rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Positivity: Smartphones

Seems like there is a lot of negative attention on smartphones and their effects, what are some good things about the smartphone revolution that you have encountered?

Games like Words with Friends offer an easy way to keep in contact with your prospects without having to look like you are trying too hard

Being able to keep a ton of personal photos on hand

I use mine to store a few inteersting stories or anectodes from the past week so I have more material if I run out of things to talk about organically (also can store jokes, stories, etc)

IMO, the positives are far outweighed by the negatives -but I am a self-confessed Luddite so I naturally take a dim and cautious view of technology, particularly when it directly affects the fabric of day-to-day life, and does so in such a major way. Still, just as with the horseless carriage, there are *some* advantages:

-text messaging is much more easy and convenient
-a 2012 smartphone will be a better phone, a better camera, a better MP3 player, a better platform for more advanced games, a better GPS, and a better PDA than any of those standalone gadgets 10 years ago.
-being able to easily look up phone numbers and operating hours of businesses when you're out and about is very convenient
-painless mobile web browsing means that, in theory, your day can be more productive and efficient -check your mail in line at the grocery store instead of sitting down at the computer. (in practice it's less efficient, because it requires iron discipline not to compulsively check your email every two hours.)

Whatsapp is great for chatting to girls in foreign places, a bit more intimate than text and easy to amuse girls by sending pics/music etc

Not having a smartphone is probably a DLV at this point, especially with materialistic western girls. I'm positive my old flip-phone cost me a few lost bangs.

The main appeal for me is GPS when needing to locate shit (like bars close-by if I'm with a chick), access to books, email, or other time-wasters on train rides or long car rides, etc. Not to mention, an iPhone when trying to hook up with younger chicks is essential to making you not look like an "old guy"

Everyone loves smartphones. Everyone loves to complain.

That doesn't mean people don't like smartphones. It just means people complain alot. People complain about women but pussy is what they desire most.

Smartphones are great. Who has disagreed with that?

A few years back my friend and I realized that we could check pillreports on his iphone before buying unknown shit from a dealer at a rave. That was cool.

Smart phones are just tools, there are apps that makes them excellent for managing people!

Check out Pimp Game, Picking Up Strippers, The Fun Way!, Weaponized: Add Cold Reading to your arsenal! and Tarot Game.

Game isn’t what I use to get what I want out of women.
Game is what I use to get what I want out of life.

My phone gives me the option of adding people to Categories I can name. I have all the girls I am interested in fucking under the name Plates. When I add a name I have the option of assigning a unique ringtone, leaving the ringtone as my standard ring tone, or putting them on “Straight To Voicemail”. As a rule, I put them all on do not ring, it goes direct to voicemail and they leave a message. I always tell them the same thing “I was busy when you called”. Any who don’t leave a message don’t get called back.

I don’t recommend using unique ringtones. Observant girls figure out that you use one for business, one for girls, so on and so on. If everyone has the same ringtone you won’t give anyone more or less precedence.

Check out Pimp Game, Picking Up Strippers, The Fun Way!, Weaponized: Add Cold Reading to your arsenal! and Tarot Game.

Game isn’t what I use to get what I want out of women.
Game is what I use to get what I want out of life.

Quote: (01-11-2013 03:29 PM)lush1 Wrote:  

Whatsapp is great for chatting to girls in foreign places, a bit more intimate than text and easy to amuse girls by sending pics/music etc

Also Viber, for free global texts and calls. I've only used the text feature though. Seems like an amazing app so they must be taking tons of my personal info.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

iphone 5 is a fucking awesome tool for players. the camera is easily accessible and can take quick picuture. You can make it so notifications do not even show up for calls and texts so a girl was think anything is going on.

Said she only fucked like 4 or 5 niggas so you know you gotta multiply by three