greatest man in her life, are you not? Sluts don't have such impulse control. What I'm getting at is that, as men, we desire exclusivity with our women. That's pretty natural.

So to answer your question. Yeah, there's women who buck the hamster trend. There's also manginas out there who have hamster brains as formidable as any woman's. Doesn't mean they're the rational sex all of a sudden.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

the majority of males, the beta males have the biggest hamsters of all. women can do no wrong in their eyes

Beta Males rationalize their lack of options. That's the male hamster at work. It eats the blue pill.

Male Hamster = Blue Pill.

I don't know how many women the OP has met but I have met quite a few, and a distinctive feature of women is that hamster. It's also a feature of effeminate men.

The hamster shows itself in women much more so than men. This has been observed throughout history. Women have always been known for being emotional, which is hamsterism.

When emotions are your operating system for navigating the world, you have to rationalize your behavior much more often.

An easy argument against your thesis is that the women you are describing are in traditionally masculine roles. This shift in their mental outlook is a result of TRAINING. Chances are also great that in their love lives it goes back to the hamster.

I recognize that men can be just as catty and bitchy as women but to say this forum is shaming sluts and worshiping them is completely inaccurate.

Few here are worshiping sluts. I'd say it's more accurate to describe the attitude towards sluts here as "amused at the regrettable circumstance of female hypergamy".

I think the difference here is that with more life experience, men have fewer hamster issues. It's the other way around with women (sometimes very dramatically so).

The male hamster comes in the form of approach anxiety rationalizations for inactivity and says things like:

"none of the girls in this bar are hot enough for me to approach"

"I'm not in state enough to approach"

"It's more real if I just go out for drinks with the boys then going out solo and talking to "random" girls. If we are having a good time, something's likely to happen."

"Yeah, the PUAs get lots of girls, but they are losers and the girls are low quality"

"Game doesn't really work"

And the list goes on. Male hamster is essentially embodied by the PUA hate forum.

"just because she banged 100 guys doesn't make her a slut. that's the past and she was just having fun. she's changed and she's a good girl now"

Quote: (02-04-2013 11:42 AM)GenJx Wrote:  

"just because she banged 100 guys doesn't make her a slut. that's the past and she was just having fun. she's changed and she's a good girl now"

Actually, girls do change as they get older. They are going to be looking for more security- that's why they pair off with beta providers. But, when the alpha cock beckons, she will tryst behind the beta's back.

The question is: why would any alpha worth his salt go fuck some woman that has lost has hit the wall enough to seek out a beta in the first place?

I shouldn't talk- I've been the guy who has fucked married women and gotten booty calls from them. A lot of my friends have as well.

The Alpha is going to go for the sure-deal bang.

Quote: (02-04-2013 10:47 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

I don't know how many women the OP has met but I have met quite a few, and a distinctive feature of women is that hamster. It's also a feature of effeminate men.

The hamster shows itself in women much more so than men. This has been observed throughout history. Women have always been known for being emotional, which is hamsterism.

When emotions are your operating system for navigating the world, you have to rationalize your behavior much more often.

An easy argument against your thesis is that the women you are describing are in traditionally masculine roles. This shift in their mental outlook is a result of TRAINING. Chances are also great that in their love lives it goes back to the hamster.

I recognize that men can be just as catty and bitchy as women but to say this forum is shaming sluts and worshiping them is completely inaccurate.

Few here are worshiping sluts. I'd say it's more accurate to describe the attitude towards sluts here as "amused at the regrettable circumstance of female hypergamy".

Spot on.

I'd add an additional note.

A woman's hamster is SO much a part of her psyche that it operates on a deeply unconscious level. We laugh at the hamster, roll our eyes, and do the inevitable face palm, because it is so obvious to us. But the fact is the hamster is such a integrated emotional defense mechanism in their mental software, that a woman is simply NOT a woman without one.

When it comes to sex and men, women are at the beck and call of deeply seated evolutionary impulses. But because they DO have a consciousness, they have to reconcile internally what the evolutionary impulses are doing to them versus what they think their behavior should be. The rationalizations therefore come thick and fast.

Every once in a while, a woman will have a true glimmer of understanding.

"I like a bit of the bad boy..."
"I slept with how he made me feel..."

But these are temporary shots of pain into the mind...which invariably fade as the world of delusion and fantasy once again dominates their emotional being.

And we should be happy about that. The fantasies and the delusions get them all lubricated so we can penetrate them as the submissive creatures that they are.

Yes, men rationalize.

The difference is that neither biology nor society supports that. So a man who does not face the reality of his decisions often finds himself with no money, no women and no friends. You can lie to yourself, but if you're a guy people will tell you you're full of sh*t -- and the first ones to do it will be women (and if you try to lie to them, law enforcement and child support collection agencies will see to it that you won't).

Example #1: "I'm brilliant!" "Then why are you jobless?" End of male hamster.
Example #2: "Why doesn't she love me?" "Because you're a loser." End of male hamster.

Conversely, a woman who rationalizes has a gigantic support system backing up her every bad move, from "Oprah" to TV movies to the educational system to Feministing to her "validating" friends. This allows her to lie to herself far more easily than men can.

Example #1: "I'm brilliant!" "Of course you are! It's just the evil sexist society and unappreciative men who are making you FEEL stupid!" Beginning of female hamster.

Example #2: "Why doesn't he love me?" "Because he's cold and heartless and we're going to file charges on him for that terrible, terrible thing he did to you (even though you clearly consented to it)!!" Female hamster now being fed STEROIDS -- tune in next week to our new show, "SuperHamster!!"

"Sorry but I can't come out with you lads tonight because we went out last week and I don't want the missus to get angry. Anyway I'm pretty tired anyway so won't be much fun and will just bring you guys down so you're better off going without me. I'll see you next time for sure!"

Beta male hamster rationalisation exists.

Finally somebody who brought that up.

I always believed that the average beta has about the same size hamster as a chick. So IMHO having hamsters is just humanly, that's not a women thing.

I disagree. Knowing many betas and blue pill men, what I hear from them regarding relationships and dating can easily compete with the biggest female hamsters.

Quote: (02-04-2013 08:37 PM)MattC Wrote:  

"Sorry but I can't come out with you lads tonight because we went out last week and I don't want the missus to get angry. Anyway I'm pretty tired anyway so won't be much fun and will just bring you guys down so you're better off going without me. I'll see you next time for sure!"

Beta male hamster rationalisation exists.

Great example.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Yeah as mentioned above, male hamster exists mainly as a barrier for self improvement. It's better to be a loser and blame other things for your failures, rather than to go out and fail. Well, that's the blue-pill male hamsterization anyway.

This attitude appears in approach anxiety, game denial, fitness, work/career and probably more.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (02-04-2013 04:22 AM)OkStudies Wrote:  

You can't have a culture of slut shaming and slut worshiping (liking girls who give it up easily, fucking married women or girls with boyfriends etc,.) at the same time. It's a contradiction. It's either a society of morals and standards or none at all.

Why not? It seems like in every society in history there were women considered worthy of being a wife and women worthy of being prostitutes. In some cultures, the prostitute or slut could even be intelligent and wealthy. The Geisha in Japan, the courtesan in India, cortigiana in Italy, courtisane in France. In those days, men knew that these women were for pleasure and it would be very foolish to fall in love with them or try to marry them. A prostitute or slut would often be the downfall or a wealthy and prominent man.

Quote: (02-05-2013 08:16 AM)dotbiz Wrote:  

I disagree. Knowing many betas and blue pill men, what I hear from them regarding relationships and dating can easily compete with the biggest female hamsters.

That's not because they're human, or because of their low status on the manliness totem, but simply because they haven't taken the red pill, and so they are attempting to reconcile irreconcilables. They believe in good faith, because women, older men, and pretty much everybody has been telling them, that women are fascinating, incredibly special creatures -highly capable and resilient, inherently virtuous and civilized, yet delicate. Thus, the proper response to womankind is to pedestalize any and all of them encountered -to worship them, nobly serve them, die for them....

...but their eyes see these "virtuous, delicate" specimens throw emotional tantrums, act like the spoiled brats that most of them are, and engage in shameless debauchery with the most undeserving, no-good men. As long as they still have faith in what society has taught them, they have no choice but to rationalize: "she just likes bad boys because her father probably beat her -see, I know plenty of women who like nice guys {they just all happen to be approaching middle age.}"

These men develop a hamster because their ingrained formation is warring with what their senses tell them. This is something of a historical abberation, because feminism and other attendent societal ills have allowed female hamsters to run amock and encourage women to do and subsequently rationalize whatever their hearts desire. Women have a hamster simply because they are women. In times past, "patriarchy" sensibly imposed logic and restrained women's baser impulses, which is what allowed civilization to function. Nowadays, we're regressing to the simian tribe.

Look. Guys have "baser" impulses too. What makes the impulses of a man to dominate any less "base" than a woman to submit?

When men act out on their "baser" impulses it's called war. We've plenty of examples of this much more destructive impulse and it's devastating effect upon civilizations and societies.

My point is we are failing at grasping the larger picture here. We're making excuses and in a way (ironically) sounding eerily similar to the "solipsistic" women we malign here.

Humans have "impulses", but there is nothing inherently "masculine" about the ability to deal with logic, reason or common sense. Studies have shown women to be equally capable at math for example. However, they are susceptible to stereotype threat, which lowers scores across the board.

Don't you realize it is this same "feminist society" that tells them they can't do math. There are both anti-male and anti-female stereotypes and biases present in our society, in a totally random configuration. Why? Because most people have no clue what masculinity or femininity consists of. We live in confused times.

Masculinity is essentially just strength. Toughness. Aggression. It's a specific definition that denotes a specific quality, however many it's manifestations.

Now you could argue men are both mentally *and* physically stronger than women. But logic and strength are not the same thing.