rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

SDK's land of the rising sun tour of in and out-age.. (Japan Travel blog)

Thu May 06, 2010 8:03 am Post subject:
Hiaaaa yaaaaa....

Guess I have been avoiding writing this so far. The little internet time I have had I have been chatting to folks back home and trying to find where the feck I am in J land.

Having a real blast though, a fun place to travel more so for the culture and sights than game, but been having my fun on that front too.

Three or so real game nights out so far. One in Tokyo in the expat area, admittedly it was a drunken affair. Ended up in a club called Gas Panic. nothing much out of the ordinary to report. Fair bit of time spent with one local japanese girl. Resisted tongue down or extraction. But I was that drunk that I would have resisted me to.

A bit of attention from travelling in a kilt, however notably far less than in other countries. Especially the western ones. Girls here are generally shy, granted when you open them and if there isn't a language barrier there are a lot of laughs to be had, however can be a massive hurdle from time to time.

Bit of day game in tokyo when first arrived too. Easy to do as a lost tourist and highly recommended anywhere in the world.

Got an email close off a cute waitress when out to dinner with a american guy I met. She was cheeky and seemed fairly liberal / up for a laugh. Not heard a reply from the email I sent 3 days a go so not holding my breath for the meet up back in tokyo... wait and see.

Moved on to osaka a couple of nights a go and had an immense night in an electro club. 11 it was called. Have a lonely planet phrase book which has some down and dirty direct phrases. Got some dude on side at the bar who spoke no english at all. Then proceeded to open girls, tap on the shoulder, point to, "I think we are good together" + "let's dance". That normally got a big laugh and established if they spoke english. One hot girl who did I spent an hour with. She even bailed me out on my drinks tab. This place ain't cheap to drink in nice venues.

Escalated with her as far as I could but got a fair bit of stand off resistance when I pulled the trigger. Nexted her and found some girl who was up for some down and dirty dancing. This time I had a new wing. The japanese kid from the goonies? Yup he looked like him and was as energetic / goofy. Awesome fun all the same. He was stoked when I got this jap girl to kiss him. He was a 20 year old so prob a virgin. Anyway was with the other chick for 30 mins or so. Semi on the dance floor type of dancing. Pulled her to the wall and tried for the kiss only to get a boy friend response. Gave up on that after some street game with my super techno geek best friend forever...

Last night I had arguably my most success. Had a slow whiskey in this bar in kyoto and chatted to some locals in pigeon english. Come 12 I was ready to hit the hay, when I though fuck it got to attempt to make a night of it even though town is dead. Opened some J-girls on the street. Second lot in I hit the jackpot with a hottie who can speak really good english. She is out with her cousin. Suggest to them we go to drink green tea. They take me to a bar, buy me beer and order all this awesome japanese light snacks. The kilt worked a treat I guess. Escalate with the target when little cus is at the toilet. helps that she formerly had an american boyfriend.

Take them to a karaoke venue and we order a load more drinks. Singing away for an hour or so like semi drunk pros. Barrel of laughs. Getting lots of tongue down by this stage and hint that I want to take her back to my hotel room to bang. She is visiting kyoto from tokyo and only in town 2 nights to see little cus, so she suggests that we meet in tokyo. Number and email close before leaving.

Logistics are the biggest problem so far, oh that and language barrier. But get the impression like anywhere in the world if you are in a country for long enough you get over the slight cultural differences and there will always be chicks who want to fuck. Perseverance is the key as always I guess. Day 2s maybe more fruitful than first night.

Japanese girls are nice, I find in an intriguing "they are different" / culturally / facial structure way. Wouldn't say they are my dream girls that said. If I ever get up to my nuts in japanese guts I will give you a full run down on the SDK rating...

Wed May 12, 2010 1:21 am Post subject:
Ok so a fair load of stuff went down since the last time I posted so doubt I will be bothered writing up all the details...

Basically after spending a night making out with the karaoke queen I moved on to a hostel were I went partying with 2 americans (hot girl living in tokyo and a long term male friend who is visiting and travelling with her), a canadian dude who seems a bit of a leg-end and a cool german dude.

Guess we were all into the american girl and heard various attempts from the other guys to flirt with her. Nothing too forward and was all fairly laid back. I managed to get a good bit of time with her to charm her heavily and even got a really good one on one in the middle of walking a cross this big river in the middle of kyoto when we were crossing it bare foot when really drunk.

I was on fire though and getting a lotta laughs from a lots of folks. One of those nights when the shit just comes into your head, I was bucked with laughter myself from time to time. Any way long story short she seemed into me and asked that I joined her to 7 /11 for more beers, we were chilling out by the river along with a load of locals and a couple of other travellers / tourists. I join her and on the way back make an attempt to hurdle this barrier, in a "I da man" manoeuvre. Epic failure. I total myself and land heavily on the concrete badly hurling my back...

Haha, that ended that romance as even the though of any hip thrusting was oh to painful. Get her email / cell and agree to meet up in tokyo in a weeks time once she is back to work. She is living there for 6 months teaching english...

I then spent the next few days (think that was about 6 nights ago now) recovering and taking it easy while exploring the sites in Japan via the bullet train. Amazing place to travel by the way...

Was looking forward to tokyo as had a couple of day 2s lined up and now that I am here feeling a lot better other than a bit of a cold / sore throat that has come on.

Anyway, last night I went to see Julian Casablancas (front man of the strokes) at Tokyo Blitz. Some concert. Seem to get a bit of luck with picking up at gigs abroad.

I was there a good bit before opening and sat outside a star bucks with an ice coffee. This cute Japanese girl sits down next to me and I open fairly naturally asking if she is going to the gig. Pretty much on from there and I discover she is there alone having flown in from the far west of japan for the night. Ask her if she wants to go to a wine bar across the way for a drink prior to starting. It's on. Link arms and make it clear that I was in to her. Drop them at some stage not to seem to needy. Sit for half an hour or so and she foots the £14 bill for two glasses of wine.

Get to the gig and we have to spilt up as they are letting people in in block numbers. She quickly finds me inside, I was in the kilt so couldn't have been that hard.

Lord out the concert escalating from time to time. Meet a load more japs and banter away with them. A few photos and get given a set list from one of the dudes I met, he already had a drum stick so was happy for me to have it.

Suggest to the chicka that we go to a karaoke bar near my hotel. We get off the sub way a few stations from my hotel, it is raining hard so I suggest we get a taxi to near my hotel and get some food. Look at my travel photos and pics of scotland afterwards. She again is insistent to foot the £25 taxi... who was I to argue it has been a fairly expensive holiday...

Bing bong, hotel escalator doors open, fade to black...

Unfortunately (I am being greedy now) the two day twos from Kyoto activity are clashing on available dates. As it stands I am meeting the american, at 6 once she finishes work.

Kind of like the thought of concurring the worlds two biggest economies in consecutive nights.