rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Staying in State

Staying in State

Been thinking about posting this up here for a while. Looking for more ideas to elongate keep the state up for a long period of time.

For guys that know what I am talking about when you're in the "zone" you seem to get a mass amount of numbers/close a girl etc etc in a hurry, everyone is staring at you and you feel basically "unstoppable".

A few guidelines to get into state:

1. Not gaming when dead tired
2. Heavy leg workouts for a body high
3. Quick espresso shot
4. Stretch/muscle joint loosening exercises
5. Upbeat positive vibe music (not hard rock kill yourself music)
6. Watch some sort of inspirational video

The above basically is a decent routine.

Anyone got anything else that's good? No alcohol allowed everything else is fair game.

My best "state" is happy with a massive bounce to my step and the usual dose of who gives a fuck. If you have a different "state of mind" that's fine as well.

Staying in State

Boxing
Oysters
Sushi
Stretching
Shadow Boxing
Custom Suits
Smoking
Double Espressos
Apple Cider Vinegar
Green Tea

Staying in State

Personally after I complete a set of squats I get into the mood where I want to go over to the treadmill and caveman a girl off of there grunting and pounding my chest.

BUT

- Watch a show with a cocky/funny lead character. I find myself to be in a better mood if I watch something like californication, I'll start talking like Hank and its a bonus. (I guess any comedy)
- coffee
- getting something like a test back with good marks, having gotten a new notch the night before.
- reviewing goals and seeing how much you've progressed
- texting/calling a chick who wants to bang you
- knowing that you're the shit and any woman who doesn't want to take your warm load inside her is missing out.

Staying in State

Hmm okay and if we up the anti to say.. You slept for only 3 hours the night before and you must get in state?

I am seeing the theme already develop get loose, get happy, get pumped. So if you had to start when you're feeling like you got punched in the face what would be a must do. Right now my number one is a double espresso.

Staying in State

Quote: (01-07-2013 08:36 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Hmm okay and if we up the anti to say.. You slept for only 3 hours the night before and you must get in state?

I am seeing the theme already develop get loose, get happy, get pumped. So if you had to start when you're feeling like you got punched in the face what would be a must do. Right now my number one is a double espresso.

I forgot:

Jog
Ocean Swim
Pool Swim
Hot Tub
Sauna
Steam Room
Ice pack on eyes
Green Tea on eyes

I got a sh*t load of tricks to get going.

Staying in State

Quote: (01-07-2013 08:45 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Green Tea on eyes

What does that do G?

"Control of your words and emotions is the greatest predictor of success." - MaleDefined

Staying in State

In the sporting world, the difference between someone who's good with a potential/short career, and someone who's amazing with a long career is as follows (in my eyes).

Everyone is going to have their good days when they're in the zone, seeing everything before it happens, then playing it perfectly as it comes at you in slow motion. A good athlete might be able to compete with or even outplay a consistently amazing athlete on one of those days, but on average, the better athlete will perform better. Why? Because the top athlete has their skill set so fine tuned, at such a high level that, even on their worst day, they'll still be able to perform at an awesome level. If the good athlete mentioned earlier had the same bad day, his performance could potentially be woeful and he could get dropped from his team.

What you should be aiming for, is to bring your skill level to the point where it doesn't matter whether you're in the zone or not. You should still be able to perform at a high level on a bad day. In this case, a bad day should be something like getting some solid dates set up, and maybe having to call up some girl from last week for a repeat performance. Your good days should consist of walking to your venue, 2 girls volunteer their numbers to you on the way, and the moment you walk in a smoking hot blonde approaches you and tells you that her and the even hotter friend standing over there want to tag team you.

I vaguely recall some blogger wrote something about being able to pick up, even when not "in state." May have been Heartiste/Roissy

Staying in State

Don't actively try to get in state before doing something. It will make you develop bad habits of needing to feel certain way before being able to do things. Not good. And as for that "I'm on fire" state, it's only a nice little bonus, not the goal itself to achieve. It's just little side effect. It comes in waves. It's completely unsustainable.

1. You don't try to get in state. You admit you feel off and accept it.
2. You start doing what you're about to regardless of feeling off.
3. You understand that first few minutes will be horrible so you're not hard on yourself.
5. You start getting warm up.
5. You notice that as you're doing whatever you're doing it starts to snowball. You gain momentum and eventually you get in the zone.
6. You develop consistency and a habit of doing things regardless of temporary circumstances. SWEET! [Image: amuse.gif]

It applies to everything. So if you're under slept the best way to get the ball rolling is to just start doing what planned and let yourself adapt to that activity. Basically, it makes you understand that you brain will adapt to everything once you start and persist. Therefore, mood/emotions/weather/etc become irrelevant. This sounds like obvious kids stuff thing but it's actually HUGE REALIZATION. How many times we find ourselves unfocused and not feeling like doing anything and letting that stop us or procrastinate.

Staying in State

Sex puts me in state.
Having notch goals has put me in state.
Warming up by talking to stranger girls on the street subway works to build my state.
Sometimes, not moving until I can feel the weight of my body in a way that it feels like I'm anchored 10 ft. into the ground makes me feel in state.
Dancing.
Anything that gets my mind off sweating the small stuff or a girls looks.
Reading Player blogs andRVF reminds me of reality and helps me to maintain state.
Hanging out with better players than myself.
Wearing clothes that make me look as attractive as possible for the time and place gives me a licence to be a lady killer and get respect from everyone.
When logistics line u wekk and everything seems to be running smoothly, that does it.

Staying in State

Or you could play "I'm out of it" game instead of fighting it. Exaggerate your tiredness instead of hiding it.

Staying in State

Yeah soup knows this, it's much much better to mock yourself in that low point and try to do your thing regardless like.. "oh no no no.. poor little me.. I'm feeling so bad.. sooo bad.. let's see if I can do something in this state.. left foot right foot.. oh nooo.. it sucks soooo bad.. I wonder if I could bang a girl like this.. that would be awesome.. I'd never cum.. ha ha ha..". By doing that you also train yourself to view obstacles or resistance as something ridiculous and hilarious that you can't take them seriously. Then little weird smirk appears on your face and it diffuses that shitty mood/resistance.

Staying in State

Quote: (01-08-2013 04:49 AM)XXL Wrote:  

Don't actively try to get in state before doing something. It will make you develop bad habits of needing to feel certain way before being able to do things. Not good. And as for that "I'm on fire" state, it's only a nice little bonus, not the goal itself to achieve. It's just little side effect. It comes in waves. It's completely unsustainable.

1. You don't try to get in state. You admit you feel off and accept it.
2. You start doing what you're about to regardless of feeling off.
3. You understand that first few minutes will be horrible so you're not hard on yourself.
5. You start getting warm up.
5. You notice that as you're doing whatever you're doing it starts to snowball. You gain momentum and eventually you get in the zone.
6. You develop consistency and a habit of doing things regardless of temporary circumstances. SWEET! [Image: amuse.gif]

It applies to everything. So if you're under slept the best way to get the ball rolling is to just start doing what planned and let yourself adapt to that activity. Basically, it makes you understand that you brain will adapt to everything once you start and persist. Therefore, mood/emotions/weather/etc become irrelevant. This sounds like obvious kids stuff thing but it's actually HUGE REALIZATION. How many times we find ourselves unfocused and not feeling like doing anything and letting that stop us or procrastinate.

The funny thing is, once you accept the current situation of "being out of state" and start talking to girls, no matter if you're getting blown out, tired, whatever; if you keep pushing, you eventually get into state.

Staying in State

Agree with all the comments.

You guys have a separate state for day vs night game? Roughly same process on my end.

Staying in State

Quote: (01-08-2013 03:46 AM)NuMbEr7 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-07-2013 08:45 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Green Tea on eyes

What does that do G?

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness...-eyes1.htm

Staying in State

I think the only qualities you need in your state are:

-action-taking
-feeling entitled (i.e. that you deserve her, are valuable to girls like her, etc)
-willingness to accept / deal with brushoffs or cold shoulders

If not, you can push through anyway, but it helps if you have that foundation. Those things make the difference, and are also the hardest to change.

Staying in State

Quote: (01-08-2013 06:10 AM)XXL Wrote:  

Yeah soup knows this, it's much much better to mock yourself in that low point and try to do your thing regardless like.. "oh no no no.. poor little me.. I'm feeling so bad.. sooo bad.. let's see if I can do something in this state.. left foot right foot.. oh nooo.. it sucks soooo bad.. I wonder if I could bang a girl like this.. that would be awesome.. I'd never cum.. ha ha ha..". By doing that you also train yourself to view obstacles or resistance as something ridiculous and hilarious that you can't take them seriously. Then little weird smirk appears on your face and it diffuses that shitty mood/resistance.

It's all about that smirk. That's the mark of confidence.

Staying in State

The title of this thread is "Staying" in state.

But, then the OP says

Quote: (01-07-2013 08:21 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

get into state:

"Staying" and "Getting" are 2 different things!

"Staying" in state means you are already "in state" and would like to continue or remain "in state".

"Getting" in state means you are not yet "in state" but are trying to force yourself into that feeling.

See the difference?

"Staying" in state is easy. Momentum is already working for you. Adrenaline is already flowing, etc. Just keep talking to people, keep partying, have a drink, whatever. You are already there! It doesn't take much to "stay" there!

"Getting" into state is what most guys are talking about here..

Coffee
Exercise
Music
Jogging on the beach
etc.

Any of these things can work. Anything that speeds up your heart rate, releases adrenaline, releases dopamine, releases anabolics, and/or stirs up your emotions can help you get into state. We all have little routines that help us "get our blood flowing".

I like to meditate, take cold showers, and have people slap me in the face.

This helps me get into state.

I also like to sleep. When I wake up after a long nap, I always feel fresh and charged and ready to go.

Alcohol also gets me into a nice state.

And, I scream and yell like the wild animal that I am.

Those things help me "get" into state.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, What I really want to say is this..

I don't often need to "get" into state. I am always "in state". WestCoast knows this. Certain things will "elevate" my state but generally speaking, I am "in state" when I wake up in the morning. The only thing that takes me out of state is when I get tired. Then, I go into my "resting state".

I don't believe in having to "get" into state or having to "stay" in state. I believe in "BEING THE STATE"!

If you want to feel confident, excited, upbeat, social and fearless. You gotta have an attitude and perspective that is confident, excited, upbeat, social and fearless. You gotta live a life that is confident, excited, upbeat, social and fearless. You gotta make it your everyday, default personality!

If your day to day personality is boring and anti-social attitude, its tough to make the switch and all of the sudden become the life of the party. This is one of the reasons so many guys drink heavily. It's literally liquid courage.

100% authentic courage lasts longer then liquid courage. But, don't get me wrong, I do enjoy some booze occasionally.

In my opinion, its really all about FEAR. When you face the world with fear, it can seem scary, intimidating, tiring, frustrating, etc.

When fear is removed, you're like - "okay, what the fuck do I want to do today", "the world is mine"!

Nothing intimidates you. Being "in state" is just an absence of fear.

Its a constant process of crafting your personality. Deciding how you want to go through life and then re-wiring your brain to match your desires.

Being self aware of your own attitude and making adjustments as needed.

BE THE STATE! LIVE THE ATTITUDE!

You can't turn it on and off like a light switch. It's not that simple!

It took me a good 3-4 years to completely transform my attitude into total fearlessness. It takes hard word, dedication, focus, and commitment. Nothing worth while comes easy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: (01-08-2013 04:07 AM)Architekt Wrote:  

In the sporting world

What you should be aiming for, is to bring your skill level to the point where it doesn't matter whether you're in the zone or not. You should still be able to perform at a high level on a bad day.

Exactly! I love it.

I really love this. I am an athlete and a playboy. You are really speaking my language.

In athletic competition, being in a good state helps, but, its not the most important thing. The most important thing is my default skill level and my default confidence level.

I can be feeling shitty and not in a good mood. But, If my skill level is better then my opponent, I will win most times.

I can be feeling shitty and not in a good mood. But. If I have more authentic, legitimate, self belief then my opponent, I will have the advantage in pressure situations.

I can be "out of state" and my opponent can be "in state" but if my skills and confidence are better then his, I will still win most times.

In sports, just like in life, last minute tricks, and last minute mind games will only take you so far. The real key is to have a skill level that is good enough to get the job done. Once, you have enough experience completing jobs, you will KNOW that you are good enough. When you KNOW that you are good enough, you will have a quiet self belief that never leaves you.

Even when you are not "in state", you will not lose your belief in yourself and your skills.

If you have skills + self belief + confidence AND you are in a good "state". Well, then you are a fucking beast!!!

The greater your skills, the less "state" matters.

I don't even call it "state" anymore. I just call it my personality.

Staying in State

Quote: (01-08-2013 02:57 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

The title of this thread is "Staying" in state.

But, then the OP says

Quote: (01-07-2013 08:21 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

get into state:

"Staying" and "Getting" are 2 different things!

"Staying" in state means you are already "in state" and would like to continue or remain "in state".

"Getting" in state means you are not yet "in state" but are trying to force yourself into that feeling.

See the difference?

"Staying" in state is easy. Momentum is already working for you. Adrenaline is already flowing, etc. Just keep talking to people, keep partying, have a drink, whatever. You are already there! It doesn't take much to "stay" there!

"Getting" into state is what most guys are talking about here..

Coffee
Exercise
Music
Jogging on the beach
etc.

Any of these things can work. Anything that speeds up your heart rate, releases adrenaline, releases dopamine, releases anabolics, and/or stirs up your emotions can help you get into state. We all have little routines that help us "get our blood flowing".

I like to meditate, take cold showers, and have people slap me in the face.

This helps me get into state.

I also like to sleep. When I wake up after a long nap, I always feel fresh and charged and ready to go.

Alcohol also gets me into a nice state.

And, I scream and yell like the wild animal that I am.

Those things help me "get" into state.

Now, What I really want to say is this..

I don't often need to "get" into state. I am always "in state". WestCoast knows this. Certain things will "elevate" my state but generally speaking, I am "in state" when I wake up in the morning. The only thing that takes me out of state is when I get tired. Then, I go into my "resting state".

I don't believe in having to "get" into state or having to "stay" in state. I believe in "BEING THE STATE"!

If you want to feel confident, excited, upbeat, social and fearless. You gotta have an attitude and perspective that is confident, excited, upbeat, social and fearless. You gotta live a life that is confident, excited, upbeat, social and fearless. You gotta make it your everyday, default personality!

If your day to day personality is boring and anti-social attitude, its tough to make the switch and all of the sudden become the life of the party. This is one of the reasons so many guys drink heavily. It's literally liquid courage.

100% authentic courage lasts longer then liquid courage. But, don't get me wrong, I do enjoy some booze occasionally.

In my opinion, its really all about FEAR. When you face the world with fear, it can seem scary, intimidating, tiring, frustrating, etc.

When fear is removed, you're like - "okay, what the fuck do I want to do today", "the world is mine"!

Nothing intimidates you. Being "in state" is just an absence of fear.

Its a constant process of crafting your personality. Deciding how you want to go through life and then re-wiring your brain to match your desires.

Being self aware of your own attitude and making adjustments as needed.

BE THE STATE! LIVE THE ATTITUDE!

You can't turn it on and off like a light switch. It's not that simple!

It took me a good 3-4 years to completely transform my attitude into total fearlessness. It takes hard word, dedication, focus, and commitment. Nothing worth while comes easy.

Quote: (01-08-2013 04:07 AM)Architekt Wrote:  

In the sporting world

What you should be aiming for, is to bring your skill level to the point where it doesn't matter whether you're in the zone or not. You should still be able to perform at a high level on a bad day.

Exactly! I love it.

I really love this. I am an athlete and a playboy. You are really speaking my language.

In athletic competition, being in a good state helps, but, its not the most important thing. The most important thing is my default skill level and my default confidence level.

I can be feeling shitty and not in a good mood. But, If my skill level is better then my opponent, I will win most times.

I can be feeling shitty and not in a good mood. But. If I have more authentic, legitimate, self belief then my opponent, I will have the advantage in pressure situations.

I can be "out of state" and my opponent can be "in state" but if my skills and confidence are better then his, I will still win most times.

In sports, just like in life, last minute tricks, and last minute mind games will only take you so far. The real key is to have a skill level that is good enough to get the job done. Once, you have enough experience completing jobs, you will KNOW that you are good enough. When you KNOW that you are good enough, you will have a quiet self belief that never leaves you.

Even when you are not "in state", you will not lose your belief in yourself and skills.

If you have skills + self belief + confidence AND you are in a good "state". Well, then you are a fucking beast!!!

The greater your skills, the less "state" matters.

I don't even call it "state" anymore. I just call it my personality.

This post is awesome. It's like you drank a can of state bull or a shot of 5 hour state before writing it.

Staying in State

Yeah we have talked about this in passing a few times.

If you noticed the last few times we day gamed I'd grab a coffee or some sort of caffiene then I'd be in the mood to pick up and would "flip the switch".

Usually, it's a "heater" where numbers/closes all happen very fast (we had one of these a few months ago where every single approach some how worked in 1hour) then it suddenly just died, maybe this is just due to timing.

So I guess what I'd say is, what would you do to keep that extreme high up for a long-period. Sounds like same stuff though more practice and more rest ha.

Note i'm doing multiple red eye flights this week alone! I feel this is a great time to try and be in state 24/7 even off no sleep. Some sort of monk like practice if you will. Been opening at the airport etc, getting bogged by the 12 hour mark or so.

Staying in State

I think some people are conflating state and core confidence/self-esteem. Chasing state 24/7 isn't that healthy of a thing to do.

Staying in State

Quote: (01-08-2013 03:13 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

more practice

What else is proven to work?

There are no shortcuts. There harder you work the faster you will see results.

Practice is all I know how to do. I wake up, I go as hard as I can, for as long as I can, then I go to bed. In 10 hours, I repeat the process.

Going hard is all I know how to do.

As far as sleep, I never deprive myself. Again, there is no substitute or "supplement" for it.

If your body wants to rest, there isn't much you can do to counter act the bio-chemistry. Maybe cocaine? I don't know, I've never tried it?

The first time we day gamed together downtown we had a "synergistic" experience. We fed off of each other. We helped elevate each others state. You had a breakthrough moment when you approached the girl in white from Miami. That breakthrough moment gave both of us momentum. We can do it again. Next time we hang out, I will bring my A game and we will will get into that state again. It's a little easier in the summer time because everyone is in a elevated state. It's harder in the winter because people are generally a bit more closed off.

That day was just the perfect storm of weather, timing, chemistry, etc.

But, we can create that again if we want to. Next time we game together, I will go crazy and force both of us to a higher level.

You ask how to keep that "extreme high for a longer period"?

I think that its only possible to remain in that state for 4-48 hours, tops. The body only has so much adrenaline, dopamine, etc. available at any given time. Once those chemicals run out, we experience a bit of a "come down". A little alcohol or coffee might help, a little food can give a boost but once those chemicals run dry, the only thing you can do is rest and allow your body to produce more.

Get some sleep slayer, you sound tired. When I'm tired. I switch to "inactive gaming". I read, I study, I observe. I don't force myself if I'm not feeling it.

But, you are doing some experimentations right now with your "state" and energy levels. Pushing yourself to see how far you can go!

That's fun too sometimes. I don't do it to much anymore because I don't enjoy it when I'm fatigued. I'd rather eat a steak and watch comedy!

Staying in State

Quote: (01-08-2013 03:47 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

I think some people are conflating state and core confidence/self-esteem.

Exactly. Some people think "getting into state" will make up for their lack of confidence. It might help for a few hours, just like drinking might help for a few hours. But, when you wake up in the morning, you will still have a lack of confidence.

It's like putting a band aid over an infected wound. The band aid will cover it up but the infection is still in your body.

Fear is an infection.

Staying in State

Basically I am experimenting with being able to execute with next to no sleep.

Yes I am a little nuts.

But am of the belief that your strength is entirely based on how good you are when you have nothing left.

Going out and pulling at night after a nap is easy, now trying to day game with no sleep for 36 hours is a whole different level of fatigue. A challenge for sure.

Staying in State

First off, I agree with everything Giovonny said and I'm also reminded of WestIndianArchie's excellent post in the "Honesty Method" thread.

For many of us, game comes naturally — the rest of us have to work at it. I myself am an introvert; my batteries tend to be charged by solitude and drained in social situations. For me to be an effective opener, I have to put myself through the paces — energy drinks, lifting weights, listening to pump-up music, whiskey shots, etc all help me get to the point where I can push past the anxiety of that first open of the night. Ultimately, as Giovonny said, the goal is to cure the infection — to change your perception of yourself and to stop holding yourself back from getting what you want out of life. But the cure isn't just some magic pill — it takes hard work, dedication, and effort. You have to gain the knowledge about best practices and you have to gain the confidence that you have mastered them. Luckily successes build on themselves and if you're willing to truly let go of your familiar self and your familiar behaviors, I believe you can change "who you are".

As for going out when you're tired — I've actually found that sometimes the nights when I'm too tried to go out are the nights that I'm most effective, provided I have a good wingman or small-group social situation that I'm walking into. The reason is because my internal focus is on being tired and so I project the more nonchalant / who-gives-a-fuck attitude that girls eat up. YMMV.

As for state/flow — there's certainly a marked difference between a shy, introverted person jolting themselves into what is, for him, unnatural behavior and finding yourself in that state of automatic action and intuitive engagement ... but maybe not that much difference. Some research has suggested that there may be a way to literally induce a flow state by passing electricity through the brain.

No one is "on" all the time — hell, even your dick is soft most of the time. But imagine if we could flip the switch at will!

"If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf." - Nikita Khrushchev

Staying in State

Quote: (01-08-2013 08:36 PM)WhiteFang Wrote:  

First off, I agree with everything Giovonny said and I'm also reminded of WestIndianArchie's excellent post in the "Honesty Method" thread.

For many of us, game comes naturally — the rest of us have to work at it. I myself am an introvert; my batteries tend to be charged by solitude and drained in social situations. For me to be an effective opener, I have to put myself through the paces — energy drinks, lifting weights, listening to pump-up music, whiskey shots, etc all help me get to the point where I can push past the anxiety of that first open of the night. Ultimately, as Giovonny said, the goal is to cure the infection — to change your perception of yourself and to stop holding yourself back from getting what you want out of life. But the cure isn't just some magic pill — it takes hard work, dedication, and effort. You have to gain the knowledge about best practices and you have to gain the confidence that you have mastered them. Luckily successes build on themselves and if you're willing to truly let go of your familiar self and your familiar behaviors, I believe you can change "who you are".

As for going out when you're tired — I've actually found that sometimes the nights when I'm too tried to go out are the nights that I'm most effective, provided I have a good wingman or small-group social situation that I'm walking into. The reason is because my internal focus is on being tired and so I project the more nonchalant / who-gives-a-fuck attitude that girls eat up. YMMV.

As for state/flow — there's certainly a marked difference between a shy, introverted person jolting themselves into what is, for him, unnatural behavior and finding yourself in that state of automatic action and intuitive engagement ... but maybe not that much difference. Some research has suggested that there may be a way to literally induce a flow state by passing electricity through the brain.

No one is "on" all the time — hell, even your dick is soft most of the time. But imagine if we could flip the switch at will!

As someone who is naturally extroverted but had to fine tune things to get the results I wanted with women, I can tell you that there are difficulties for us as well. There was a time when I didn't connect with people on a deeper level because I would talk too much and not listen. It was harder for me to calibrate my approaches and do the practical things in pickup such as logistics because I was so caught up in conversation and escalating.

But it's refreshing to hear your take on state as someone who is a natural introvert. I thought your post was intriguing. Especially the part about passing a current through the brain to produce a flow state.

From what I understand, all it does is cause the body to immediately undergo a seizure. I'm talking about electroconvulsive therapy, which gets a bad wrap, but some people with bipolar disorder and extreme depression who don't respond to meds respond very well to that type of treatment. Maybe the two concepts/treatments are related?