rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Health: Sleeping on the Floor

Not sure if there's a thread about this out already, but I couldn't find one when I searched.

I used to intentionally sleep on the floor when I lived in California. I've even smashed chicks like that. I have a bed, but I choose to sleep on the floor again these days. You may want to consider sleeping on the floor for the many health benefits. It's the same mindset as to why I take cold showers.

Below are some of the benefits to sleeping on the floor.

Blood Circulation
When you sleep on a mattress the body parts that support your weight are your soft tissues. On the other hand, when you sleep on the floor, the bones are the ones to support your weight, allowing a better blood circulation. The reason for that is that our bones are designed to bear weight whereas blood vessels aren’t.

Alignment
Because mattresses are very soft and comfy, we actually sink in when we sleep on them, causing our body alignment to mess up.

Back And Neck Pain

Mattresses’ manufacturers may claim that their products are the best, or that they’re orthopedic or I don’t know what. But the sad truth is that mattresses cause us back and neck pain, and the floor prevents it from happening.

Lifestyle benefits of sleeping on the floor

Space
When you don’t sleep on a bed, you actually save a lot of space. Although it may sound a bit cheap and sad, it is true. Sleeping on the floor in fact takes less space. Have that in mind.

Money
Many beds nowadays have ridiculous costs. Some are even in thousands of dollars. While you may disagree with the statement that floor is free, or at least cheaper, if you already have one, then the deal is done. You have to buy a new bed if you don’t have one, right?

Ancestors
Think about our ancestors and how they lived thousands of years ago. They slept more than we do in today’s world, and they did sleep on the floor, right? Maybe they had “beds” made of leaves, fur, etc. At the bottom line, the fact is that they had a better lifestyle, stronger body and a healthier soul. Probably, just probably, they had something right.

Waking Up
You know that mornings when you feel too much comfortable in your bed and you just can’t wake up, or at least on time? When sleeping on the floor you just won’t have the excuse to not get out of your bed. Moreover, when you wake up on time it is only in your favor. Personally, I like my nights long but my days even longer. More time to do anything you want and improve yourself.

Links

http://greensmoothiesblog.com/sleep-hard-surface/

http://www.beautifulonraw.com/raw-food-b...the-floor/

http://benefitof.net/benefits-of-sleeping-on-the-floor/

So directly on the floor, no thin pad of any kind (like a big yoga mat or something)? Do you use a standard pillow or something else? I want to give this a try b/c getting up has been a real problem for me lately.

If you are worried about space, loft beds give you room for a couch or desk underneath.

When I sleep on my back, I don't use a pillow because I want to stay aligned. I will use a pillow when I sleep on my sides.

Without some kind of cushion, it's bone>skin>hard surface which puts a lot of pressure on the skin.

Our ancestors probably slept on dirt, grass, or furs. Even animals make little beds- cats like to snuggle up in bundles of clothes and birds make nests.

Also, animals sleep on each other a lot and have their own fur as cushion.

Quote: (01-02-2013 10:40 AM)Menace Wrote:  

So directly on the floor, no thin pad of any kind (like a big yoga mat or something)? Do you use a standard pillow or something else? I want to give this a try b/c getting up has been a real problem for me lately.

I use a thick comforter. Standard feather pillow but sometimes I don't even use that.

Sleeping on the floor kills my back. Interesting that it feels good for you, it absolutely destroys me.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (01-02-2013 11:03 AM)soup Wrote:  

When I sleep on my back, I don't use a pillow because I want to stay aligned. I will use a pillow when I sleep on my sides.

Same here.

I've always preferred sleeping on hard surfaces, never really thought much about it.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

I've pondered this question for a long time. I do think it is unhealthy to travel a lot and sleep on different mattresses. A friend used to drive a truck, and was constantly in different ones. He started having back problems, and began sleeping on the cabin floors. Now he always sleeps that way, even in his house, and claims he doesn't have anymore back issues. I know from experience in the last year shitty mattresses and constant bed changing kills my alignment, to the point of headaches.

How about the Japanese? They use platform beds. I think it is important to stay off the floor, especially with carpet. You are sleeping with dust and other shit that can cause respiratory ailments. A quick Google search produced this for only $140 dollars.

http://www.target.com/p/simply-basics-pl...u=10212022

I mean seriously, do the Japanese have a history of chronic back problems? I never seen the elderly hunched over like other people in that region. We need to find better information on this. It's impossible in the the U.S. due to the mattress manufacturers flooding the internet with their marketing propaganda.

Great thread HC!

@Ali - good idea about the platform bed. I might go to Home Depot and just get the plywood I need to build one myself.

I only sleep on the floors when I am at a house party. Or on vacation.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

I've heard good things about memory foam mattresses from guys with severe back injuries. If I were stationary, I'd buy one with a 6 month money back guarantee. Problem is, most of us are nomadic, so we need to consider finding a constant.

Here's an interesting article:

http://myjapanesebed.com/japanese-bed-studies/

I've slept on the thin foam mattresses on either military cots, or on the floor, and didn't have a problem.

You can buy a memory foam matresss topper for about 150 buxs. Thats what I have. I have a 3 inch one. Its like sleeping on a cloud.

My mom has back problems that were 100% eliminated by it.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Another benefit to sleeping on the floor is that it's much harder to sleep in. Once you're awake, laying on a hard surface just isn't very comfortable.

I've never been able to sleep well on a truly hard surface, but I spent a month last year sleeping on a thin mat after a I developed some minor chronic back pain. I had good sleeps and my back got better quickly.

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter

This thread is sparking my interest as I have to downsize my Bedroom soon. I will only have 80 squarefeet of space and right now I got a nice California King bed that I will have to put into storage or sell. I like the minimalist look of these Japanese beds, plus I like how I could get a setup I could easily take-apart for more space, but how are they for banging? How does the floor aspect work with bangs? If you have a tasteful setup I can see it being an issue but just wondering if kats on here have any experience with that.

Quote: (01-02-2013 11:54 AM)kosko Wrote:  

This thread is sparking my interest as I have to downsize my Bedroom soon. I will only have 80 squarefeet of space and right now I got a nice California King bed that I will have to put into storage or sell. I like the minimalist look of these Japanese beds, plus I like how I could get a setup I could easily take-apart for more space, but how are they for banging? How does the floor aspect work with bangs? If you have a tasteful setup I can see it being an issue but just wondering if kats on here have any experience with that.

Man, the day I find a permanent home is the day I order one of these:

[Image: attachment.jpg9346]   

I see all kinds of potential for sex with this one. Problem is the cost and finding one in other countries. A quick search came up with this:

http://community.homedepot.com/t5/Build-...318/page/3

Doesn't seem hard to build. Even the DR had Serta dealers, so getting a foam topper shouldn't be hard overseas. I imagine getting one of the frames built in SEA would be cheap, as well as parts of S. America.

Not trying to ramble, just brainstorming. Feel free to jump in.

Quote: (01-02-2013 12:04 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Quote: (01-02-2013 11:54 AM)kosko Wrote:  

Man, the day I find a permanent home is the day I order one of these:

I see all kinds of potential for sex with this one. Problem is the cost and finding one in other countries. A quick search came up with this:

http://community.homedepot.com/t5/Build-...318/page/3

Doesn't seem hard to build. Even the DR had Serta dealers, so getting a foam topper shouldn't be hard overseas. I imagine getting one of the frames built in SEA would be cheap, as well as parts of S. America.

Not trying to ramble, just brainstorming. Feel free to jump in.

Fuck I wish I took woodworking class instead of welding back in HS. Because this has been nagging me as a project I would want to do. It seems simple enough and would be rewarding as hell to do.

That's the thing though building it would probably cost the same as a low end ready made. I could hopefully get better quality materials but my own dodgy construction could pretty much make it equal to the low-end ready to go model.

Maybe some RVF heads are handy with the Carpentry and could give some simple advice.

What do people know about Tatami Mats?

[Image: 9018.jpg]

Just searching around after HC dropped this seat I came across them and they look quite nice. I would ideally place one on a nice Platform type frame and call it a day.

I suck HUGE donkey balls at working with wood. Metal is a different story. You have to network. I always have a competent carpenter on speed dial, that will help me for the price of food and beer. [Image: idea.gif] I'm talking right now with one over the plans I posted over on the Home Depot forum. He said $300 will make a pimp bed, but should be able to do for $100 if keeping it simple.

I'm thinking about making the DR a semi-permanent home, so figuring out how to get one of these beds down is priority. I can make the stands and buy a Japanese mattress and ship in a barrel. Easy, but the rest of the bed will take me coming up with drawings, translate into Spanish, and finding a good carpenter to finish the big stuff. Shouldn't be an issue.

The memory foam matress topper (3inches) for queen is ridiculously heavy. I think 30 lbs.

Full memory foam matress is 10 inches.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

The best sex I've ever had was on the floor. I have a back injury and laying flat on the floor brings me relief when I'm having pain.

lol. Some of the reasons are completely bunk.

I have a Japanese style hard mattress, and I always get a great night's sleep on it.

Some people say they like to sleep on the floor. I hate it.

I have slept on floors, couches, futons, hammocks, sleeping pads, bed rolls, etc. I have even slept on piles of clothes to add some softness.

My favorite?

A nice bed.

Quote: (01-02-2013 10:23 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Ancestors

the fact is that they had a better lifestyle, stronger body and a healthier soul. Probably, just probably, they had something right.

Sleeping on the floor = Better lifestyle, stronger body, healthier soul?

I don't know. I think we have a better lifestyle then the cavemen did.

Just saying.

When I was a teenager and we would go to visit extended family, we often stayed in my grandpas house and me, my parents, and my sister had to sleep in a room with one queen bed and one twin. I slept on the floor on a folded-up blanket one night, and liked it way more than I expected.

I do it pretty often now. I always wake up feeling more energetic and have less trouble getting going in the morning. Also, there's something satisfyingly primal about fucking a girl on the floor, like you couldn't even wait to get to a soft piece of furniture. Really gets that spark in their eye sometimes.

If you want to learn woodworking for basic shit like a platform bed, coffee table, etc there are 3 easy resources:

1) YouTube - TONS of great woodworking furniture tutorials
2) PBS's Woodwright Shop - great stuff.
3) Remind yourself that if Ana White, a hot mom and woman (obviously), can do this, but you can't then you're not fit to call yourself a man. BTW her site has great plans and techniques for all sorts of shit: http://ana-white.com

No thanks. I used to have no choice and had to sleep on people's floors and couches. I'll just get a petite girl to step on my back if it's hurting me.