rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Africa choice: Lome or Bamako

Lome, Togo or Bamako, Mali - thats the choice one of these two.

I have NIL experience of the African continent, helpful comments appreciated.

Drivers are: 1) females 2) general tourism

Curious how you arrived at these two locations. Random pick or is there a logic to it? Gaming girls in a civil war ravaged, heavily Muslim country like Mali takes courage... The locals are not exactly fond of anyone looking at their female relatives, let alone talk to them or touch them I would assume.

Have you considered Accra, Ghana? From what I've heard, that seems to be the easiest place for a first trip to W. Africa. Mali is very poor and Islamic. Can't imagine there will be much talent. Probably tribal girls and women wearing burkas. Though if you're going mainly for touristic reasons, Mali is supposed to be pretty awesome and boasts some great historical and architectural sites.

Quote: (12-30-2012 08:31 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Have you considered Accra, Ghana? From what I've heard, that seems to be the easiest place for a first trip to W. Africa.

Little known fact:

Almost all the great African boxers come from Accra, Ghana. Ike Quartey, Joshua Clottey, Azumah Nelson etc. Most from the same hood. I think there are a ton of boxing gyms in Accra.

Suggestion, speak French!

I've never been but am planning on going in the next couple of years and West Africa, from what I've been told is a very difficult place to travel, you may want to consider going on an organized tour, at least for the first part of the trip.

I met a Dutch guy last year who did a tour with this outfit: http://www.overlandingwestafrica.com/ , it sounds pretty crazy but would be an awesome way to see West Africa, I'd probably hang around for a few weeks and travel on my own after doing on of those.

Accra actually sounds pretty dope for stuff that I like, cool Rastas, reggae music, ganja, and nearby beaches, plus the food is supposed to be pretty good. But, from what I've heard from people who have been to West Africa, Senegal is probably one of the better countries for getting laid. The women are supposed to be more attractive, and while I think it has a large Muslim population, it was a French colony and is more liberal about sex, being a white foreigner is supposed to be a big DHV.

Quote: (12-30-2012 06:02 PM)Asaxon Wrote:  

Curious how you arrived at these two locations. Random pick or is there a logic to it? Gaming girls in a civil war ravaged, heavily Muslim country like Mali takes courage... The locals are not exactly fond of anyone looking at their female relatives, let alone talk to them or touch them I would assume.

I am offered these two destinations at 50% discounted business class travel rates, no other logic to it, other than I like to visit new pastures.

I am not sure I would say I have unusual courage, but I am happy to push the boundaries beyond those places mapped out on the regular tourist scene.

Senegal sounds interesting.