rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Florianopolis or Porto Alegre

Anyone have experience with these two cities? I am going to SA next month and I can only visit one of them. Both supposedly have the best girls of Brazil, but Floripa is more touristy I have heard. You think I will be better received in Porto Alegre?

i would go with porto alegre for a more brasilian experience. not very touristy and a pretty decent sized city at that.

If it were feb or march and you didnt mind that it is expensive then floripa

right now i would go to porto alegre

I think I'll go to PA. I just read that they're opening a Pink Elephant down there so it must be a good spot. Anyone know anything about that? I don't know if it will be open next month however.

FLORIPAAAAAAAA!
NOTHING ELSE TO SAY.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Floripa is for tourists though I think. I have a higher chance of success in PA, where I will be more of a novelty.

Carne,
How good is your portuguese? That'll be the biggest factor.

I might be wrong, but there is no beach in Porto Alegre, and if there is, it probably isn't that nice.

ive been to both floripa and porto... porto alegre is definitely not a beautiful city... if youre going, the cheap hotels are concentrated around the bus station (centro) and its really grimey. the padre chagas area is like the soho of the city, and wednesday nights there is a bar there called cafe moinhois which is filled with hotties. thursday to saturday head to cidade baixa, where there are a bunch of cool places to have fun at. a pretty laid back vibe can be found at bongos where live bands play reggae and a big beer costs like 2 bucks. floripa is too spread out and expensive for my taste, but the beaches are the most beautiful in the world. go there WITH a girl, not to meet one.
if you wanna be a novelty, why not take it a step further and head to pelotas, near porto alegre in the same rio grande do sul state. the city is not only known for being stacked with gauchas lindas, but most of the guys in the city are gay!!!
if you go to porto alegre, definitely check out an internacional or gremio game... the first night of my trip there there was a copa libertadores game between the two, and it was sick!!!
ask a girl: "voce e' gremista?"

bottom line: head to porto alegre over floripa, but if you head to a smaller-scale place like pelotas you will be treated by the gauchas like a celebrity

Floripa is great in the high season (Dec-Mar). I saw some beautiful woman there.

Right now I'd go to PA

Quote: (04-28-2010 01:48 AM)elguapo Wrote:  

Floripa is great in the high season (Dec-Mar). I saw some beautiful woman there.

Right now I'd go to PA

And make sure it's late December. I hear it doesn't really start get poppin until Jan. And I would think make it early March as well. The prime time to be in any tourist destination in Brazil is really the end of December until Carnaval. That's when everyone is out of school.