rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sharing your honest opinion

Hey,

In a dating/LTR context, what do you think about sharing your honest opinion with your GF?

Examples would be:

* This song is so good, it makes me happy (New Beyonce or LMFAO track)
* I luv this artist, I want to hang a painting of his/hers on my wall in the future. (You think the artwork is crap)
* What do you think about XXX (fashion item, movie etc)

Im mainly suggesting trivial stuff.

My own feeling is that it sometimes is good to disagree - if I'd always agree, it would kind of put me in a beta spot.

There seems to be a fine line to disagreement though. Whether disagreeing and amplifying (wow, thats such an overrated artist - if you'd mention Picasso, i'm all about it) or just being neutral...

I'd say being neutral is best (about stuff that you don't like that doesn't directly affect you, not stuff like her getting a Skrillex) is the way to go. Why spark confrontations over tiny details? You wouldn't do it with a stranger, friend or a family member, I don't see the need to do it with a GF.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

You shouldn't be worried about disagreeing with her. She should be worried about disagreeing with you. You are the leader. You are the man.

Just grunt.

No way, you dont have to be a dick, but ALWAYS say what you mean. She will like you for not suplicating. This is like game 101.

Depends on the nature of the relationship I suppose, if you have a good level of banter back and forth you can agree with her but in a slightly sarcastic way. I wouldn't want to date a girl that got legitimately offended if I wasn't crazy about everything she liked.

just raise an eyebrow

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Part of our culture of narcissism is the need most people feel to express their opinions and desperately seek the approval of others. Want to set yourself apart from the average chode? Don't ask anyone's opinion on anything, and don't give yours. Your actions shouldn't be influenced by the opinions of others anyway, and there's very little to be gained by telling people what you're thinking. This goes especially with women. Never tell women what you're thinking. Make them try to figure it out by your actions. It drives them crazy.

Vito Corleone said it well.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

It's good to be diplomatic, and in a relationship, you don't really need to assert yourself constantly on trivial shit.

There is a way to express your opinion without walking all over someone else's.

She says: This song is so good, it makes me happy (New LMFAO track)
I say: It's not terrible. But I can't listen to it too many times or else my head starts party rocking. (She's just sharing her opinion, why kill her vibe)

She says: I luv this artist, I want to hang a painting of his/hers on my wall in the future. (You think the artwork is crap)
I say: I don't know, I think I like that one over there *points* (Art is made to be judged. Unless she's actually buying it, there's little need to object, but agreeing for no reason is equally unneeded)

She says: What do you think about XXX (fashion item, movie etc)
I say my opinion, without bashing the artist unless it's deserved. (What's the point of questions if they don't beget good answers?)

Juggler once wrote something about how you don't want to punish a girl for asking you questions, because it discourages her curiosity in you.

In my opinion, staying neutral (presumably out of fear that your answer will have consequences by being either too acquiescent or too argumentative) is almost as bad as always agreeing.

No reason to be dishonest IMO.

Just have some tact about it and don't say "that fucking sucks" when you can just say "it isn't really my thing"

Don't try to be an asshole if you are not, that will come off as fake and the girl will lose attraction. Just be natural and say what is on your mind, game is not about lying to girls but its about style, confidence, charmisa, alphaness, so as long as your convey that, it doesn't matter what you have to say.

In my opinion, always thinking about what to say, or coming up with "pick up lines or replies", limits creativity greatly and that just conveys you as a beta that cares what the girl thinks about your opinion.