rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

PUA Boot Camps

PUA Boot Camps

What's the forum's Opinion on Boot Camps.

I am thinking about a 3 day Boot Camp in NY with Adam Lyons, Is it really worth it to spend $ 1400 or should I just spend that money on my groooming, I have raed a lot of books, Bang, the game, The system etc...

I want a quick escalation in my game and want someone to critique my mistakes on the Go.

If any one recoomends any boot camps whichones and why ? what should I do prior to the camp or what to do at the camp to get the most out of it?[/b]

"Timidity is dangerous, Better to enter with boldness. Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity." (Robert Greene)

PUA Boot Camps

Before you drop that kind of money, might be a good idea to track down former students and ask them if it was worth it. If the boot camp is a turning point in success with women, it may be the best $1400 you ever spent. You can probably learn all of that stuff on your own, but it's different having someone to push you. It's the same reason people hire fitness trainers. They could work out alone and get the same results if they have the knowledge and discipline, but you can't underestimate the power of having that extra push from someone that motivates.

Also, if you have any particular sticking point, might want to find a guru that's an expert in that particular aspect of the game. Some gurus are more about the inner game, some are all about canned material, some are about natural game, etc etc.

PUA Boot Camps

Bah, nuts to that, quick & success rarely go hand in hand unless you're lucky enough to win the lotto or be a professional athlete. Game takes time and I honestly feel if you're approaching 10+ girls a week, you're going to start seeing results. If you're only going out on weekends, and only to bars you're unlikely to instantly transition from point A to point E. It's like going to the gym, if you go once a week, do an hour of lifting and expect to be He-Man in a month, you're flat out crazy.

That being said, I've never gone to one of these camps, so I don't know for sure first hand how effective they are.

PUA Boot Camps

Adam Lyons seems legit and i bet you would learn alot from that camp. Its always good to have a pro coach you personally, it really speeds up the whole process.

If you can afford it, I say try it. But only if you got the money.

But don't think its gonna be a magical "fix" for your game. But I'm sure if you commit to it 100% you will get alot out of it.

Practice alot before you go, so that you have an idea about what your strenths and weaknesses are.

PUA Boot Camps

These courses have to be a rip-off unless it's pretty close to one-on-one fieldwork. What can a dude standing in front of a "class" possibly teach that a video or book can't?

PUA Boot Camps

I am attaching the Brochure for the course, They are advertising lecture as well as Live Infield time with critique , limited to 14 gamers only .......

"Timidity is dangerous, Better to enter with boldness. Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity." (Robert Greene)

PUA Boot Camps

Most pickup bootcamps the guys just push you into set and give you instruction and basically pump your state so you feel more confident. If you can find a wing that you like going out with, the effects will be similar. For some people, bootcamps are just what they need, but for most guys who have at least a little game and are willing to go out, be blown out of set, and put in work, there is little advantage, unless you have so much money that 1400 is nothing to you. A lot of the information is out there already, and for free.

PUA Boot Camps

I think that this kinda class work is WAY overpriced. I mean, buy a book, for 30-40 bucks, and really study it. The companion book to Neil Strass's The Game is excellent, including a 30 day program. As are the bits of Roosh's book Bang i have read.
The ONLY advantage for a boot camp would be the fact that someone is forcing you to do things, and the large price tag is also a motivator. But i am of the impression that if you cant self motivate, the moment you leave the training, you will just fall back into old habits. You need the self motivation, or a wingman you can work with, not shelling out a ton of money. And i have run similar boot camps in the past, in china, so it had different focuses and such, and my rates were much more reasonable (mainly just covering transportation and drinks and stuff when out).

Hell, we could do a variation of that stuff on this site, similar to how alt.seduction used to until people started dropping out. And do it for free. We all wouldnt be here if we didnt want to share stories and help others improve. Lets see what Roosh thinks about that, and if there is any interst. If nothing else, we can give you personalized feedback over a long peroid of time, and save you a bunch of cash. I really dislike how commercialized the whole PUA scene has become.

I got started in the PUA game by just reading the forums and picked out what i wanted, tried it out, mastered it, and then went out and tried things i didnt agree with. Each master has their own style, and sometimes that wont work for you. I for example, have trouble using NLP properly. Try some stuff before you drop the $.

PUA Boot Camps

I agree when people say Boot Camps provide motivation and yes Alpha Q , I like many others are on this site to share stories and help others improve but to also improve my game , Even for the best of players there is room for Self Improvement, So bigger players can improve the game of others when improving there's.

I am Open to Alpha Q's Idea of personalized feed back and even would like If some one can go out in the field with me and critique my game, I am open to meeting someone in NY in the month of July, we can work out some sort of Incentive ?

I know Roosh has done this in the past when he would go out with aspiring players and it was in 300- 400 range.

I have read a lot and still trying a lot of things, but my main goal is to accelerate the pickup/SNL because of time restraints , I occasionally have 2-3 days that become available for gaming. On the other hand lot happens on the back burners and I still need improvement on middle conversations, Day 2's , dating etc .......

Am I missing out on some free stuff that is available, any suggestions for PDF version of books like Magic bullets etc, Other forums that might be helpful ?

PUA Boot Camps

Quote:Quote:

I know Roosh has done this in the past when he would go out with aspiring players and it was in 300- 400 range.

Actually it wasn't above 200.

PUA Boot Camps

I have, of course, never done one of these.

And there is part of me that knows you can only learn so much Kung-Fu from a book.

That being said, I would rather have a couple of plane tickets to Europe, another Custom Suit, or some E-tabs to triple your money on.

But that could just be me.

PUA Boot Camps

I'm with G.

There are better ways to spend those mangoes.

PUA Boot Camps

Out of curiosity, I glanced at the brochure.

The more I think about it, the cost seems pretty high. Sure its a small group, but for that kind of dough, many conferences have a key note speaker (someone legit) in other industries.

This part: "18:00 – 18:30: Dirty Dancing", has to be horrible.

PUA Boot Camps

Although I've never been to one, I think that it might be good for a guy who is very introverted and has never successfully approached or socialized with a strange woman. It would provide the push to get the guy out of his comfort zone, approach women, and change his long standing behavior. Also could be good if there is a great motivational speaker there.

Otherwise, I think that a guy might definitely do just as well practicing on his own. Just keep approaching, keep reading as much man/woman psychology as possible, avoid the bullshit indirect 'techniques', and you will get better.

PUA Boot Camps

Like two sides of the story people have given opinions to attend or not to attend......... I am leaning towards not attending as I do not have any problem approaching " Openers come to me naturally" I mostly use situational openers, it's the middle game I am lacking..... and need some one to observe and correct my game, I do not have any friends who game at this stage in life. I am 36 and all my friends are married....

For people on Forum who are telling me not to go to a Boot Camp and Practice more I am requesting any player with better game then me to Sarge with me and Critique me...

I can Meet in Chicago, NYC , Hell any major Playground in continental USA in the month of July, I am willing to pay for most of the expenses.. Hotel, Transportation, Meals etc.

Any Takers ?

PUA Boot Camps

I think bootcamps should be viewed more like a software upgrade than a new operating system installation. Along with reasonable expectations, it can be very helpful for another guy to critique your game and point out mistakes you've missed. But if you're starting from zero, you should work on your own for a while to have a foundation built. The better game you have going into a bootcamp, the more you'll be able to show the instructor.

PUA Boot Camps

Thanks a Bunch Roosh, I will keep reading theory and putting it to test in the Field, I am already learning from my mistakes and I am seeing what I was grossly doing wrong.

Any ways when you are back in US and would like to meet up with aspiring players do keep me in mind........

PUA Boot Camps

So this boot camp is for 14 aspiring gamers.. 14 * 1400 USD = 19 600 USD. Well, it seems like a really good deal.. FOR SOMEONE.

I think the people here covered pretty much all the angles and I like Roosh's metaphor about "software upgrade." And I think that you can definately benefit if you meet with some of the experienced folks from this forum, like you suggested. That seems pretty damn good idea! That could be done more..

PUA Boot Camps

I wonder how much interst there is in an online PUA bootcamp thing for free of charge. If there were 5 people, im pretty sure i could do something online based off journal entries posted publically, with Home work and such. It would be pretty strict, but fun and education. Im game for it as long as there is enough interst.

PUA Boot Camps

I'm quite interested in this. I've built elearning systems before based of Moodle... would be very useful.

Quote: (05-04-2010 09:52 PM)AlphaQup2nite Wrote:  

I wonder how much interst there is in an online PUA bootcamp thing for free of charge. If there were 5 people, im pretty sure i could do something online based off journal entries posted publically, with Home work and such. It would be pretty strict, but fun and education. Im game for it as long as there is enough interst.

PUA Boot Camps

Dude just pay me $995, and i'll give you a personal 1 on1 boot camp... would probably even do it for less. Mostly just out of the goodness of my heart. My recommendation is that if you really need it to attend 1 good boot camp to get the swift "kick in the ass" you need to get off of your butt, just like people need who are trying to lose weight. But honestly if you are in the DC area, just join the DC lair and get field practice and learn off of other people for......free!! A large part of the benefit of the boot camp is just meeting others in your situation and comparing notes and learning.

PUA Boot Camps

Yup but there are people who don't have those options, thats why online boot camps are interesting, or at least a community of some sorts that is similar to what i expect the RL communities to be. I have gotten a name or 2 in interest via PM, if anyone else is seriously interested, pm me and we can work something out.

PUA Boot Camps

i would not pay for lessons from a guy who does not even pick up chicks

adam is married and monogamous

PUA Boot Camps

just read the brochure and was struck by two things

1. how poor the structure and content of the course is
2. not one girl adam is pictured with is hot

i repeat the earlier offer

pay me $995, and i'll give you a personal 1 on1 boot camp but ...

spread over 3 whole days and i will give you your money back if you dont get laid

you will also be learning in paradise

here

[Image: boracay-beach-2-l.jpg]

and the girls look like this

[Image: 100130512_l.jpg]

PUA Boot Camps

Lumiere, where are you now? Tahiti?