rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Interrupting a conversation

Have you guys ever been interrupted in a social circle conversation?

I know this guy who does it to me once in a while and it made me wonder how you should react to getting chumped when your trying to get laid.

Call him out? Reclaim the convo? seems too try hard

Withdraw?

I always ignore and then look at whoever I was speaking to with almost a piercing gaze and continue what I was talking about until that person leaves.

A humble gentleman's blog about pussy, cigars, and game.

LATEST POST:
The Problem With Nightclubs

Also check out my blog for cigar discussion and reviews.

This is a good question, but this is very case by case.

It is almost like asking how you should box an opponent.

I rarely call a guy out, but it has its place and time, I suppose. I think it is important to have all the different tools at your disposal and use the right option at the right time. Like Game and Life in general.

Here is an example of me, rolling with the punches so to speak:

Nightlife Generalship and Nightlife Princesses in Barcelona

What I typically do is act unfazed and let the cat in and then dominate him from a higher level. This is pretty advance though and can be disastrous for the inexperienced.

But these days, I am so seasoned, I feel that George Clooney could interrupt a conversation of mine and I would straight up clown him.

I would treat him like Pernell Whitaker treated his opponents in his prime:

Quote: (01-24-2013 01:42 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Pernell is the fucking man.

A humble gentleman's blog about pussy, cigars, and game.

LATEST POST:
The Problem With Nightclubs

Also check out my blog for cigar discussion and reviews.

In this specific situation, you refer to it as "getting chumped." You obviously aren't on amicable relations with this guy, and he also thinks that he can step all over you, he senses weakness and does not respect you.

I would say that it doesn't matter what you do, as long as you don't get thrown off your game.
Obviously this guy threw you off your game.

Your problem is that you do not feel confident around competition. Basically you need to work on inner game. If you aren't confident around competition, you aren't confident at all.

When you do have confidence, and competition arises, you can treat it a number of ways, it all depends on what you are aiming for.
If the priority of the night is to get laid, I'm probably going to shut down that competition immediately by simply ignoring them (As this conversation should be with you and some girls, with some guy randomly butting in), and continuing the conversation as if the interruption never happened.
If the priority of the night is to have a good time, I know that there are other girls that I want to test out, i'd welcome the guy into the conversation, if he's weak, he'd get pushed out of the conversation fairly fast, or if he is cool i'd use that to my advantage and make us both look good.

Quote: (01-24-2013 02:12 PM)johnwu Wrote:  

In this specific situation, you refer to it as "getting chumped." You obviously aren't on amicable relations with this guy, and he also thinks that he can step all over you, he senses weakness and does not respect you.

I would say that it doesn't matter what you do, as long as you don't get thrown off your game.

Your problem is that you do not feel confident around competition. Basically you need to work on inner game. If you aren't confident around competition, you aren't confident at all.

When you do have confidence, and competition arises, you can treat it a number of ways, it all depends on what you are aiming for.
If the priority of the night is to get laid, I'm probably going to shut down that competition immediately by simply ignoring them (As this conversation should be with you and some girls, with some guy randomly butting in), and continuing the conversation as if the interruption never happened.
If the priority of the night is to have a good time, I know that there are other girls that I want to test out, i'd welcome the guy into the conversation, if he's weak, he'd get pushed out of the conversation fairly fast, or if he is cool i'd use that to my advantage and make us both look good.

He is actually a good friend of mine - he just gets bored of conversations that aren't relevant to him. He does have a high level of social mastery though - if anything I'm friends with him to pick up some of that.

How would you ignore the guy if he captured the attention of the girls you were talking to?

Cozos: "so then I went-"
Other guy: "hey guys bla bla bla"
Girls: "That's so cool! How did you-"
Cozos: "SO anyways.. back to my awesome topic"

Seems like a pissing contest to me

@GM

What do you mean by "dominate from a high level"?

Quote: (01-24-2013 04:36 PM)cozos Wrote:  

Quote: (01-24-2013 02:12 PM)johnwu Wrote:  

He is actually a good friend of mine - he just gets bored of conversations that aren't relevant to him. He does have a high level of social mastery though - if anything I'm friends with him to pick up some of that.

How would you ignore the guy if he captured the attention of the girls you were talking to?

Cozos: "so then I went-"
Other guy: "hey guys bla bla bla"
Girls: "That's so cool! How did you-"
Cozos: "SO anyways.. back to my awesome topic"

Seems like a pissing contest to me
If he is you good friend, you should be working with him...
When I am out with one of my good friends, we are always building off each other, making ourselves look even better.
If I take the conversation in a certain direction, he can keep going with me.
Occasionally we will start ripping on each other, but you should be able to handle that, and it usually turns into witty banter anyways.
Actually my friends and I rip on each other all the time, if you can't handle it, you're a bitch.

Now for the scenario you proposed.
From my experience, most guys are out to get laid, they are not out to actively piss on you, unless you invite it.

If I see some hot girls with some weak guy, I'm going to move in on that, my mind set is that the girls have the honor of speaking to me, and I should go let them have that honor, I am the prize, they aren't.

So I am going to move onto any group of people where there is an attractive woman to me, regardless of the scenario going on.

If I see some girls looking disinterested, that is a screaming invitation.
So if you are with some girls, and they aren't that engaged in the conversation, someone is going to move on that.

If I see a group of people that are really into the conversation, I'm going to move in on that, they are having fun, I am fun, I belong with them.

Once i'm in the conversation, i'll find out instantly if you can keep up or not. If you cannot talk about things that I'm talking about (aka keep up with me), or get one of the girls interested in your own conversation, then you lose.

Conclusion: If you cannot play at a high level, isolate as soon as possible and escalate.

I rarely call a guy out, but it has its place and time, I suppose. I think it is important to have all the different tools at your disposal and use the right option at the right time. Like Game and Life in general.

What I typically do is act unfazed and let the cat in and then dominate him from a higher level. This is pretty advance though and can be disastrous for the inexperienced.

But these days, I am so seasoned, I feel that George Clooney could interrupt a conversation of mine and I would straight up clown him.

I don't think you can really clown George Clooney. He's one of the most charming guys around. Sharp, experienced, witty, wealthy, famous....not sure how you would "dominate him from a higher level" but maybe you know something I don't.

Quote: (01-24-2013 01:35 PM)cozos Wrote:  

Have you guys ever been interrupted in a social circle conversation?

I know this guy who does it to me once in a while and it made me wonder how you should react to getting chumped when your trying to get laid.

Call him out? Reclaim the convo? seems too try hard

Withdraw?

DO Not withdraw, that makes you look beta and weak. What you do is you completely ignore his ass and speak over him to the girl you are talking to, that will lower his value and if he continues trying to interrupt you, you can:

A: Grab the girls hand or lift her up and walk away

B: Ignore again and continue speaking louder

Watch the way Bill Maher handles Bill O'Reilly in conversation. I think there are a few videos of them together that you can watch on YouTube.

My favorite line was something, said with a smirk, along the lines of:

"Go ahead, finish your interruption."

Basically, I like it because it shows that the other guy is being a dick, but in an amusing way to which he can't really object.

I've dealt with this exact situation multiple times. I tend to choose friends who are already pretty good with girls so I am constantly dealing with these types of issues. If they just do it once, I'll give them a very obvious look, then glance at the other people in the room and give them the same one. If it happens multiple times, I will always bring it up. "So...." and I wait to be acknowledged. If I'm not acknowledged, I'll maybe try once more, if that doesn't work then I start to interrupt the dude. "So, since you're always interrupting people, I guess that means you think what you have to say is so much more important than anyone else, why is that?" (there's no good answer to this question because it always makes the person sound try-hard or full of themselves)-- The way you deliver this line is going to be of utmost importance because if you get drowned out again while trying to deliver it you are going to feel really stupid and probably will get angry and end up looking like a tool. You have to be loud to drown out the other person and make it clear you aren't going to be disrespected.

Almost immediately you are going to get him backtracking or make an apology. I've never had this not work and it seems to continue to keep people from interrupting me in the future as well. I always portray myself as someone deserving of respect though, if you don't look at yourself this way or treat interactions with other people this way then it's definitely not going to work for you.

Quote: (01-24-2013 07:10 PM)polymath Wrote:  

I don't think you can really clown George Clooney. He's one of the most charming guys around. Sharp, experienced, witty, wealthy, famous....not sure how you would "dominate him from a higher level" but maybe you know something I don't.

Yeah, I could.

First off he is an actor.

I am an International Playboy. If he is lucky, he might play ME in a movie someday.

I am coming from a higher level from the jump.