rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Changes You've Noticed In The Manosphere Vs. Feminists Debate

So, as Roosh predicted, 2013 is definitely looking like the year the whole "red pill" worldview will get big.

The signs in the broader culture are obvious:

- Increasing coverage in blogs like DailyKos, Taki Mag, etc.

- Roosh's 9 ugly feminists piece going viral

- New redpill subreddit.

Etc.

However, what I'm really interested in is how all this is playing out on the ground. That is to say, in regular peoples' social circles. I'm curious to hear what you guys have to say. Here's what I'm noticing:

1. More and more guys ARE speaking out, but it's still not that many.

Whereas before only the fratboy types would ever call women out on anything, now you do get a few nerds joining in as well. However,

2. Most former blue pill types seem to get shouted down pretty fast.

At least on Facebook and stuff. The pattern I'll see again and again is, they'll make a facebook update about (say) female domestic violence against men and eventually end up apologizing after a feminist uses some basic name calling and shaming tactics on them. But on a more positive note...

3. The more alpha dudes who would previously just make jokes about drunk chicks or whatever, now engage in more serious political commentary.

One thing I hear commonly from this set is the false rape accusation thing. Typically these guys will not get shouted down, but my one close friend has said he's lost probably 50 facebook friends over the past year because of the stuff he's posted.

So the debate is definitely moving forward. Overall I'd say these developments are encouraging, though hardly reason to declare victory just yet. What would you guys say?

Until Women's Studies is removed as a liberal arts major from Universities across the world, we haven't won. I don't think we ever will win. The world is becoming increasingly Westernized, and with that comes the spread of feminism. NGO's are treating women's rights as a top priority in third world countries. Though it might be necessary due to actual rape being a legitimate issue, proponents of the idea of women as victims will attempt to find any place to justify their toxic ideology.

This happened last week: A group of 25 men turned up dressed in skirts, at Cubbon Park, Bangalore City. Their goal: to educate the world that a particular dress does not lead to sexual harassment or rape of a woman and to champion women’s right to “wear” what mattered to her. They pledged: “I promise that I will be sensitive to gender issues in the way I speak and act. I promise not to be passive. I will step in if I hear offensive speech or views. If I see something wrong happen in front of me, I will create a discussion and talk about my beliefs.”

White knights of the world, unite..

[Image: 481260_10151357661204267_1345482529_n.jpg]

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1...=1&theater

Feminism is spreading to Brazil, it's spreading to India, it's spreading to Eastern Europe (Femin).... only Africa and Northeast Asia remains untouched?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I have noticed that while it will take a while to revert the changes that 50 years of feminism has brought, it is slowly reversing with more "men" focused things starting to become important.

This is really seen online, where you have popular trends starting even among blue pill men as evident by increasing gym membership, areas online that attract a lot of users, manosphere, barstoolsports, numerous fitness websites, art of manliness.

Of course often when these men online regions become popular we see a bit of beta or blue pill attitudes, which I have seen on popular subreddits such as r/mfa and r/seduction.

Eventually once people see that actually catering to men can yield social and economic benefits, we will hopefully revert the damage feminism has done.

I'm already seeing it personally economically, as very often items or catering to men brings a higher profit. Here where I live, a lot of retail stores are benefiting from catering to men.

The backlash we're seeing is something that is mainly carried outside mainstream media. The faster we can kill off print media (I don't hold the same hope for TV) the better.

Quote: (01-22-2013 02:43 AM)Emancipator Wrote:  

I'm already seeing it personally economically, as very often items or catering to men brings a higher profit. Here where I live, a lot of retail stores are benefiting from catering to men.

I'm sorry but I don't see this at all. Women are defintely the most attractive consumers in a high number of markets. Many of them might be shopping on hubby's money but they are definitely the ones making a lot of purchasing decisions.

Quote: (01-22-2013 03:05 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

The backlash we're seeing is something that is mainly carried outside mainstream media. The faster we can kill off print media (I don't hold the same hope for TV) the better.

Quote: (01-22-2013 02:43 AM)Emancipator Wrote:  

I'm sorry but I don't see this at all. Women are defintely the most attractive consumers in a high number of markets. Many of them might be shopping on hubby's money but they are definitely the ones making a lot of purchasing decisions.
this is true, hence why there are 4 times as many shops catering to women than there are to men.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

I wasn't sure if women's studies or gender studies was an option in the UK. Seems I was wrong. I've been reading the women's studies syllabus for Oxford...What a bullshit degree.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Gradual change my friend.
A lot more options today than 10 years ago.

Feminism will disappear once the lights go out and the plumbing backs up.

Quote: (01-22-2013 01:59 PM)Emancipator Wrote:  

Seeing how more and more women are getting educated and receiving higher paying jobs I don't see how what you're saying will come true.

Quote: (01-22-2013 03:15 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

Quote: (01-22-2013 01:59 PM)Emancipator Wrote:  

Seeing how more and more women are getting educated and receiving higher paying jobs I don't see how what you're saying will come true.

If marriage rates continue to decline, then men's spending will definitely rise regardless of how much money women make.

In fact, it's possible for both men and women's spending rates to rise in tandem.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Quote: (01-22-2013 04:10 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

If marriage rates continue to decline, then men's spending will definitely rise regardless of how much money women make.

In fact, it's possible for both men and women's spending rates to rise in tandem.

The claim was that it is more profitable to cater to men than women. Which is just plain wrong since it would be entirely dependant upon market. Heck, if I ever start a business I will definitely cater to women, easier to separate from their money!

Quote: (01-22-2013 04:30 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

Quote: (01-22-2013 04:10 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

The claim was that it is more profitable to cater to men than women. Which is just plain wrong since it would be entirely dependant upon market. Heck, if I ever start a business I will definitely cater to women, easier to separate from their money!

His claim was,

Quote:Quote:

'm already seeing it personally economically, as very often items or catering to men brings a higher profit. Here where I live, a lot of retail stores are benefiting from catering to men.

So, he's not saying that it will always be more profitable to cater to men over women, but that sometimes it will be.

I can't disagree. But I do agree with you that appealing to women is definitely necessary to stay competitive in most markets; no sense in turning down $$$$$$$$$$

I was just pointing out that personally, working at a department store, am seeing a strategy shift to go for more mensware items that have a higher margin than some of the merchandise carried in ladiesware. Of course, in terms of overallprofit due to volume, ladiesware still out grosses mensware.

I never directly compared lady spending vs. men spending, I'm just pointing out that there is a market for catering to men, and because that market demands higher quality and is still a small market niche, someone can achieve a higher margin.

For example, here in Canada, Harry Rosen's success for higher end male fashion, has caused other retailers to take notice and adjust their market needs.
Nordstrom's expansion into the country will have a strong menfocus, and holt renfrew another higher end retailer, noticed that catering to men can be quite profitable, and as such they are going to introduce new bags (their bags are super pink), and introduce "Men" grooming stations.
Hudson's Bay decided to go push for higher margin products, and in their first phase of expansion had focused on the younger demographic with TopShop/TopMan, and after noticing that their women focused super high end shopping area "the room" decided to expand and renovate an entire level just for mensware.
Aritzia, a store catered to woman, will introduce new stores and a new brand to target men, after seeing how successful BoysCo and J2 have been here,

As I said, the market for quality men items has really increased when compared to say ten years ago.

I admit, I'm not a good writer, and as such I apologize if I was not clear.