rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cigars

Cigars

Its a shitty habit but with my warm location and balcony Ive been smoking a ton. With people dropping dead in their 20s from random illnesses and accidents I dont see the problem going through a box a month. At least Im not inhaling. My current favorite:

Cigars

There's a great cigar store right by me I've bought a few but nothing expensive like a cohiba. My friend really likes Romeo et Julieta coronas but I prefer the Nicaraguan cigars because they have a harsher flavour that I like. If it's too mellow I smoke it too fast and get dizzy (was this beta) absolute favourite would be the super small ones. Like those weesh cigarellos but made of the exact same tobacco as the good cigars of whatever brand you buy. They're $4 here and last 20 minutes or so. Good for parties or just having a relaxing smoke.

Also make sure the person selling them to you knows what they're talking about. The cigar store.I go to drops mad knowledge. Always have them feel along the cigar for hard/loose packets it allows for a more even smoke.

Cigars

Ah Cigars.

My fondest memory of Cuba is from the city of Trinidad. We used to go to the Iberostar Gran Hotel every evening, buy obscenely expensive drinks, and enjoy them together with a good cigar. Sometimes talking with the barkeeper about world travel and exotic alcohols, sometimes just shutting up and enjoying the moment.

Cigars are good, but when you are having a 50 dollar glass of whiskey with it, it is that much better.

Cigars

I smoke a few cigars per year. Usually on New Year's, my birthday, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. My go-to cigar for the past few years have been those in the Arturo Fuente Hemingway Series. Cuban seeds grown in the Dominican Republic, if I remember correctly. Goes great with a glass of single-malt or brandy.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Cigars

So is it safe to say that Cuban cigars sold everywhere in Miami beach are fake? Romeo i Juliet goes for 8 bucks I think. I asked of the cigar girls if they are fake, she swore they weren't! [Image: smile.gif]

Cigars

Quote: (12-29-2012 09:39 PM)Wayout Wrote:  

So is it safe to say that Cuban cigars sold everywhere in Miami beach are fake?

Probably 99% of the time, yes.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Cigars

Quote: (12-21-2012 01:26 AM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

There's a great cigar store right by me I've bought a few but nothing expensive like a cohiba. My friend really likes Romeo et Julieta coronas but I prefer the Nicaraguan cigars because they have a harsher flavour that I like. If it's too mellow I smoke it too fast and get dizzy (was this beta) absolute favourite would be the super small ones. Like those weesh cigarellos but made of the exact same tobacco as the good cigars of whatever brand you buy. They're $4 here and last 20 minutes or so. Good for parties or just having a relaxing smoke.

Also make sure the person selling them to you knows what they're talking about. The cigar store.I go to drops mad knowledge. Always have them feel along the cigar for hard/loose packets it allows for a more even smoke.

Just to ride on this one for the americans. Canada doesn't have a trade embargo with Cuba, its legal to import cigars like cohiba and monte cristo and you can buy them right off the shelf. Like anything else there is a lot to learn like using a cigar cutter, what tobacco mold looks and tastes like etc.

I don't smoke anymore, but +1 on the cigarellos, the time frame for them is like a long cigarette but -1 that people always assume its weed.

Back in the days of indoor smoking in bars and clubs. I used to smoke a pipe or a cigar, it was like smoker peacocking and worked well.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Cigars

I was down in Cuba and picked up a box of Cohibas, haven't opened the box...no real interest in smoking but couldn't not pick them up. Prolly crack them open on new years.

Cigars

Quote: (12-29-2012 09:39 PM)Wayout Wrote:  

So is it safe to say that Cuban cigars sold everywhere in Miami beach are fake? Romeo i Juliet goes for 8 bucks I think. I asked of the cigar girls if they are fake, she swore they weren't! [Image: smile.gif]

Yes most likely. A huge conception though is Cuban cigar = great cigar. Its the "forbidden fruit" no doubt, but really the soil there isn't too much different that the DR or Nicaragua. 90% of cigars on the street are absolute shit. My favorite wrapper is actually grown in Connecticut (or Connecticut seeds grown in Nicaragua, so go figure).

The cigar I posted is actually Nicaraguan.

Cigars

Friendly reminder to all you guys with humidors in the cold north, keep that humidity up

Somehow I've managed to remember mine so far and they in great shape

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Cigars

If any cigar guys roll through Vegas hit me up. I usually average one a week, usually at the M, south (way south) of the strip, but there's a pretty good cigar bar in Caesars, among others.

Cigars

Quote: (01-03-2018 11:15 PM)Duke Main Wrote:  

If any cigar guys roll through Vegas hit me up. I usually average one a week, usually at the M, south (way south) of the strip, but there's a pretty good cigar bar in Caesars, among others.

This is my current favorite.

Cigars

This is sort of a warning for people looking at Eastern Europe. I was looking for cigars when I was in Belgrade, and went to one of the "supposed" best stores there for cigars. It was a Davidoff Store, they had almost no selection, all the cigars were cheaper ones, and on top of that, they were the small size. Also, way more expensive than in the States. If the place in question you're visiting is relatively poor, expect to have trouble finding a decent cigar.

Cigars

Anybody like the Montecristo Epic? So far the best Cigar I ever smoked. I want to give the Davidoff Royal Release a chance.

Anybody know of any great premium creamy and kinda sweet Cigars. I'm tired of the spicy bunch i've had recently

"You can't be broke and happy. So me, I'm mad rich"-Lil Wayne

"Give her an escape from reality, Give her a personal oasis and she'll always come back for more."