rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If you could do your job from anywhere in the world, where would you live?

So if you were ot graduate from university in a few years (late 20's isnt uncommon here), and were in a field that would probably allow you to work anywhere in the world, where would you try to get?

I dont have strong family ties, and my circle of friends has pretty much broken apart (came to realize they were really just buddies you hang out with, and once people get a job they move elsewhere, etc.).

For me it's not all about the women, but they certainly are an important area of life (hey..not fooling myself!).

I do like modern places & south american women - then again I dont like hot weather year around & I like modern places.

I guess Im not really asking for advice, but its more my curiosity (wondering if you guys would stay in the US or end up elsewhere if you had the option)

some place with hot women, a nice beach, good weather, with a good amount of daytime activities and nightlife.

I'd spend my time split between Brazil, Italy and Lebanon. I'd only come to the U.S. for that occasional visit with friends and family, and of course to check on all my properties. ;D

Everyone is going to have a different answer. Depends on what is most important to you.

@roosH:yeah like I said im just curious what everyone here would do rather than asking for advice

I think the ideal would be to chose several spots and rotate through them through out the year. Spend the winter in a warm climate, and the summer in a mild climate, etc.

Quote: (04-18-2010 05:32 PM)PartyTime Wrote:  

I think the ideal would be to chose several spots and rotate through them through out the year. Spend the winter in a warm climate, and the summer in a mild climate, etc.

Exactly. Hence the need for The G Manifesto Calendar.

Quote: (04-18-2010 07:57 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (04-18-2010 05:32 PM)PartyTime Wrote:  

Exactly. Hence the need for The G Manifesto Calendar.

Two sexy/prime residences. Two sexy/prime locations. Rent one residence while you use the other, and visa versa.

Works well with sublets. Even better if you own both properties.

Done right, you're living with no housing expense, and just paying for misc. bills and entertainment.

Living large like a millionaire without being one.

I'm gonna respond with an opinion that excludes women and cost from the equation. I'm excluding women because, with the exception of places like Iran, I'm of the opinion that women are readily attainable wherever a skilled guy goes. Therefore, unless your into cheap P4P, picking a place primarily for the women is kind of retarded. However, if a guy is repulsed by the physique of the average woman in the region, like if excessive body hair or obesity is all too common, then thats legitimate. I'm excluding cost because you didn't include it, and for some guys its not a consideration.

Therefore, culture , things to do and weather are the largest considerations. I'm also assuming that the the long term attractiveness of living there is a consideration, and not just its value as a brief touristic destination.

I'd choose Italy, the South of France and Colombia. Being extremely pale though, I might tire of the sun before not too long. Maybe Berlin in the Summer.

Quote: (04-17-2010 10:08 PM)GermanDude Wrote:  

I do like modern places & south american women - then again I dont like hot weather year around & I like modern places.

I know you weren't looking for advice, but if you like modern places and don't mind weather, try Northwestern Europe. Denmark, Sweden and the Netherlands in-particular. But I'm sure your keyed into this already. Personally, I love the Netherlands, although the women in the other countries can be easier to get to know. English is widely spoken in all three.

And I don't know about living there, but definitely give Switzerland a go if you are into wealth / modernity mixed with one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. You shouldn't miss it. Although, language can be an issue.

Interesting input, thanks. I find this part

Quote:Quote:

I'm excluding women because, with the exception of places like Iran, I'm of the opinion that women are readily attainable wherever a skilled guy goes. Therefore, unless your into cheap P4P, picking a place primarily for the women is kind of retarded.

particularly interesting.

Ive never looked much into the whole 'game' thing ..other than the basics of course...

Are (some of) you guys really that good at it that picking up truly hot women comes as simple as that?

hope this doesnt sound conceited, but i seem to be fairly good-looking (and usually catch the interest of the hotties) - at this (early) stage in my life. However, admittedly im a bit self-conscious (yup ill admit it) to how thatll look in 10 years from now. Maybe my hair will thin, maybe Ill put on some weight (Im into working out so hopefully not too soon), I might need glasses who knows -aging you know lol.

Can a "skilled" guy with say average looks truly pull HB9s and HB10s at relative ease?

Quote: (04-19-2010 12:54 AM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

I'm gonna respond with an opinion that excludes women and cost from the equation. I'm excluding women because, with the exception of places like Iran, I'm of the opinion that women are readily attainable wherever a skilled guy goes. Therefore, unless your into cheap P4P, picking a place primarily for the women is kind of retarded. However, if a guy is repulsed by the physique of the average woman in the region, like if excessive body hair or obesity is all too common, then thats legitimate. I'm excluding cost because you didn't include it, and for some guys its not a consideration.

Therefore, culture , things to do and weather are the largest considerations. I'm also assuming that the the long term attractiveness of living there is a consideration, and not just its value as a brief touristic destination.

I'd choose Italy, the South of France and Colombia. Being extremely pale though, I might tire of the sun before not too long. Maybe Berlin in the Summer.

Quote: (04-17-2010 10:08 PM)GermanDude Wrote:  

I know you weren't looking for advice, but if you like modern places and don't mind weather, try Northwestern Europe. Denmark, Sweden and the Netherlands in-particular. But I'm sure your keyed into this already. Personally, I love the Netherlands, although the women in the other countries can be easier to get to know. English is widely spoken in all three.

And I don't know about living there, but definitely give Switzerland a go if you are into wealth / modernity mixed with one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. You shouldn't miss it. Although, language can be an issue.

what's the gmanifesto calendar?

For me I like big cities, good night life, attractive locals, easy access, activities....

If I could pic anywhere regardless of cost as a base, it would probably be New York City... at least in the warmer months.. that place is magical to me. Next would probably be Berlin...

The two places I've visited that I could see myself long term in South America would be Medellin and Cordoba. Both which happen to be very popular on this forum... I'm coming to Brazil in six weeks and will be checking out Rio and Fortaleza - I'm looking at investing in the latter as I mentioned here - http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1919.html

As roosh said, depends what floats your boat... have to visit them first, and see if you are enchanted or not..

sorry two others I'm interested in are:
Belo Horizonte - supposed to be a modern, safe city famous for its bars and beautiful (albeit more conservative) women. Plus you would be one of five foreigners in town which could only be a good thing if your Portuguese is up to speed.

Looking forward to Roosh sending out his report on this one.... assuming his not too busy cracking the Argentine nut [Image: smile.gif]

the other is Quito. My mate says it is dirt cheap, the girls LOVE foreigners and it is super easy to explore to other areas of Ecuador with cheap domestic flights. Whilst security is a concern, if you have the confident swagger, he reckons you'll be fine.

Quote: (04-19-2010 01:25 AM)GermanDude Wrote:  

Ive never looked much into the whole 'game' thing ..other than the basics of course...

Are (some of) you guys really that good at it that picking up truly hot women comes as simple as that?

hope this doesnt sound conceited, but i seem to be fairly good-looking (and usually catch the interest of the hotties) - at this (early) stage in my life. However, admittedly im a bit self-conscious (yup ill admit it) to how thatll look in 10 years from now. Maybe my hair will thin, maybe Ill put on some weight (Im into working out so hopefully not too soon), I might need glasses who knows -aging you know lol.

Can a "skilled" guy with say average looks truly pull HB9s and HB10s at relative ease?

Haha...this is a funny question to answer, as I guess 'ease' is relative. Also, I'm no George Clooney is smoothness nor looks. Therefore, his "with ease" would be a lot easier than my "with ease".

This is my current perspective as, I suspect, is the current perspective of most guys on the board:

Its a numbers game, and a 'fear' game. Conquer both, and almost any guy will have a relatively easy time picking up hot women with consistency, as long as he takes the time to learn some other basics of psychology relevant to dealing with women. Get the fear conquered, the psychology basics down and just be resigned to the fact that not every woman will respond to you, hot or not, but many will, hot or not. In the end, hot or not, women are women. As a group, they tend to be fairly uniform in what they respond to and what they do not. Once you realize this, the hot women aren't much harder than women with lesser looks.

The only difference tends to be that guys tend to show more fear around hot women, which does illicit a worse response from them. Therefore, guys think hot women are harder. In reality, its the guys increased fear, and the resultant different way that they act around hot women, thats the problem. There are some resources that members of this board can recommend in that psychology arena. Just don't get caught up in learning everything that has ever been written about 'game', because you will then have a lot of noise to slog through. Try cutting to the chase through boards like this.

Looks will get you the interview, but it isn't enough to land the job (usually - there are always exceptions). I know, as my brother is classically good looking and I am not (although I'm not hideous either). I see what he gets and I know what I get. Guys with lesser looks just become more linguistically adept at getting a womans interest. Like fat girls, they are forced to become more interesting, cool and confident. Once you have a womans attention, you are more or less on the same ground as better looking guys, barring any socially crippling physical deformity. Usually the better personality will win out. However, there are exceptions to the rule which, more often than not, result from a small percentage of women having an insecure need for validation over every other thing. A lot of these women aren't the hot ones, anyway. Hot women tend to know they are hot, and therefore don't need a 'hot' guy to validate them.

Although you have some looks now, don't use them as a crutch. Force yourself to become more interesting, psychologically better with women and work on becoming a better man NOW when you have the advantage of youth, free time and energy. That way, if you lose your looks, it won't matter much and you won't care, as women will still pose little problem for you.

Apropos of the original post, I find that women outside of the USA tend to be easier / more enjoyable to pick up for me in almost every country that I've visited (Europe / Asia / Latin America). Although, I can easily pick up in the USA with the aforementioned mindsets. While there may many reasons for this, I believe, I find foreign women more open to classic man women dynamics / seduction vs the power games that many women insist on here in the states. I tend to connect with the personalities of foreign women more, due to their frequently better education, adherence to classic relationship dynamics and femininity. I usually get women to bed in the USA fast, once I get a date, but its less enjoyable overall. Therefore, my statement about how it doesn't matter where you go, as far as women are concerned, as once you get good with women in general, the world is your oyster.

Quote: (04-18-2010 08:31 PM)kindredspirit Wrote:  

Living large like a millionaire without being one.

I forgot where I read this, but a very wealthy man who owned many houses all over the world was asked about his properties. His reply was that it was a really stupid idea buying all those houses. He was basically paying to have this maids, chefs, and other staff live in his houses while he spent a small amount of time at each.

Furnished short term apartments are a awesome. Its like having a condo in every country in the world.

Quote: (04-19-2010 06:37 AM)damok Wrote:  

what's the gmanifesto calendar?

For me I like big cities, good night life, attractive locals, easy access, activities....

If I could pic anywhere regardless of cost as a base, it would probably be New York City... at least in the warmer months.. that place is magical to me. Next would probably be Berlin...

The two places I've visited that I could see myself long term in South America would be Medellin and Cordoba. Both which happen to be very popular on this forum... I'm coming to Brazil in six weeks and will be checking out Rio and Fortaleza - I'm looking at investing in the latter as I mentioned here - http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1919.html

As roosh said, depends what floats your boat... have to visit them first, and see if you are enchanted or not..

New York used to be magical for me. Now, I hate what its become. Too corporate / culturally sanitized, too overpriced (while it was always expensive) and too many people (which drives the overpricing). I can't help feeling like cattle in that city, and any Bohemian vibe that is left seems like its forced, too self aware and for sale.

Why would you invest in Fortaleza? What makes you think that you could source a solid investment there, not being from there or having any local market insight that isn't handed to you on a platter (ie: sold)? Be careful. I can say, with certainty, that any investment there would have to be closely babysat; the only exception being raw land.

http://www.askmen.com/specials/top_29_cities/

Thanks for the thorough reply hydrogonian,

personally if I learned to much about this game/psychology kind of thing it would take the joy out of it for me (I believe). Thus, I like to keep it simple..I used to have a major (I really mean major) approach anxiety problem, and have worked on that over the years to the point where Im better at it than most guys now (so Im half-way where I want to be).

Or..I realize that you have to act like a Man, not a wuss..the basic stuff.

However, I must say that considering how much you like the women in a place you might move to as one important factor (considering this is an important area of life) as a bad idea, is not something Id agree with.

I like pretty (and friendly [Image: wink.gif]) women, and the situation Im in right now. And if in another location women generally age better, and youre more attractive to them (thus probably will be able to get with the real hotties for a long time), Id definitely factor that in.

I mean, I wouldnt m ove to a country with ugly women or to a country where most men look like fitness models, either....so I definitely ocnsider it the other way around, too.

Then again it certainly shouldnt be the only factor (which is why I cant see myself moving to/living in south america, as I like modern type of places a lot).

That being said, Im still wondering why there are people going through a leg-lengthening process that seems to involve a ton of pain to increase their height rather than just moving to another country where men are much shorter and learning the local language. [Image: huh.gif] Are people so much more attached to their home country/families than I am?

Quote: (04-19-2010 10:43 AM)GermanDude Wrote:  

personally if I learned to much about this game/psychology kind of thing it would take the joy out of it for me (I believe).

The real joy is in being with women of your choice on a regular basis. Unequivocally, getting scientific about it will improve your ability to do this, if its not natural to you already. Not being with women of your choice is far too high a price to pay because learning the psychology doesnt feel natural / joyful. I understand that the 'planned' feel of implementing what you've learned will feel unnatural, but it will soon seamlessly meld with your personality. It will be worth it. I think your thinking about this the wrong way. If you want women, you will have to learn it either way. You can do it the slow painful inefficient way, or be pro-active and learn it faster.

Remember, you are learning how to give to women and make them happy. Learning how to land women is as much about them as it is about you, if not more. You will learn how to appreciate them more than the average man, and how to enhance their lives more than the average man, if you get really good. They will then give themselves in return. Learning about them isn't a selfish act, but one that will help you to better make other humans happy.

The pure manipulation game is for boys, not men, and its not what I'm suggesting.

German dude, listen to my advice and ignore all the rest (just kidding guys)

Go for Bogota Colombia. Like you I love latinas, and Im over hot weather after about a week.

Few selling points for Bogota.

*It is pretty much 70's all year round except the occassional summerish day when the sun is out and bright and it might get to 80. Never really hot in the day and at night you might need a thin jacket when it's around 65 -70 or so.

*As far as Latin America -Colombia (IMO) has per capita the most attractive women of any place I've been. Im into latin women too, so I know where you are coming from.
*Bogota has gotten way safer than it used to be.
*It has tons of musuems, nightlife, Universoities, sporting events, culture etc.
*Tons of jobs...allot of all kinds of industry there.
*It does not have tons of sex tourist gringo losers that populate the hot coastal cities of Colombia. In Bogota you will stand out more and people will assume you are there to work or study, not just buy cheap cocaine and fuck hookers like the gringos at the beach. Though if you do like hookers and blow, both are readily available and affordable throughout Bogota.

*Living in Bogota you might actually meet a good Colombiana you want to settle down with, if that is your goal. If you visit there and bang one, more than likely you will just find a barrio girl wanting marriage papers. When you are there and hanging out with other non tourists, you will meet cooler more real people.

Germandude: Also I agree with your assessment of the whole "game" ideas. I mean to each his own, but there are some basic factors that everyman needs to understand from all of the game talk. As you said, the most important is remembering to hone in on your maleness, aka, don't be a bitch. The next most important is understanding women need a man, a strong leader etc. Last is like you also said, learning to simply be comfortable with yourself and open up, talk to women. Learn to get your own path of success and rhythm down with women.

I have managed to pull many girls just by bieng confident and friendly (do not mistake friendly for beta or ass kisser) but just friendly out of genuince interest in meeting people and learning things. I have never been one for magick tricks, one liners, silly games..I juts think its childish and not to mention women are on to that shit now with the numerous books, TV shows and blogs about dating and game. Even if they like it, they will recognize it as a fraud and copy cat behaviour.

Also if you go to latin America the dynamic in dating is very different.

Interesting...but what do you mean by Bogot has gotten safer than it used to be? still not really safe?lol

I asked this in another thread about Brazil, but now that you mention the dynamic in dating is very different over there - what is so different about it?

Could it be that women are less stuck up & less into playing games than over here?lol
(if I ever have a second LTR, it cant be a chick who's gonna play shit tests and games on me every day..but i have a feeling that kind of person wont be easy to find where I live lol)

Few points here German dude.

1. There are 3 countries in the world that produce Cocaine. Colombia, Bolivia and Peru. Coca is worth way more than its weight in gold. There is allot of crime surrounding this multi Billion dolllar business in these 3 countries and the surrounding areas and gateways/ports to USA and Europe. That is general crime.

2. Bogota used to be the kidnapping capital of the world with 1 in every 3 kidnappings taking place there. That has since dropped very low. The general crime rate has dropped off over 70% in the last few years.

3. Under President Uribe much of the FARC guerilla activity (responsible for political kidnappings and other attacks) have been stunted.

4. Colombia in general has become much safer and more welcoming to foreigners wanting to reside there. Remember, stay in decent areas and use your head and you will be ok pretty much anywhere you go in the world. Your chances for excitement are elevated by a little danger of the unknown anyways IMO.

As far as dating dynamics, its gonna take you seeing to believe. First of all, in a place like Colombia you will see 10 girls in a shop. There will be a couple 9 or 10's a couple 7's and 6's. Even the 2's are not that bad, because they still try and be sexy and take care of their toenails, finger nails, nice tight jeans, tigh shirts, Show more skin etc. Its the culture.

(This is relative too, because if you are into latinas like I am, a 6 Colombiana = 9 Americana just on how she carries herself )

The girls are more supportive to their man. If they like you they are really gonna like you. The largest dynamic I'm talking of is how American and many European women nowadays are more cold and don't show you their emotions. latinas will show you over and over again and they are in love with the idea of being in love.

I went to bogota a few months ago, gotta say it beats even miami in the amount of hot latinas.

For me, it's a no brainer, from October to April in Brasil, then 2 months in Buenos Aires, followed by a stint in Barcelona, then off to Tokyo, visit family 2-3 weeks in Toronto and back to Brasil again in October. The best of both world.