rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Woman refuses to take money from her wealthy husband in divorce.

Not sure if this is a good sign or just an anomaly
...but she definitely deserves a hat tip

"Speaking of her contempt for those who gain money through divorce, she said: "I'm not taking a penny from him. I think that's disgusting."

My hat is tipped.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

[Image: Hwsh2.gif]

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Quote: (01-10-2013 04:47 PM)TheMan Wrote:  

The girl either has strong principles or the guy had a strong frame. She credits him with giving her emotional stability.
Wow that was from '06. How did you come across it?

Wow, that is a quality girl right there, too bad the dude was probably a beta and he lost her.

Quality girl! They do exist.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Fair play, decent woman for sure.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Alimony laws SUCK. Best is to be married if you choose to be in countries where once you divorce, there Is no payment or alimony type of payments. I heard the Dominican Republic has no alimony laws.

This is very rare and she definitely deserves to be praised. I have never understood the concept of alimony; especially in these multi-million dollar divorces with celebs. Okay, if you were a housewife and you actually sacrificed a job or money to stay at home, let the husband support you for 6 months, 1 year or even 2 years and then the alimony should stop. I think all alimony should have 1 or 2 year limit which should give the woman more than enough time to find a job or acquire additional training to work a job. It's insane how being married entitles you to a perpetual stream of money until you get married to someone else (correct me if I am wrong on this).

This also reminds me of Russell Brand and Katy Perry divorce where he was entitled to half of her money (his share being almost $20 million or something) and he refused. He received a lot of praise from women everywhere but I bet none of them would do the same had they been divorcing a rich man.

Billie Piper is cool. But she is pretty rich in her own right, and has a pretty successful career.

As for Chris Evans. He ain't no beta. He is like the British David Letterman. Except even more influential. As well as presenting them - he was also the producer behind a number of the most successful TV shows in the UK. He was instrumental in making Britain (briefly) cool again (during the 'Cool Britannia'/'Britpop' era from about 1994 to 1998). And he is the biggest star on British radio.

His autobiography covers a bunch of cool things he has done. Like the time he bought the world's most expensive car (a Ferrari that was once owned by the actor James Coburn) at auction. Or the time he convinced Richard Branson to fly on a British Airways (arch rivals to Virgin Airways) flight so that they could discuss business.

And another time he was offered a short-run ten week contract on a national radio station (at a time when his career was on the slide due to heavy drinking, and not showing up for work). Anyway - in order to keep his job longer than the ten weeks - he managed to raise 70 million pounds (about $120 million dollars) in a couple of months so that he could buy out the radio station and become the boss. A few years after that he managed to sell on the radio station for about $100 million dollars profit.

His autobiography has a bunch of other amazing stories as well. As you can imagine for a guy who was pretty much the most famous person in Britain in the 90's.

And on top of that, he knows most of the world's coolest celebrities, and has slept with a ton of famous and beautiful women.

All whilst having ginger hair!

Cardguy

We should start an alimony insurance fund that husbands can pay into. In the event of a divorce the insurance would pay out to the woman like an annuity or even unemployment.

There should be certain stipulations like 1 year of alimony for every 2 years of marriage. This would motivate women to stay married and faithful.

In the event of infidelity she would get nothing.

What do you guys think?

Team Nachos

Quote: (01-10-2013 08:15 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

Billie Piper is cool. But she is pretty rich in her own right, and has a pretty successful career.

As for Chris Evans. He ain't no beta. He is like the British David Letterman. Except even more influential. As well as presenting them - he was also the producer behind a number of the most successful TV shows in the UK. He was instrumental in making Britain (briefly) cool again (during the 'Cool Britannia'/'Britpop' era from about 1994 to 1998). And he is the biggest star on British radio.

His autobiography covers a bunch of cool things he has done. Like the time he bought the world's most expensive car (a Ferrari that was once owned by the actor James Coburn) at auction. Or the time he convinced Richard Branson to fly on a British Airways (arch rivals to Virgin Airways) flight so that they could discuss business.

And another time he was offered a short-run ten week contract on a national radio station (at a time when his career was on the slide due to heavy drinking, and not showing up for work). Anyway - in order to keep his job longer than the ten weeks - he managed to raise 70 million pounds (about $120 million dollars) in a couple of months so that he could buy out the radio station and become the boss. A few years after that he managed to sell on the radio station for about $100 million dollars profit.

His autobiography has a bunch of other amazing stories as well. As you can imagine for a guy who was pretty much the most famous person in Britain in the 90's.

And on top of that, he knows most of the world's coolest celebrities, and has slept with a ton of famous and beautiful women.

All whilst having ginger hair!

Cardguy

Chris Evans is boss. Used to love him on TFI Friday.

Yeah Chris Evans is one of those gingers with game like Mick hucknall.

The woman in the article, his former wife, was very rich too being a singer and a TV actress.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (01-10-2013 05:20 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

Quote: (01-10-2013 04:47 PM)TheMan Wrote:  

The girl either has strong principles or the guy had a strong frame. She credits him with giving her emotional stability.
Wow that was from '06. How did you come across it?

I'm more leaning to the idea that he trained her well.

Chris Evans and Billie Piper met each other when both of their careers and lives were moving in directions they didn't like.

Apparently they helped each other pull through to a better place. Afterwards - Billie had to move to Wales for 9 months of the year to film Doctor Who. And at that point they both felt it would be better to break up and go in separate directions. The 'healing' in their lives they were both looking for had taken place by then.

It was a mutual decision. And they still remain best friends to this day.

They are both very successful. And Billie was at the time the 'nation's sweetheart' in terms of her successful transition from being a teen pop star to a popular TV actress. So - a messy divorce (not that it ever seemed to be on the cards) might have disrupted the momentum in her career.

So - this is really is an unusual and exceptional situation. It doesn't teach us much about women in general. They will still try and climb aboard the money train in the event of (nearly) all divorces.

If a woman did this to me, I'd offer her an amount of money for being so cool. Shame chicks like this are so rare.

Quote: (01-11-2013 09:49 AM)esperar Wrote:  

If a woman did this to me, I'd offer her an amount of money for being so cool. Shame chicks like this are so rare.

Err really? I'd offer her the privilege of letting me blow my load on her face one last time.