rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I have stuck around?

A friend and I went out to some bars a few nights back.

Tl;dr, I opened a group of 3 girls by walking up to their table and sitting down and saying what's up.

I had their interest initially(One of the girls said I was ballsy) but was a little too anxious and blew myself out.

Even though the girls weren't interested my buddy didn't want to leave. I got up and left him behind.

That leads me to the point of the thread. I got up and scoped out the patio. I saw two hot girls sitting at a table laughing. Like a pussy seeking missile, I walked over and sat down next the hotter one. I said "Oh hey guys" This one girl laughs and goes heyy! So i'm all like "Don't mind me, I'm just waiting on a friend. I'll be out of here in 30 seconds." She says "Should I start the countdown?"

"Yeah sure" I say.

"I'm not a math major =D"

So then I swivel my body so I'm facing them more directly and bump elbows with the blond girl. Before that I was sitting at an angle. I went to work and chatted them up for a while. It was going really well.

Anyways, these two huge white guys (both were at least 6'4+ andwell over 200lbs of muscle) walked over to the table; they had four drinks in hand. I said what's up to them and they stared at me without saying anything. I couldn't just get up and leave like a pussy so I say "Oh look these guys brought you drinks how nice. What did he get you?" And I pointed at the girls drink next to me.

I sat there and kept talking to the girls for at-least another five minutes The whole time, the two big guys just stood there not saying a word. The bigger one walked around and stood right next to me. I noticed the guy in front of me kept looking at me with this look that said "We are about to fuck you up" So I say "I'm feeling a little tension, are these guys your boyfriends. Should I leave?" The girl in front leans over the table exposing her massive cleavage to me and says "haha no they hit on us first but you should stay [Image: smile.gif]"

The guy who was giving me the stink eye started mocking me and so I was like "Ahhh yeah I think I should leave now."

And I left. Should I have stuck around[Image: angry.gif]? I could have suggested a five-some and seen if they were down with it?

Damn it.

Yes you should have stayed. Kept your cool, kept them laughing. Those guys would have gotten uncomfortable standing there like a couple of goons and wandered on off.

[Image: tumblr_m50psoxmpU1qipqzo.gif]

It was a smart thing that you found out they weren't the boyfriends or friends, but usually you can tell if the girls know the guys by the reception they give.

If it's some random guy, I'd just pretend they aren't even there. Even if it's a friend, I'll say "hey what's up man" and turn back and continue spitting at the girl. Of course I won't be a total dick. I'll engage him periodically and be like "haha yeah man" then ignore him and turn back to the girl. If he's still there, like a statue, just grab her hand and tell her to follow you and isolate her somewhere.

Tough call.
I think it's good etiquette to avoid situations where you're encroaching on some other guy's "claim" as it were, and apparently they approached them first... But, the chicks were obviously more interested in you than them.

Violence is definitely best avoided though (mostly for legal reasons), so, I think you were smart for booking it when you got vibes.
There is no pussy on Earth worth getting in a fight over. [Image: tongue.gif]

Hard for anyone else to accurately gauge the threat you were facing from your story, but I would have stuck around and called their bluff. Looking menacing is one thing, but if that doesn't work they need to escalate. How far are they willing to go?

If they smash you, they get kicked out, you get sympathy and maybe the notch.
If they don't, you've demonstrated your fearlessness in staring down 2 giants - the notch is yours.

Quote: (01-17-2013 01:54 AM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

Tough call.
I think it's good etiquette to avoid situations where you're encroaching on some other guy's "claim" as it were, and apparently they approached them first... But, the chicks were obviously more interested in you than them.

Violence is definitely best avoided though (mostly for legal reasons), so, I think you were smart for booking it when you got vibes.
There is no pussy on Earth worth getting in a fight over. [Image: tongue.gif]

It's the motherfucking law of the jungle in these places. If a predator leaves his kill unattended, it's gonna get taken away by another one. I've taken girls away from guys. I've had girls taken away by guys with tighter game than me. No hard feelings. It's just part of the game.

Fights very rarely break out over shit like this. When is the last time you saw a club that hot girls consistently frequent where a fight broke out inside the bar/club? Bouncers are there to make sure, and they can sense trouble even before it starts. Some bouncers are looking for guys to start shit so they can drag them out and throw their asses out on the street because they fucking love it.

Kickboxer, you just succumbed to the social pressure. It's not a big deal. You can work on it by getting more out of your comfort zone and doing sets that you feel will be more difficult. Then when those situations arise again, you are prepared for them. IMHO those guys wouldn't have done shit because them getting emotional towards you and talking shit and you not even looking at them or being worried about it lowers their value and they can feel it. the vast majority of guys will just walk away. I've been on both sides of that and I know the sinking feeling of being ignored by someone who has locked you out. But I also know how powerful of a tool it is to lock someone and ignore them while they are still trying to get your attention.

It's called being ice cold. Nothing phases you. It makes girls wet.

There is a thread on here persistance vs pussy begging.

My definition of persistance is pushing the interaction literally as far as it can possibly go. If I feel the social pressure, and a bit of anxiety, let I let it wash over me and get used to it. Plow through that shit, and you've just become a better man.

I love a good story. I say stay. They may be big guys but they're still betas. They didn't do or say anything to you. They even bought drinks!!

Team Nachos

It's a tough position to be in. From your story it's clear how these goons would have overwhelmed you if things were to escalate physically. I would have gone with something to defuse the situation but still somewhat cocky "Sorry guys I understand you were here first but I can't deny these ladies the pleasure of my company, you feel me?"

I would have stayed, but as Ugslayer mentioned the social is pressure is high.

A lot would also depend on my read on the guys. I will say this though, the vast majority of the time the guys are just using intimidation and have no real intention of doing anything physical. A lot would also depend on the venue and what type of people go there.

From reading the story though, the guys were just posturing to get you to leave. The girls confirmed they were random dudes who just hit on them and bought them drinks, so fuck em.

they bought drinks

you should have spoke to them for a bit, AMOG'd them even subtly, things only women would pick up on, you should have stayed and dominated the conversation in the group and if they still hung around you could have exited with number closes on the girls and then left

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Kickboxer: Two lessons are to be learned from this experience- start working out and learn some sort of self defense or martial art. Im guessing by your post you're a slender guy and dont have much combat experience and that's the reason why you left. Im not saying if you were buff and had Jackie Chan level skills that you should begin swinging everytime a similar situation comes along but at least mentally you would know you can hold your own if a physical confrontation escalated.

Ha I almost included in the post that I'm a white belt in taekwondo. I could have been yellow, but I skipped too many classes .

The guy who trained me was a stunt double in Teenage mutant ninja turtles 2 (he was one of the turtles) and was in a few movies in Korea. Basically, I'm a lethal weapon.

Tough situation, but remember: Stand your ground (easier said than done, i know)
Colombus got first to America, but it wasn't colonized by italian/spanish.

You should have done what you wanted to do like those dudes were two gay friends got which ever number you wanted or isolated one of the girls if the other one thought you were cool she would have ran a pic for you. Say hey I want you to meet XX and excuse her from the table then exchange numbers and say good luck with the roid bros I'll be here for a bit if you want to do a shot or grab a smoke break..

Bar fights get broken up quick especially when girls are screaming holy hell so never worry about clowning some meat heads. Once you're outside all bets are off though.

I think anyone who is out there in the trenches knows exactly how you feel right now. If they dont, they arent really learning anything. You asked, but you already knew you should have stayed. Tough break, its always those ones you regret. But now you had a learning experience, so your game will be that much better. Charge it to the game and go back out there man!

If they wanted to do something, they could have been like "yo who the fuck is this pencil neck geek"

They didn't. You were actually the AMOG in this situation, cause you were controlling the resource. (the bitches attention)

As far as handling the dudes,
- you could have kept spitting until they walked away. (hanging in their for 5 minutes while the ice melted and drinks warmed up is some real balls though, much respect)

- asked them to sit down and join you, and befriended them (which may or may not have started some conflict, depending on their orientation towards you)

Personally, i've been to too many hood ass clubs, and I find a lot of chicks like to see dudes compete for their attention - which may develop into some real shit, and have no intention of handing over the pussy to the guy who wins. It's just drama, and they love drama.

WIA

Honestly, i probably would have done the same thing.

Its something I am working on.

That said, when really drunk, Ive turned to both girls, and said dance???. They get excited and leave w/me. Guys left holding drinks wondering wtf just happened- I just got jacked....

Try to get the girls to move with you with, the guys likely will not follow.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

I'm not real keen on night game, but even I see you almost definitely would've gotten the bang. She basically just blew them off because she wanted you. Massive indicator of her interest. If you just ignored them, you probably would've had a smooth run with her.

Quote: (01-17-2013 01:31 AM)kickboxer Wrote:  

Should I have stuck around[Image: angry.gif]? I could have suggested a five-some and seen if they were down with it?

The fact that they went and bought drinks for these chicks, and then stood there without saying anything indicates that their game is terrible. They were harmless to you so you should have invited them to sit down and make small talk, whatever, try to get them on your good side. This would have dissipated any resentment. This would have demonstrated your value to the girls by showing that you are a natural leader and not intimidated by big dudes. Then you could have gauged the situation to see if they had any game whatsoever. You could have made a judgment call, is it worth my time to stick around and wait for these two herbs to get bored and leave?

Hindsight is 20/20 and I can't say I would have followed this script but I think it would be the correct procedure.