rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

THE OFFICIAL SPRING BREAK WORKOUT..

Men,

It is about 8-10 weeks away from prime spring break in the United States. If you want to look "cut" or "ripped" while you chase around some poon, you will need to start working out NOW.....

I like to folllow a little rule of thumb when it comes to spring break:

"Weigh less than usual"

I will automatically cut some weight because:
A) I will be in a bathing suit all week
B) I'm 33, and when I lose weight I look younger

I am 5'8 160 lbs, and I plan on going down to around 155ish before I get on the plane to South Padre.

I recommend a 4-5x a week weight plan, and also 3-4x a week of outdoor cardio. Unless you live in Alaska you can run outside all year long, dont be a pussy.

This is a brief overview of my workout plan:

Keep in mind that I work full time 9-5, and I am also taking a class wed/thur nights from 6:30-9:30pm. I am going to try to maintain all year because after South Padre I have a bachelor party in Vegas in June.

To plan I like to set concrete goals, such as 20 chinups, 295 bench press, etc etc. I like to go heavy in the 6-8 rep range, I've found that works the best for my body shape.

Monday: Bench press 2 sets after warmup. 2 sets of fly's, dips, or incline (I rotate this) 3 sets of forearms. 2-4 miles running outside

Tuesday: 3 sets of chinups (usually I add weights up to 45's) 2 sets of dumbbell or barbell shrugs. 3 sets of pulldowns. 2-4 miles running outside. Situps

Wendsday: Rest

Thursday: (At lunch) Bicep preacher curls 3 sets, 3 set standing barbell curls, 3 sets tricep pulldowns/kick backs/close grip (I rotate these)

Friday: 3 sets of shoulder dumbell presses, 3 sets of raises.

Saturday: 3-5 miles running outside Hard. Situps

Sunday: 3-5 miles running outside Hard. Situps.

Cardio: I like to do a lot of cardio when I am trying to get cut. I try to average under 7 minutes a mile for all my running. On thanksgiving I ran a 5 mile race in exactly 35:00 minutes, and last week I ran miles in 19:30 on the track.

Nutrition: I cook almost all of my meals unless I go out to eat on the weekend. I usually cook my dinner and lunch for the next day at the same time. Usually I have 3 eggs for breakfast, and then some chicken or steak with veggies for lunch and dinner.

I always like to feel a little bit "hungry" during the day, to me that represents the fat burning off.

I also don't believe in bulking, and I don't take any supplements.

My current stats. 21 chinups, bench 245x6 yesterday, 3 miles in 19:30ish

For these trips coming up I would like to get my bench back up near 295, and 3 miles under 19 minutes.

Oh yeah, and try not to jerk it too much, it kills the motivation...

Power out!

This is good and all, but why not just work out throughout the year and not have to resort to being like some slob or chunky girl thinking that working out like a mad person in this short amount of time will make them any more desirable?

The Rushfit program by GSP is designed for 8 weeks. all you need is a set of weights at home and something to play a dvd, but I do agree with Blaze. Workout all year long and there will be no need of crazy fast programs

Need some of this:

[Image: 64919_473935822643662_449024192_n.jpg]

Good time to cut. Most people cut in spring to get ready for the beach. I'm cutting now, since my body's very endomorphic (I put on muscle easy but it's almost impossible to get rid of it).

Right now I'm at 177lbs, around 15-16% bodyfat, 6'1. Hoping to drop to just 12% bodyfat. Calorie deficit + weights + some cardio + probably going to go on an ECA stack because fuck my genetics.

I always train all year round, I just don't always get crazy with my diet and cardio.

Takes me about 8 weeks to get into real serious shape, so that's why for a big event like spring break I like to plan it out weeks before...

Captain P

Quote: (01-16-2013 11:38 PM)Blaze Frazier Wrote:  

This is good and all, but why not just work out throughout the year and not have to resort to being like some slob or chunky girl thinking that working out like a mad person in this short amount of time will make them any more desirable?

+1

You do cardio on lifting days?

I always run after lifting weights. If I run before if makes my body too tired to lift.

Some guy's don't need that much cardio, my body does for whatever reason. Maybe its my height (5'8'), or bone structure, but I don't get cut without some cardio.

I'm actually just getting ready to run a quick 3 miler in prospect park.

Sprints are really good too, I like to run "suicides" on a basketball court sometimes...