rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wearing a suit jacket or blazer with jeans

Is it acceptable?

For new years eve I wanted to wear something casual, but just as I was going out the door I decided to change the leather jacket I had on for a suit jacket. Dark jeans, no tie.

I definitely liked the way it looked, but seemed a little too nineties. Is that still in style?

Whenever this combination is mentioned, I think of 90s stand-up comedians...

I wore jeans/blazer through the ATL and the TSA chick thought I was famous. Pair it with some boots and a little bling. It's are more functional than going full suited.

Absolutely, it is acceptable. It is not 90s. Wear it with a long sleeve casual shirt (think Perry Ellis, Calvin Klein, etc.), no t-shirt underneath. Also get some brown or black dressy shoes and make sure your belt matches in color.

It depends on the jeans. Darker, higher quality jeans are more acceptable, but why go half way? Wearing a suit with the jacket completely open, a couple of buttons undone on the dress shirt or even a v-neck or scoop-neck shirt, and a unique accessory (hat, watch with a leather band, subtle necklace) and leaving everything open is casual without being sloppy.

You can buy a pair of well-fitting dress pants or slacks fairly cheap. High quality jeans can run from just under a hundred dollars to 300 bucks. Even more if you buy from where the denim snobs buy from.

In short, it's acceptable only when the jeans are well-fitted and are made of darker, better quality denim with a good fit, but not optimal.

I think you should have went with the leather jacket with the button up shirt and jeans. Everything tucked in. With the jeans you can have a faux-disheveled look by tucking half of your shirt in. Play around with your look for 10-20 mins before going out. You don't want to look like every stiff out there.

Googled "casual suits" and got this article. http://www.vinspi.com.au/blog/how-to-wea...-casually/

It goes through different ways to wear your suit casually and has a section on jeans.

I like this look because it shows that:

A) you're comfortable in your own clothes and aren't overly concerned about rules

B) you know how to dress nicely

C) you aren't a boring corporate stiff

It adds class to jeans while being comfortable, and is more appropriate for a lot of places than a complete suit, while still being dressy. Pair these with some wingtips and you're off to the races.

Quote: (01-08-2013 10:30 PM)Ovid Wrote:  

I like this look because it shows that:

A) you're comfortable in your own clothes and aren't overly concerned about rules

B) you know how to dress nicely

C) you aren't a boring corporate stiff

It adds class to jeans while being comfortable, and is more appropriate for a lot of places than a complete suit, while still being dressy. Pair these with some wingtips and you're off to the races.

Exactly. Who makes the rules of what we wear? The gay guys that edit GQ? Suit bloggers? Wear what you like. Listening to advice will make you look like everyone else.....or worse.......wear meggings.

I like rocking the blazer with a zip hoodie underneath like Enrique here:

[Image: attachment.jpg9444]   

You can wear this with jeans. Looks pretty casual but I have gotten mad compliments when sporting this look.

Listening to advice will make you look like everyone else

I have seen the "Wear a blue blazer" fashion tip so often. Pretty soon everyone is going to be wearing blue blazers and khakis.

You just need one black and one tan jacket. You can wear them with just about any combination of shirts and pants. I wear a jacket with jeans all the time. You'll get brownie points with women just for trying to mix and match and be stylish.

Team Nachos

Blazers with jeans are fine. I'd go with a grey, charcoal or brown color, especially with dark jeans. Navy... I wouldn't do it, but it's entirely up to you. Personally, I'm not a fan of rocking a navy blazer with jeans. Looks too much like a canadian suit.

[Image: Wzc3G.jpg]

[Image: puke.gif]

redacted

Thanks everyone, Ill keep on doing it, but will look for a blazer so as not to use a suit's jacket. Velvet perhaps? I saw one recently and liked how it looked. Didnt tried it on.

Quote: (01-09-2013 12:26 AM)MVolt Wrote:  

Blazers with jeans are fine. I'd go with a grey, charcoal or brown color, especially with dark jeans. Navy... I wouldn't do it, but it's entirely up to you. Personally, I'm not a fan of rocking a navy blazer with jeans.

Neither do I. Blue on blue? Would look like a uniform.

I didnt knew that The Gap now has drive-trough service. Mocassins? No thanks.

Quote: (01-08-2013 08:22 PM)BoiBoi Wrote:  

Whenever this combination is mentioned, I think of 90s stand-up comedians...

I think of 80s stand-up comedians...

[Image: seinfeld.jpg]

F*ck this half *ssed style.

Unless you are gay of course. Then it is wide open (so to speak) for you.

depends on the jeans, brown boots with standard dark ink blue jeans works well. navy blazer rather than an actual suit jacket. fuck you can even get away with a plain white tee instead of a shirt

It's the fit though that is the main, if it fit's well it will always look good

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Blazers with jeans are fine. I'd go with a grey, charcoal or brown color, especially with dark jeans. Navy... I wouldn't do it, but it's entirely up to you. Personally, I'm not a fan of rocking a navy blazer with jeans. Looks too much like a canadian suit.

[Image: puke.gif]

why do none of his clothes fit? Blazer too big, jeans too short.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

I quite often wear black jeans with a blazer. Get compliments on the blazer all the time, but it works best with nice shoes as well, of which my stock is diminishing...

Navy Jacket Post on Masculine Style - http://masculine-style.com/staple-13-the-navy-jacket/

Quote:Quote:

This is arguably the most versatile piece of clothing a man can own and it should be a staple in the sense that you should wear it so often it starts to feel like a second skin. It should be as comfortable if you wear it to a football game as if you wear it to a business meeting. I wear mine between four and five days a week. It can dress up a casual look without looking stuffy and still be worn out to lunch with clients without looking casual.

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

I think GManifesto might be gay.

Quote: (01-09-2013 08:44 AM)_GQ_ Wrote:  

I think GManifesto might be gay.

Let me quote you and have the forum decide:

Quote: (01-02-2013 05:03 PM)_GQ_ Wrote:  

Quote: (01-02-2013 02:57 PM)bacon Wrote:  

michael phelps is ugly as sin. he looks retarded. i have respect for anyone as facial disfigured as him who can pull models.
Facially he's an average looking white guy. On average day he wouldn't be anywhere near the ugliest guy you would come across, plus he has a fantastic body being one of the most elite athletes in the world. I want to sleep with Michael Phelps. I can't control myself.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-19221-...#pid339306

I was just playing above.

Wear what ever makes you feel good.

With a suit jacket it can be ok at certain ocassions (Sunday brunch, casual friday etc), with a blazer - never.

Do it all the time. Dark blue $200 jeans, button down or v neck, matching shoes and belt, and navy pinstripe suit jacket.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Quote: (01-09-2013 05:39 AM)Tengen Wrote:  

Navy Jacket Post on Masculine Style - http://masculine-style.com/staple-13-the-navy-jacket/

[Image: R05Ro.jpg]

And here I was worrying that look was too 90's...

Suit jacket with jeans is ultimate tryharding to look smarter. Blazer with a well fitted t-shirt or a plain white cotton casual shirt looks well with narrow-ish jeans and brogues or wingtips or something similar. Obviously, the quality of the clothes & fit matter a lot.

In my life I've only seen 1 button-down shirt that looked acceptable. In general, they are for summer interns.

Its doable, but wear a short-blazer jacket. The short jacket w/a v-neck looks pretty fresh/get compliments.

The seinfield exmpale is exactly what you dont want- A suit jacket that is too long and excessively baggy.

The length I would aim for is just slightly below the hip versus 1/2 down the butt on regular jackets.

Little details make all the difference.

Heres the end-goal look but not quite as tight-fitting, and it would be more versatile if it was a touch longer in the sleeves and front length....

[Image: fit-stylish-mens-v-neck-one-button-blaze...t-134a.jpg]

[Image: fit-stylish-mens-v-neck-one-button-blaze...t-99e4.jpg]

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude