rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Coachella 2013

Coachella 2013

Line up is already announced and tickets go on sale tomorrow I believe.

[Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif]

List of the acts:

2 Chainz, Action Bronson, Aesop Rock, Alt-J, Band of Horses, Bassnectar, Bat For Lashes, Beach House, Blur, Cloud Nothings, Coachella, Danny Brown, Dead Can Dance, Descendents, DIIV, Dinosaur Jr, Divine Fits, Dog Blood, Dropkick Murphys, Earl Sweatshirt, El-P, Father John Misty, Foals, Franz Ferdinand, Gaslight Anthem, Ghost, Grimes, Grinderman, Grizzly Bear, Hot Chip, How to Destroy Angels, Infected Mushroom, James Blake, Janelle Monáe, Jessie Ware, Johnny Marr, Jurassic 5, Kurt Vile, Local Natives, Lou Reed, Major Lazer, Metric, Moby, Modest Mouse, New Order, Nick Cave, Of Monsters and Men, OMD, Passion Pit, Phoenix, Portugal. the Man, Postal Service, Purity Ring, Puscifer, Pusha T, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Reginwolf, Richie Hawtin, Rodriguez, Sigur Ros, Simian Mobile Disco, Skrillex, Smith Westerns, Social Distortion, Spiritualized, Stars, Stone Roses, Tame Impala, Tanlines, The Faint, The Lumineers, The xx, Thee Oh Sees, TNGHT, Trash Talk, Vampire Weekend, Violet Femmes, Wild Nothing, Wu-Tang Clan, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Yeasayer, Youth Lagoon

Anyone here going or have any tips from years gone by?

I have been told it is unreal and am definetly looking forward to it. It’s my first time at major music festival outside Ireland and also my first time on the east coast of America.

I am looking at doing the park + camp package. If so I was thinking of driving down from Alberta with a buddy and stopping off at some different spots on the east coast like San Fran and Santa Cruz on the way and then maybe head back through Vegas and Salt Lake City. I will have to check out the datasheets for where is good to stop off and party.

So anyone else heading this year???

Coachella 2013

I'm going and plan on buying my ticket tomorrow morning. It's a shame that I've lived in Southern California for most of my life and haven't gone yet...should be a good time!

Coachella 2013

i went a couple of years ago. i wasnt too impressed. first off, any alcohol past the gates costs 6 bucks. not as much drug use as one would expect. 30 min lines to take a piss.

also make sure you KNOW where you parked. me and a buddy got lost and finally found our car after 3 hours of looking for it at like 5 am.

that said its still a great time, but pregame as much as possible.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Coachella 2013

Skrillex is on the list. [Image: lol.gif]

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Coachella 2013

Personally I'm mostly excited for Wu-Tang...hoping that comes with a hologram rendition of Ol' Dirty Bastard in all his drunken/drug-induced stupor

Coachella 2013

Quote: (01-28-2013 11:54 PM)Major Tom Wrote:  

Personally I'm mostly excited for Wu-Tang...hoping that comes with a hologram rendition of Ol' Dirty Bastard in all his drunken/drug-induced stupor

Not too many names on the list that would get me excited, but Wu Tang is one of them. Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) is in my top ten all-time hip hop albums.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Coachella 2013

I went in 2003, which was early on...i suspect its gotten way more commercial and controlled. but I had a blast. honestly, i probably won't go again unless i have VIP access (hotel room, shuttle, easy entrance to private stage, etc)...its super tiring if you're drinking or whatever all day and kind of a hassle, but if you've never been i say go for it.

Red Hot Chili Peppers (I was 5 feet from the stage), White Stripes, Jack Johnson, etc... it was damned awesome. The RHCP is probably one of the top experiences as live music is concerned I've been to, especially when they are playing at midnight in the California desert in spring time with a cool light show effect going on. Back then you could buy tickets the day of at Tower records.

I've seen Wu Tang live twice, kind of a let down, they are WAY raw, basically just a bunch of shouting on stage, really a big mess..and I'm a big time Wu-banger.

Coachella 2013

I'm super bummed I'm gonna miss this year. The line up is awesome! I won't have the money after just getting back from South America, plus I'm saving up to go to Europe in July. Top 3 acts I want to see: RHCP, Puscifer, and Aesop Rock. I've been to way to many shows to count and can't even begin to think of half the acts I've seen, but RHCP is on my top 5 favs. and I have still yet to see them. I've seen just about everyone I want to see live (That's still alive), but I keep missing them, which is a shame. I feel like the longer I wait, the more new shit they are gonna play (Not that their new shit isn't good, but their OLD stuff is far superior IMO, everything up until Californication). I went to Coachella in 2005 and had a blast! haven't been since.

Coachella 2013

I am thinking of going, haven't decided yet. Still going over the lineup and talking to friends who would be interested in going.

I was really stoked for it when there were rumors for Daft Punk, but now after seeing the lineup I am a little less stoked. Not that it's bad, I mean I saw RHCP in Vancouver in 2006 and it was fucking amazing. But that's the thing I saw them already.

Also, getting there from Vancouver: by car it's 22 hr drive nonstop, by plane add another $300-$400 so it's getting pricey for a 3 day concert.

I am basically waiting for some ppl I know to say that they are serious and wanna go and then I will decide if it makes sense to do it.

"Bitches ain't nothin' but hoes and tricks"

Coachella 2013

Thanks for the info guys.

Does anyone have any tips that can help for an even more enjoyable weekend?

Any game gems that worked years gone by?

Coachella 2013

Quote: (01-28-2013 09:03 PM)bacon Wrote:  

i went a couple of years ago. i wasnt too impressed. first off, any alcohol past the gates costs 6 bucks. not as much drug use as one would expect. 30 min lines to take a piss.

that said its still a great time, but pregame as much as possible.

@bacon Yeah man it looks pretty strict with all the Do's and Dont's they have listed on the website. Sound pretty commercialized too as in you have to buy everything and can't bring in your own shit. Do people sneak in booze or can you at least "legally" bring your own beers to your tent?

Also, how would you pre-game a music festival?

Coachella 2013

My advice on sneaking in booze... One year I went to a festival in Vegas. My friend had two camel packs (If you don't already have them, don't know how much they cost, you may be better just pre gaming and buying booze). What we did was fill one bag with booze, then stuffed the inside lining where you put the liquid in from the second camel back into the same camel pack we filled the liquor with, and filled it with just a little bit of water just in case they checked to see if there was booze in it or not. I'm pretty sure they actually did check and that's why we did it. We ended up getting a full camel pack full of booze into the show and it saved us a ton of money and we got waster. It tasted pretty terrible though considering we were in 90 degree + weather and the liquor got mad warm.

Another peace of advice, there was A LOT of traffic when I went coming out from Vegas. We got there much later than we had wanted to. Leave early!

Another funny story about that show... It was a huge festival in a football stadium, and the place was packed!. We went and sat in a big group passing around some herb. We finished up and went about our business. About an hour later we decided we wanted to smoke again, but we realize that we don't have the weed! We figure we must have left it where we were smoking. We decide to go back and hope that we get lucky and find it. That we did! Crazy, in a stadium full of thousands of people, I'm guessing about 80% of which smoke pot, not one person found our weed and it was still there after an hour!

Coachella 2013

I'd probably go to see Social D and Wu Tang alone

Coachella 2013

Actually I just read the Coachella website once again and other forums and found out that:

- You can bring beer/wine in non-glass containers into the campgrounds. The NO GLASS part is what they really enforce and they frown upon bringing tons of hard liquor, but some is ok

- No outside booze or anything for that matter into the concert area

Tickets go on sale at 10am. I gotta decide fast on this. How fast do they sell out?

Coachella 2013

Heard they sold out within two hours last year.

Ya looks like I will be bringing in some liquor for sure then. Not too worried about in the concert area, I will probably be well in party mode by then anyway.

Has anyone here camped there before? I am wordering what the situation is like for pulling girls back. Although I would imagine its ideal with a lot of parties going on in different tents late into the night.

Coachella 2013

Just noticed the other tread about US festivals on which Qwest dropped this gem:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-12187.html

Quote: (05-15-2012 03:15 PM)Qwest Wrote:  

Here is the Coachella breakdown:

I was at Coachella this year for the 1st time and will definitely be going back next year as it is a gold mine. You can bang chicks there for sure with ease if your logistics are right and if you live in LA as I do you can get countless #'s for future escapades once back home.

First of all, I DEFINITELY recommend it. Did the VIP thing and found there to be countless hot chicks in there who were looking to be gamed and get fucked at their modern day Woodstock. While I am not a fan of hippies at all, you have a ton of model chicks in the VIP who dress sexy as hell but throw a couple flowers in there hair to make them "hippie". Not what I consider a hippie, so still a very viable prospect. Mind you, it is HOT, so chicks are in little shorts, bikini tops, etc with everything being revealed.

If you have access to E or Molly, definitely bring it as almost everyone is rolling on one or the other. Not saying I did, but just giving you the dope. Having some extra to throw around will pay huge dividends for you and instantly put you in good graces. Not a must, but definitely a big bonus.

Where to stay:
If you want to jump into full fur burgers and bang hippies who haven't showered in a couple days and have just been fermenting in the heat, you could bang them by the dozen in the camping area. Not my cup of tea but to each's own.

We stayed at La Quinta Legacy Villas townhomes which is a very nice, upscale gated townhome complex which is biking distance from the venue and has a great pool party during the day. Paid $3,500 for a VERY nice 3BR for 4 nights, with a patio, BBQ, and close to the pool. We biked to the venue one day as it sounded kind of fun until we showed up all sweaty. We then hired a driver the other days for $10/passenger, much better idea. To me, the pool party was just as fun as the event itself and provided countless opportunities to game, make out, and take them back to the room midday for a shot of whatever elixir they were into drinking and going for the kill. As solid logistically as it comes.

Remember this is not a hotel, but a townhome complex where EVERYONE is there for Coachella that weekend. The complex hires a DJ who plays beats all day poolside and everyone brings there own drinks from the room because they are not selling them as a hotel would. Completely allowed, just no glass poolside. We wheeled in a cooler loaded with canned beers and vodka and tequila in water bottles, and off to the races we were! This is obviously now free as opposed to a Vegas pool party where you can spend hundreds in a day no problem. The quality of the talent poolside and the energy of the party, definitely rivaled Vegas. We and most others stayed at the pool party till about 4-5PM, went back to the rooms and then went to the shows in the early evening. Met a bunch of hot rich Canadian girls there as well as countless others. Hooked up with the one Canadian girl of the bunch I targeted back in LA a couple days after the event, because by the end of the 1st day I found a different girl who ended up staying with me for the weekend and became my mini-girlfriend for a couple days. Not ideal for crushing shear numbers, but fun nevertheless. Plus, I was leaving her and going out on plenty of mini side game missions which yielded solid results.

All in all, I cant wait to get back at it next year. I will definitely be staying at the same complex as the pool party is sick and also very close to the venue where you can bring them back from there. I think that the same program will apply to most other music festivals over the summer.

InternationalSwagger, I DO have plans on crushing the one you mentioned as well unless we are off in Europe somewhere chasing fanny which is in the works as we speak.

Coachella 2013

@Irishman... 2 hours you say eh? yeah that's what I read online as well.

So I think I will jump in and get the ticket. We should join forces hehe... How big is your group?

Coachella 2013

A few of us but not certain on the number yet. Whereabouts in Canada are you based?

Coachella 2013

Quote: (01-29-2013 07:18 AM)Irishman Wrote:  

A few of us but not certain on the number yet. Whereabouts in Canada are you based?

Vancouver man. Trying to get some people to commit but it's hard. I found quite a few tickets on craigslist (from the pre-sale in July) so even if it's all sold out tomorrow if there are friends who want to go, they can go that route.

Coachella 2013

@Irishman Have you got your ticket today? Which weekend did you decide on?

Coachella 2013

Weekend Two at Coachella is now officially SOLD OUT.

Not too worry, lots of 2nd hand tickets near face value on CL and such.

Coachella 2013

Quote: (01-30-2013 04:18 PM)Gemini Wrote:  

Weekend Two at Coachella is now officially SOLD OUT.

Not too worry, lots of 2nd hand tickets near face value on CL and such.

My friends and I got 10 tix for the 2nd weekend before the acts were announced, what a disappointment when the lineup was officially announced. We're selling our 10 ticks, we've got a vacation place in Indio so it's 5 min away but the whole palm springs area is boring as fuck so we're not interested in going just for the sake of getting away been there enough times. It's just a waste of cash since we've heard of like 4 bands on the damn card, rather used the grand it'd cost me to fly out and stay there over the few days and do anything else with it. Pretty sure ours will be going on CL at face pretty soon.

Coachella 2013

I went in 2012 and 2011 and had a blast. I bought tickets for this year in the presale in mid 2012 and now I think i'm gonna sell em to friends and skip it this year.

I'm one of the few that seems to actually go for the music and this lineup just doesn't get me that excited - not that its not a good one it just doesn't have much for me to get really excited about. Plus i've seen most of the good stuff on it already.

My advice is to get a shuttle pass if you're staying at a hotel: it'll make your life very easy. I've never camped so I can't offer much advice on that.

Coachella has its own forum with tons of great and helpful threads about it:

http://www.coachella.com/forum