rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

yo, how do u start up an English teaching gig in a random city?

Hey, just wondering, do I just approach language school and/or build up a social circle and ask if anyone's friends want English lessons?

you have to figure out what country you want to teach in. what the countries requirements are to teach and if you need one or a combination of a tesl degree, bachelors or background check. then there is the pay, which can vary greatly based on the country. easiest country to land a teaching job is china. worst paying is latin america especially when compared to cost of living.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

I mean in Russia or Ukraine or Poland. I have an online Certificate, bachelor in linguistics and 3months of teaching experience.

http://www.eslcafe.com

Read about the country you're interested in the forums there.

I know that site, yo. Have read some of the posts there actually.

Your best bet would be to find someone who is teaching there and ask them how they got started. Search the blogosphere for someone who is teaching where you want to go and ask them where the best place to teach is. The best information isn't online and you'll have to do a lot of digging to find it. Get creative with how you find other English teachers in the city you're looking for and go after them.

If you have a bit of a financial safety net and don't need to have a job before you arrive then the best thing to do is show up and meet people. I noticed, at least in SEA, most of the English teachers seemed to congregate in certain spots. Being friendly and non-judgmental with them can be a huge stepping stone to getting a job. I had tons of teachers offer to help me find work simply because I expressed an interest in sticking around and was pretty friendly towards them. One guy even invited me to meet the parents of students who were looking for private tutors.