rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Whiten your teeth and Get Fresher Breath Naturally-Girls Dig It

Besides the confidence, game etc, It definitely helps if you have proper hygiene when you talk to girls, it shows that you are not a bum and you actually take care of yourself.

Yellow teeth and bad breath are one of the worst combinations when you are talking to a girl. A buddy of mine was making out with a girl and she literally said "your breath smells like shit", obviously that can be a huge turn-off because making out with a girl usually leads to a way better shot at getting laid at the end of the night. People don't realize that yellow teeth and bad breath(some people have it naturally) can easily be fixed without having to pay for "white strips" or mouthwash.

The next time you are in the bathroom and reaching for your toothpaste try brushing your teeth with baking soda instead. Baking soda has been proven to work to not only whiten teeth but freshen your breath. It has been used for a long time, the only reason why there are no advisement for this is because no one can profit from it.

"What is Baking Soda and How does it Work?
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate is a white, crystalline, slightly alkaline powder that bears semblance to washing soda. This weakly alkaline baking soda, when dissolved in water, releases free radicals. When baking soda-water mixture is put into the mouth, the free radicals from the mixture interact with the stain molecules on the teeth enamel (outer layer of the teeth) and scrape off the yellow and brown stains on the teeth. Thus, baking soda breaks down the discoloration of the teeth, thereby brightening and whitening the teeth that have been built up from drinking tea, coffee, colas, chewing tobacco and smoking."

"Benefits of Brushing Teeth with Baking Soda
Besides scraping off the stains on the teeth conduced by consumption of beverages like coffee, tea, etc. baking soda also removes plaque from the teeth. Plaque removal prevents the teeth from decaying and also freshens the breath. Moreover, the aspect about baking powder that makes it so popular is its affordability. Baking soda is one of the cheapest commercial teeth whiteners present in the market today. One box of baking soda costs somewhere near a dollar, and this one box can be used for over a hundred brushings. Overall, brushing with baking soda is believed to enhance dental health."

It is simple all you have to do is wet the toothbrush properly in some cold water and dip it into the baking soda. Brush your teeth for 2 minutes and then rinse your mouth with clean water.

You will see white teeth by week 1, I suggest everyone to give this a try for a week or two, I can tell you that I have brushed my teeth with baking soda for more than a year now and it works.

Stay Fresh my friends.

Does it work on veneers/crowns?

Are you brushing with baking soda every day? Or is it more of an once in a while thing? And doesn't baking soda harm the enamel, or is that a myth?

Oil pulling is a great way to whiten your teeth and freshen your breath, while getting rid of plaque. Just get some coconut oil and slowly swish it around your mouth for 15-20 mins.

Bad breath is truly a game killer. Nowadays I get paranoid if a girl starts glancing at my mouth in a nonsexual way while we're talking.

Baking soda eh? Is there anything else it's good for?

Quote: (01-21-2013 11:22 PM)LooTa Wrote:  

lol I'm guessing this is sarcasm... [Image: huh.gif]

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Hydrogen peroxide keeps your breath fresh and makes your teeth whiter.

Ugh, RVF is good for a lot of things, but dental advice is severely lacking.

I am going to bust a data-sheet soon on a couple things...

To start, brushing your teeth w/only baking soda is a recipe for disaster. Baking soda is an abrasive salt. Enamel is like glass. When you brush w/baking soda you scrape off stains, but brush long enough and you can strip enamel.

Hell, even if you use a hard T-brush you can strip enamel after 10 years. Trust me, I have seen all of this and plenty of other stupidity.

@MattC- porcelain is permanent. The superficial layer may stain after a few years, but be very very careful w/bleaching as porcelain doesn't whiten. Porcelain is similar to what your toilets/dinner plates are made out of.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

DVY, it sounds like you're a dentist or orthodontist? What's your opinion on the Zoom whitening system? I'm thinking of having that done when I get home.

"Okay (and I'm laughing now, because this is so funny), so we're A) not supposed to give you flowers, B) pay you compliments, or C) look at you. Anything else? Because I'm struggling to figure out the reason why after hearing that, I'm feeling like I'd rather get fucked in the ass by a Cape Buffalo than ever have to sit through dinner with you. Maybe you can figure it out for me. When you do, let me know. I'll be at Natasha's house."

Quote: (01-22-2013 12:43 AM)DVY Wrote:  

To start, brushing your teeth w/only baking soda is a recipe for disaster. Baking soda is an abrasive salt. Enamel is like glass. When you brush w/baking soda you scrape off stains, but brush long enough and you can strip enamel.

Hell, even if you use a hard T-brush you can strip enamel after 10 years. Trust me, I have seen all of this and plenty of other stupidity.

@MattC- porcelain is permanent. The superficial layer may stain after a few years, but be very very careful w/bleaching as porcelain doesn't whiten. Porcelain is similar to what your toilets/dinner plates are made out of.

Please do, would love some specific advice on this - especially breaking down different products you can buy, getting an idea of how long to use them and what to expect.

Way too many advertising dollars at work to get a solid honest picture via google search.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

If you want to have amazingly fresh breath and immaculately healthy teeth and gums, don't fuck around with abrasive stuff like baking soda or lemon juice, or folk remedies like this "oil pulling"... Buy yourself a water pick.

[Image: WP-100.png]

Uses a tiny jet of pressurized water and a set of a few different attachment ends to brush your teeth, blast shit out from between your gums (way more efficiently and thoroughly than flossing does), and scrape morning gunk off your tongue, which is one of the biggest contributors to bad breath. As an added bonus, regular usage will make your gums larger and healthier.

For combatting bad breath, always brush your tongue and the roof of your mouth when you brush your teeth.

"Putting baking soda in the vagina of a rabbit was proved to affect the sex ratio of its babies as early as 1932."

Quote: (01-22-2013 05:33 AM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

If you want to have amazingly fresh breath and immaculately healthy teeth and gums, don't fuck around with abrasive stuff like baking soda or lemon juice, or folk remedies like this "oil pulling"... Buy yourself a water pick.

Uses a tiny jet of pressurized water and a set of a few different attachment ends to brush your teeth, blast shit out from between your gums (way more efficiently and thoroughly than flossing does), and scrape morning gunk off your tongue, which is one of the biggest contributors to bad breath. As an added bonus, regular usage will make your gums larger and healthier.

Have you been using this? For how long?

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

Quote: (01-22-2013 01:45 AM)deuce Wrote:  

DVY, it sounds like you're a dentist or orthodontist? What's your opinion on the Zoom whitening system? I'm thinking of having that done when I get home.

I did Zoom about 5 years back. I definitely brightens your teeth,a lot! I found it painful though and only did two rounds,had to pass on the third. I don't know what DVY will say about how good it is for teeth health etc. but for results it is great. Bright white teeth. Results last too in my experience.

I might try the baking soda thing once a day for a couple of weeks or something, but I'll wait until I've got some enamel strengthening toothpaste to go along with it. Aiming for sparkling teeth by the end of the year

Gout.

I have been experimenting with all kinds of different techniques over the last 13 years or so. I have been to the dentist once in that time which was about 6 years ago. Just wanted to see if I was on the right track with all the natural things I have tried, they seem to be working. I have no cavities, no fillings and no plaque build up.

I think dentistry is by far the most archaic of all the medical practices. I mean for fuck sakes they still use mercury for fillings. So my eyes tend to glaze over when I hear a dentist speak.

As for what I have been doing, the main things are avoid fluoride at all costs, I usually use a toothpaste that I make which is simply baking soda and coconut oil, rinse with hydrogen peroxide from time to time and I either mix in a little oil pulling or the best thing I find is manuka honey. My gums feel and look great after rinsing with manuka honey for 10 minutes.

As for scratching and wearing down the enamel with something like baking soda, I can't really see it. I am mean enamel is supposed to be one of the hardest substances on the planet, so how is a grain of baking soda going to scratch it ? Also for the record I supplement heavy with sunshine, vitamin d3 and get all my minerals, which i'm sure have a huge impact on my dental health.

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

@BIGINJAPAN- you probably had fluoridated water as a kid. The most vulnerable time to get cavities is between the ages of 6-18 or 60+.

If you dont have cavities by then, and no problems, you likely are not suspectible to dental bacteria. Good health and hygenie will hep. That being said, there are some people who dont brush or floss and have perfect teeth.

Dont draw conclusions from 1 case.

That being said, whatever works is working for you. No need to change it. When you start getting cavities (I would say around 50 years old because of lowering salivary function), its time to start listening...

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Quote: (01-22-2013 11:58 AM)DVY Wrote:  

@BIGINJAPAN- you probably had fluoridated water as a kid. The most vulnerable time to get cavities is between the ages of 6-18 or 60+.

If you dont have cavities by then, and no problems, you likely are not suspectible to dental bacteria. Good health and hygenie will hep. That being said, there are some people who dont brush or floss and have perfect teeth.

Dont draw conclusions from 1 case.

That being said, whatever works is working for you. No need to change it. When you start getting cavities (I would say around 50 years old because of lowering salivary function), its time to start listening...

I sure didn't have fluoridated water as a kid. My parents still live in the tiny town and they do not have fluoridated water.

Are you dentist ? Are you not aware of what and where the fluoride comes from that goes into the water supply ? Obviously not because you wouldn't be using that as an argument for my teeth.

The water supply is not treated with pharmaceutical grade calcium fluoride. They dump in sodium fluoride which is an industrial waste product that also contains upwards of 250 other hazardous chemicals.

http://www.fluoridealert.org/articles/fluoride-facts/

be sure to check out number 7. It is a widely known fact although I have yet to meet a dentist that realizes fluoride in the water supply comes from industrial waste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xHPjB0BZ_s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiBmmywctVE

Quote: (01-22-2013 12:43 AM)DVY Wrote:  

Baking soda is abrasive but it is not enough to damage teeth enamel, you are also forgetting that baking soda is water soluble which means water naturally breaks down the baking soda, so there is no way it is potent enough to damage teeth whatsoever. Infact, there is it reduces tooth loss.

http://medicalconsumers.org/2010/08/18/h...ooth-loss/

Quote: (01-22-2013 05:33 AM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

This is bad for your teeth, hard brushing will damage your teeth and wear down enamel and like I replied above baking soda is not abrasive enough to cause any damage to teeth whatsoever and it is water soluble so it breaks down in water naturally, companies just say that you will have to spend numerous dollars on a silly gadget you have above, that thing probably cost $100+ and will not get you nearly the result.

I think dentists use the " theory " that baking soda, salt and brushing too hard causes you to destroy your enamel. You know that substance on your teeth that is about 10 times harder than any of those mentioned above. I don't think they ever stop to consider it might be fluoride causing the damage.

[quote] (01-22-2013 01:02 PM)BIGINJAPAN Wrote:  

[quote='DVY' pid='353506' dateline='1358873898'

I sure didn't have fluoridated water as a kid. My parents still live in the tiny town and they do not have fluoridated water.

Well water still has flouride. At least 75% population of USA is covered by public fluoridation.

Are you dentist ? Yes

Are you not aware of what and where the fluoride comes from that goes into the water supply ? Obviously not because you wouldn't be using that as an argument for my teeth. Yes- industrial grade fluoride. Made in large tubs to reduce price like everything else in America.

The water supply is not treated with pharmaceutical grade calcium fluoride. They dump in sodium fluoride which is an industrial waste product that also contains upwards of 250 other hazardous chemicals. Wrong flouride buddy, Calcium Floride is fairly insoluble because of strong electron bonds. Fluoride supplements used is Sodium Fluoride (Whats wrong with sodium floride- salt is sodium chloride. Sodium is sodium). You want flouride ion to integrate with bones.

http://www.fluoridealert.org/articles/fluoride-facts/

be sure to check out number 7. It is a widely known fact although I have yet to meet a dentist that realizes fluoride in the water supply comes from industrial waste. I wouldnt say industrial waste, I would say industrial byproduct. You know what else is an industrial by-product- WHEY, brewers yeast, mineral oil, gelatin, etc etc. Its not like it this is polluted industrial waste that is run-off from fields. Its made in large tubs. What do you think makes most of your stuff- industrial byproducts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xHPjB0BZ_s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiBmmywctVE

At work, cant watch it now. I suspect more fearmongering.

In recap, over-fluoridation has serious side-effects at extremely high concetrations. This happens w/flouride-rich ground water [b]NOT flouridated tap water. The effects of over-fluoridation can affect thyroid, bones, and there are some links to decreased IQ.

A high percentage of over-fluoridation has been attributed to run-off from agriculutural wastes, pesticides, insecticides which flows into groundwater (see the correlation). Most flouride poisioning cases are due to children touching/swallowing insect or rat poison. These used to be sprayed indiscrimately....On a side note, farmers aren't very smart. They would overspray their fields w/double pesticides. If one is good, why not two...hahah etc.

@Insignia- read your article. Baking soda is still an abrasive. I wouldnt brush exclusively w/it. Yes baking soda stops periodontal disease but thats not my point. I dont think you understand what is the explanation fullly.

Baking soda- abrasive. Not recommended due to stripping of enamel.

Baking soda rinse- fine. Its buffers acidity which is a pre-requisite for certain cariogenic (cavity-forming) bacteria whose preferred pH environment is acidic. A common tactic for kids dentist is to give a block of cheese to a kid after juice, so the basic cheese balances the acidity of juice.

Hydrogen peroxide is a good anti-bacterial. kills off bacteria HENCE why bad breath is eliminated.
[/quote]

Surgeon generals report from 1994- 1 dollar invested in flouride equals 38 dollars saved for poor/children. http://www.cdc.gov/Fluoridation/pdf/SGstatement.pdf