rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Northern New Jersey

Northern New Jersey

I have to travel back and forth to Northern New Jersey for work over the next few months. I'd like to stay and go out in the area (I have some flexibility on location), and I'd like to avoid going into the city. Venues that draw the 30+ and particularly the "off the boat" crowd would be idea. Any recommendations?

Northern New Jersey

If you don't want to live in Hoboken and be near the city, you're going to want to be in Morristown. It's about the only good place to spend weekends outsite of NYC/Hoboken in that area as it draws lots of people from N. Jersey. There's at least 6-8 decent bars several of which attract a line every weekend. Lots of foreign girls due to the diversity of NJ as well as many FOB au pairs that work for the wealthier families in the area. I spent a year there so let me know if you want more details.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Northern New Jersey

Morristown is one of the few places in my home state with which I'm not familiar, but I don't doubt what presidentcarter is saying for a second. I used to know some really hot girls from there and that area has a very heavy Colombian population. Dover, North Jersey, which is close to Morristown has or had the highest percentage of Colombians of any place in the United States.

Northern New Jersey

Quote: (01-04-2013 02:45 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Dover, North Jersey, which is close to Morristown has or had the highest percentage of Colombians of any place in the United States.

Dover is also the last stop on the Midtown direct transit line from NY Penn, so if you pass out coming back from NYC, that's where you'll wake up. I've known several people to get stranded there after a night out in the city. Not many cabs running around Dover [Image: icon_lol.gif]

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Northern New Jersey

Quote: (01-04-2013 02:54 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

Dover, North Jersey, which is close to Morristown has or had the highest percentage of Colombians of any place in the United States.

Dover is also the last stop on the Midtown direct transit line from NY Penn, so if you pass out coming back from NYC, that's where you'll wake up. I've known several people to get stranded there after a night out in the city. Not many cabs running around Dover [Image: icon_lol.gif]

Thanks gentlemen. May need to bring the Penn station Taco Bell game to Dover....

Northern New Jersey

What do you think of the girl quality in hoboken? Any spots you find to be good?

Northern New Jersey

Where are you staying during your time here?

For Morristown:

Park behind the Grasshopper and pregame there if you drink then walk over to Sona up the hill. Sometimes there is talent at Grasshopper but more likely the girls will be at Sona and the bars on that strip of 5 or so bars right next to each other. Morristown you're more likely to run into guidos than hipsters. Most people are normal. Also, don't go to Dark Horse. It's the only place with a cover and I heard it sucks ass.

Watch out for cops when driving home.

For Hoboken: Teak is almost always a good time. It's a loungey place. But parking in Hoboken is a bitch. There are bars lining the main street. With Hoboken, it's definitely better to arrive early, but it's more likely to have crowds during the weekday because of the number of young professionals that live there. Hoboken you're more likely to run into hipsters than guidos. But the guido element is still there in small amounts. Most people are normal.

I live closer to Morristown than Hoboken, so if I'm going to Hoboken it's more of an organized night where I find out whats the hot spot for the night, maybe get a room at the W so I don't have to drive back home, etc. Some places are dead and some places are popping the fuck off.

Morristown has less of a selection, so if you hit up Grasshopper or the bars around Sona, it's guaranteed there will be girls wherever you go.

Hope you have a good time.

PM me if you have any more specific questions.

Northern New Jersey

Morristown is one of the few places in my home state with which I'm not familiar, but I don't doubt what presidentcarter is saying for a second. I used to know some really hot girls from there and that area has a very heavy Colombian population. Dover, North Jersey, which is close to Morristown has or had the highest percentage of Colombians of any place in the United States.

Most of Dover is also a shit hole. I wouldn't say dangerous, but it's like they picked up a poor barrio in South America and dropped it off in NJ and spruced it up with modern-ish infrastructure. If you want to see a lot of Colombians go to Morris Avenue in Elizabeth DURING THE DAY. There are a couple universities right by there but even a lot of the students don't go around that area much at night last time I checked, but the university and the city of Elizabeth has been building it up nice so it might be better now.

Northern New Jersey

Most of north Jersey looks like some post-apocalyptic Blade Runner scenario. You're going to do best near the universities so look up the schools in the area and select venues accordingly. It might be a little out of your way but New Brunswick is probably your best bet...

Northern New Jersey

Morristown is ok but it's a good hour down route 80 from NY or Fort Lee on the Jersey side of the GWB. When people say North Jersey they usually mean Bergen County. Anything outside of that is the sticks.

I recommend two places:

Blend in Ridgewood
http://www.blendbar.com/

46 Lounge in Totowa
http://www.46lounge.com/

The rest is littered with little shit pubs full of locals.

There's a string of dirty little strip clubs on Market Street in Paterson you can check out. Ask anyone ...they'll know where they are. Full of black girls, Latinas and Russians. You can get extras for a price.

Team Nachos

Northern New Jersey

Four sixty six in West Orange is supposed to be one of the most upscale places in NJ. There's a cover and it's supposed to mix a Vegas/NYC vibe. I've never been but it I heard it was awesome when it first opened up. I have no clue what it's like now, but they poured a millions of dollars into the place.

http://4sixty6.com/

My friend went there for I believe Eric Morillo and she said it was decent but shes a pretentious club snob even in her late ass twenties or maybe she's even 30 now. So I'm guessing it's good and there were just hotter, younger girls than her there.

Northern New Jersey

Quote: (01-10-2013 11:49 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Morristown is ok but it's a good hour down route 80 from NY or Fort Lee on the Jersey side of the GWB. When people say North Jersey they usually mean Bergen County. Anything outside of that is the sticks.

I recommend two places:

Blend in Ridgewood
http://www.blendbar.com/

46 Lounge in Totowa
http://www.46lounge.com/

The rest is littered with little shit pubs full of locals.

There's a string of dirty little strip clubs on Market Street in Paterson you can check out. Ask anyone ...they'll know where they are. Full of black girls, Latinas and Russians. You can get extras for a price.

Yeah I live probably a good 30 minutes on 80 west from where you live, so Morristown is much closer to me than Hoboken.

Northern New Jersey

What counties are you guys considering North Jersey? I feel like if you grew up near a lot of pine trees like I did "north Jersey" is further south than if you grew up outside of NYC in Bergen county or something.

Northern New Jersey

Quote: (01-11-2013 12:36 AM)Vitriol Wrote:  

What counties are you guys considering North Jersey? I feel like if you grew up near a lot of pine trees like I did "north Jersey" is further south than if you grew up outside of NYC in Bergen county or something.

Well I grew up in a shore town in Monmouth. I had the truck up on big tires and everything [Image: lol.gif]

I've always considered North Jersey to be a few towns:
Newark
Jersey City
Hoboken
Secaucus(only because Giants Stadium is there)

Pretty much any town where you can pick up a Path Train to NYC.
We used to drive up, park and take the Path to hang out in "The City" for the day or whatever.

Now that I live in Bergen County. I consider anything outside of it not worth living in.
I'm sure I'd feel the same way about NJ if I lived in Manhattan(as most New Yorkers do).

Jersey gets a bad rap these days because of "The Jersey Shore" among other things.
It's not really how they portray it on the show. Those guys are typical North Jersey, Staten Island,
Brooklyn Guidos. The locals in all the shore towns are basically white trash blue collar people. Lotsa
tattoos and piercings. Listen to metal and hardcore music. Smoke pot, take pills and shoot heroin.
There's plenty of dirty hippies near the beach as well. You'd be surprised how many regular girls
I know that have been strippers at one point in their lives.

Shit I should put together a datasheet. I know the whole goddamn state [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos