rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to game in university

I'm starting the program next week by doing daygame in a nearby city (live in a small town), but I'm also wondering how to game in the city in my university. For example, I got talking with a girl sitting next to me in the library, she turned out be a teaching assistant at the weekly seminar (is that the right translation? it's the part of the course where you go to the university, make the exercises in the book, and you can ask questions to the teaching assistants) of one of the courses I'm following.
I guess the course of action is to just make conversation, drop small bait, and then GALNUC as described in Day Bang.
My only problem would be the U, as my usual weekend occupation is to play video games with friends from high school (online and sometimes lanparty) and make my homework. What should I do here?

Another question, how come the person in the attached image looks so beta? What is he doing wrong? His face, clothing, demeanor etc. all look OK to me but the overall picture still looks off.
Link to video: http://tweakers.net/video/6827/google-nexus-4.html
[Image: jeMkwdKxIAiK.png]

read gio's posts

Quote: (01-12-2013 02:06 PM)Plumpie Wrote:  

I'm starting the program next week by doing daygame in a nearby city (live in a small town), but I'm also wondering how to game in the city in my university. For example, I got talking with a girl sitting next to me in the library, she turned out be a teaching assistant at the weekly seminar (is that the right translation? it's the part of the course where you go to the university, make the exercises in the book, and you can ask questions to the teaching assistants) of one of the courses I'm following.
I guess the course of action is to just make conversation, drop small bait, and then GALNUC as described in Day Bang.
My only problem would be the U, as my usual weekend occupation is to play video games with friends from high school (online and sometimes lanparty) and make my homework. What should I do here?

Another question, how come the person in the attached image looks so beta? What is he doing wrong? His face, clothing, demeanor etc. all look OK to me but the overall picture still looks off.
Link to video: http://tweakers.net/video/6827/google-nexus-4.html

That's your problem right there. Limit your v. game playing to one day a week (Sunday is typically a day bereft of social activity).
For the rest of your weekend, you should be out interacting with women, or with friends in places where you can meet women. Failing that, don't play video games, pick up an interesting hobby. Woodcarving, metalworking, go to a target range, read, take up rock climbing, etc. Additionally, hit up your uni gym 3-4 times a week. Look up Starting Strength, start that routine, switch to a 5x5 routine 3-4 months in, then a split from there after newbie gains are gone.I would seriously work on your lifestyle before trying to get women.
That being said, University should be the easiest place ever to get laid-just go to a dorm party and talk to a girl for about 10 minutes without fucking up and you should get at least a BJ. The lifestyle change comes in handy for daygaming and life outside the U, and just personal development.

As for why he looks beta: he has really unfortunate genetics, first of all. He looks tall, but he has narrow shoulders and looks pretty skinnyfat. He has an incredibly weak chin/jawline, his cheeks are puffy with nonexistent cheekbones.
His choice of haircut is awful for his head shape, as well. It's evenly buzzed, which is an awful idea. Top hair should be longer while the sides should be shorter to create at least an illusion of squareness to his soft, round features.
He needs to get contacts or lazek, as well. Some men look good in glasses; he is not one of them.
Basically, he looks like a soft, pasty nerd. He needs to lose fat to sharpen his jawline, and work his deltoids to get broader shoulders.

Use cold approach as a tool to socialize with girls you find attractive, exchange contacts for the sake of partying/hanging out and work from there.

In college or similar small community friendly/cool approach is much more beneficial long term. You'll be seen as this social/fun guy who socializes and spreads good energy and "reputation issues" that lone wolf target hunting guys tend to have will not be your problem. It's quite invisible game.

So for example.. you like playing video games, loud music, drinking and tall chicks. Connect the dots. Go out and socialize with tall girls exclusively and exchange phone numbers [or bring them then and there] for the sake of bringing them to little "video games" house party where you got drinks ready and some funny games that chicks can play too. Make it interesting to girls.

When you you meet 8 tall girls invite them all to come to your little party since you play and drink anyway. 4-5 of them show up. Now you got some options...
- to hook up with one after the party.
- to set up a date with another one day after.
- to take number of one of girls' friend the bring to your house party and go to her room after the party.
- to party in your room to pregame and take them all to clubs later [or other campus parties] and hook up with a girl from that club/party.

So by cold approaching you can build your clique and have a couple of tall girls, all of them YOUR TYPE since you selected them, partying with you. When I switched from target hunting lone wolf pickup guy to friendly socializing in college that's when my results skyrocketed and game became so easy and pleasant.

few additional points

Thanks for the advice. I've been through a lot of giovonnys threads now (and Roosh, XXL, Gmanifesto, others), seems like you all have a lot of experience, but can't really get allot from it that I could apply to my own situation. I'm already lifting (HST), gained 5kgs in 6 months, looking to put on 2kg/month for the next coming 10 months. My main hobby is playing the piano, but that's not really a social one..
Bob, about the 'interacting with women' advice. I go to summer camps, I joined the hip-hop-dance classes they offer at my university, I go to parties every few months when I'm invited but I don't feel like just interacting with other people is teaching me anything. What would you advise me to do? I've been interacting with people my whole life, what should I do differently? I read a lot about 'creating value' and stuff like that but don't really know how to.
Your feedback on the reviewer makes sense - I wonder what this guys life looks like now, is he aware of his skinnyfatness?

XXL: I'd like to have woman as friends, but doing video game house parties sounds a bit strange, do you ever give video game parties yourself? Not being an ass here, it's just hard to visualize, sounds like having a lan-party but then with disingenuous intentions. My student union has a room in the building where the lectures are where a lot of students congregrate to talk and play board games, I'll try to drop by more often after lectures and socialize there. I often declined going there when classmates asked me to go with them because I had other priorities (go to the gym before 17.30, before it gets too full, go home to learn but then play video games,) but I see now that that isn't smart.

Of course. It's just the whole video games thing needs to be F U N.

Have some simple action/arcade games that are fun to play. No fucking RPG. I liked racing games. I'd just sit her tell her how to drive (four fucking buttons) make some funny bets before pressing start and play with her. It doesn't matter how good you or she play that game as long as you make it fun. We would for example not race but try to destroy our cars by crashing into each other constantly. The one who loses does a 3 minute pole dance. Of course I had to lose few times at first on purpose to engage them. Stuff like that.

Besides, video games is just a little part of the party. Not the main thing. You just put few things together and make party out of that. Prepare the booze. Put some party music on. Have some funny costumes or masks etc. Make some bets. Dance. And between drinking talking dancing you play a game for 15 minutes then go back to drinking talking dancing etc.

If video games suck then you can try whatever. Cards. Board games. Music instruments. Making (silly) songs. Compiling videos out of different videos you recorded in the summertime. Once in a while costume party. Cooking with girls is fantastic [research some recipes set up little cooking event every tuesday and tell girls to bring few ingredients].

Piano not social, are you kidding me? Teach a girl how to play few melodies. Or tell her to play some rihanna song with you, her low notes, you high notes, at the same time. Joke around that she can give live shows if seh can sing also. She will super excited doing all of that.

The formula is.. take some activity you like add booze music make it fun for girls and you're good.

I think the piano is far better catnip than video games. Every douchebag plays guitar, at least it's a little different these days.

by doing daygame

talking with a girl sitting next to me in the library

I guess the course of action is to just make conversation

So, you have questions about Day Game and University Game..

Quote: (01-14-2013 04:20 PM)Plumpie Wrote:  

I've been through a lot of giovonnys threads now but can't really get allot from it that I could apply to my own situation.

You couldn't apply any of my posts to your situation???

Hmmmmm...Try these threads. They are all about Day Game and College Game.

Let me know if you have any specific questions..

Welcome to the Game.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-15511-...#pid260317

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14130-...#pid241861

OK since my last post in this thread I've done 5 approaches and had 1 date with a girl - she stopped messaging me on Whatsapp but still a huge step for an AFC like me, first date of my life... My heart must have beating 200 BPM when I 'casually' asked her for her number.
I'm still having trouble with university/social circle game though, especially now trying to play less video games. What are you supposed to do with friends on the weekends if not playing video games? Sit in front of the TV? Have people written books about this? The books on social interactions I've read are 48 laws of power (not really applicable), Book of Pook (quite interesting) but I don't know any role models and don't know where to go from here.