rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to respond to "are we still meeting up tonight?"

I tentatively made plans to meet up with this girl one week ago and there has been no contact since so I wrote her off.

Just now I receive a text from her asking "are we still meeting up tonight?" Our original plans were at a bar at 8pm. It is also at a time and location of her suggestion so I don't want to play into her frame.

I have other plans tonight but I still want to see her some other time. What would be a good response to achieve a reschedule?

I'd say you know what I can't tonight something come up lets meet up sometime next week [Image: wink.gif]

Play it off like you kinda forgot! It might be risky but just do it. Be like shit that was tonight?, totally forgot, I kinda made other plans. How was your week?

"can't make it tonight"

"what about thurs or fri?"

You should just go and try to bang her tonight.

Quote: (01-10-2013 03:55 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

"can't make it tonight"

Totally go for the bang, I like your style haha

If you do flake on her, come up with a good, non-investigatable excuse. Something to do with work could be plausible, depending on what you do. I'm at university and I always use the 'just remembered I have a deadline' excuse a lot. Friends birthday parties, etc. are good excuses or you could go with 'my parents just called at the last minute and want to take me to dinner'. I wouldn't make like you forgot because that makes it seem like she isn't important enough to remember hahaha.

Quote: (01-10-2013 03:32 PM)hkbachelor Wrote:  

I have other plans tonight

Like what? Another girl?

sorry cant tonite what you doing tomorrow?

Quote: (01-10-2013 03:56 PM)JL-CO Wrote:  

"can't make it tonight"

I learned this lesson the hard way. When a girl is down to see you and have a drink with you, she is thinking about banging you.

You gotta "strike while the iron is hot"

She could meet a guy tonight and your opportunity is gone.

Who cares about buying into "her frame". Sometimes "her frame" involves banging you!

You are over-thinking this. Of course have a backup plan in case she flakes last minute, but she is pretty much a guaranteed bang.

Text her "yea meet me at x time at x place"

Have plans with your buddies at bar close by. While you're out with them, pop your head in to see if she showed up. So if she shows up, your friends will understand if you break off. If she doesn't, great. It's a night out with the boys.

Edit: 8 seems a bit early. Was this a weekday? If so, text "yea meet me at x time at x place" pick somewhere near your place that is quiet. Hopefully she ate dinner before coming. If she didn't say you know the best place for whatever your best dish is. Lead her to your place and cook a quick meal with some wine and have her do a lot of the prep work like chopping vegetables while you act as executive chef. Takes a bit of prep, but worth it.

Quote: (01-10-2013 03:32 PM)hkbachelor Wrote:  

I tentatively made plans to meet up with this girl one week ago and there has been no contact since so I wrote her off.

Just now I receive a text from her asking "are we still meeting up tonight?" Our original plans were at a bar at 8pm. It is also at a time and location of her suggestion so I don't want to play into her frame.

I have other plans tonight but I still want to see her some other time. What would be a good response to achieve a reschedule?

Just text, "Yes, I'll see you there."

If she shows up you can take over the frame. If she flakes then write her off and don't bother with her again.

Quote: (01-10-2013 04:10 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Quote: (01-10-2013 03:56 PM)JL-CO Wrote:  

"can't make it tonight"

I learned this lesson the hard way. When a girl is down to see you and have a drink with you, she is thinking about banging you.

Who cares about buying into "her frame". Sometimes "her frame" involves banging you!

I came to post this, literally, "Strike while the iron is hot"

I'm not sure you're getting it yet, and this scenario has surely passed, but for anyone else reading this, before you've banged her, just swallow your pride. If she wants to meet at X bar at Y time, just fucking do it. Hang out, feed her a few drinks, run your game and then pay her back by making her swallow your cum.

Or just blow her off, and if she's horny (and if she's asking you out, she is) I'm sure one of the other dozen guys that are texting her will bang her instead. Your move.

Quote: (01-15-2013 12:40 AM)CJ Wrote:  

I came to post this, literally, "Strike while the iron is hot"

We are usually on the same page. Good to see you back.

Quote: (01-10-2013 04:10 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Truth.

I too learnt it the hard way. And yes, don't worry about buying into her frame - I read that and looked back at my noob days and realized game really does come at a cost. When you're new, it surely does make some things seem really easy, almost like magic, but charges you back with mistakes like these.

Game is a necessary evil

Her: "are we still meeting up tonight"

you: "you mean are we still drinking up tonight"

Play along with her frame but still push things into your favor.