rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Openin' Doors for Girls

Openin' Doors for Girls

I'm good with the single doors... just walk ahead of the girl slightly and pull back the door as she enters first.

But what about the double doors?
Do I hold 1 open and then try to open the 2nd from behind her?
What about doors that you have to push and its akward(eg spring loaded doors such as subway)?

Any tips on these things? I know its a small thing, but its an annoying bugger and a lot of European girls appreciate it.

Openin' Doors for Girls

Don't make a drama out of it.

Open the door sometimes for her, but don't overdo it. She got 2 hands, so she should be able to open the door by herself.

I play the gentleman from time to time. But when you do it every time, it is just getting normal and not appreciated anymore.

Mannbibel - Meistgelesener Artikel: Dominiere deine Freundin im Bett
Die Rückkehr der Männlichkeit - a german blog written by Ray

Openin' Doors for Girls

I don't go out of my way to do, I've noticed women don't even say thank you these days, fuck them, it's actually the guys that appreciate when a door is held open. You'll never see a guy not say 'thanks' or 'cheers'.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Openin' Doors for Girls

If the door is a pull, you pull it and hold it open. If the door is a push, you push and go through first holding from the other side. A man should know these sorts of basic rules of courtesy and etiquette. Whether and when you put them to use, is all up to you.

Openin' Doors for Girls

Quote: (01-09-2013 04:10 AM)Mike OBrien Wrote:  

Don't make a drama out of it.

Open the door sometimes for her, but don't overdo it. She got 2 hands, so she should be able to open the door by herself.
I play the gentleman from time to time. But when you do it every time, it is just getting normal and not appreciated anymore.

Its not about the ability to do something now is it though?

Openin' Doors for Girls

It has been my experience, yours may vary, that opening doors for modern girls tends to pedestalize them, in your mind and in theirs. If she's a sweet girl, by all means, hold the door open -common courtesy. I hold the door for families, the elderly, basically anybody who happens to be right behind me when going through a door. Don't run ahead like a slave to get the door, just hold it if you have the opportunity. Many younger girls have been indoctrinated with feminist attitudes, and holding the door for them can be a DLV, because you're being nice and acting like an old-school gentleman, which they've been taught to think of as patronizing. Not holding the door is an excellent way to show these girls that you really are the self-absorbed dick of their dreams.

Openin' Doors for Girls

Push the door open far enough that you can both walk through. Go through first, don't stop walking and don't look back. Assume she has no troubles getting through and keep walking. After a few times of this you can open a door for her and let her through and she'll appreciate it more and you'll get a positive reaction. She's playing into your hands. If she makes a big deal out of you not being a gentleman, keep not being one.

Don't be holding doors open for girls when you're with them. That's gay.

Openin' Doors for Girls

I always do it. Almost never fails to get a thanks and a smile. Almost like it surprises them because so few guys have the confidence or manners to do it anymore.

Just don't do it with the air of trying to impress and cater. It's more of an old-school playboy/gentlemen kind of thing and for a lot of us it's just ingrained.

I think it says more about you than it does about her.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Openin' Doors for Girls

I do it casual and without a thought. If you have tight game you're not going to lose a lay because you opened the door. Seriously.

That being said, if the girl walks ahead of you, DO NOT run ahead to get the door. Beta move.

I like my girls to be in the 'heel' position. On my left preferably and beside me. If they trail it's annoying and if they walk ahead there might just be a trace of feminist bullshit engrained in them. Men lead, women follow or 'heel'.

Openin' Doors for Girls

Car Doors? Sometimes as we head to the car I will approach the passenger side as if I'm going to open the door. Than I pause for a split second, look pensive, and proceed to the drivers side. You must do this very smooth and natural, but it's a nice quasi subtle display of power and hierarchy.

Openin' Doors for Girls

Quote: (01-10-2013 07:36 AM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

I do it casual and without a thought. If you have tight game you're not going to lose a lay because you opened the door. Seriously.

That being said, if the girl walks ahead of you, DO NOT run ahead to get the door. Beta move.

I like my girls to be in the 'heel' position. On my left preferably and beside me. If they trail it's annoying and if they walk ahead there might just be a trace of feminist bullshit engrained in them. Men lead, women follow or 'heel'.

This is so key. It's worth learning how to physically put a girl in her place (or wherever you want her). If done subtly she wont even be conscious of it but she'll feel better about being around you.

Openin' Doors for Girls

I always do it because I am a gentleman.