rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Growing Trend: Girls Collecting Orbiters on Online Dating Sites

Over the past year I'm increasingly coming across a scary breed of girls who are actively recruiting orbiters to their Facebook/BBM/Text circle.

These are girls who actually volunteered their number and say "text me". But when I floated meeting or turned up the sexual vibe they run a mile.

Normally, I thoroughly screen them before I go for the number online. But because they asked for my contact details, I went with the flow and skipped the screening online bit a few times.

How wrong I was!

They were just adding to their ever-growing orbiter collection. I was being ushered in with the rest of the sheep into the orbiter enclosure of doom.

This just goes to show show the lengths some girls will go to for attention.

This is why I don’t get excited anymore when a girl offers up her number/Facebook.

I only get excited when she passes my screen hoops and when I get a positive reaction to the idea of meeting. Anything else is just nonsense.

Anyone notice this?

Notice this a lot, happened to me a few times on OKC and then twice on Instagram. They contact me, flirt, text me and then make plans to meet up. Have yet to actually meet anyone from the Internet. I stopped even sending a confirmation text the day of, I know they won't show or even contact me after I cut their I want attention/validation threads and establish a date. I can only imagine how many guys they do this to or worse how many betas they lead on forever. On the bright side most of these girls are pathetic/going to die alone and looks wise around a 6 on a good day. I think probably they are also social rejects. In real life they are losers so keeping that kind of mindset helped me out.

Even if they do, why do you really care?

Your job is a man is to keep lowering her on the priority list for every flaky behavior, but in order for this to work you need a strong inventory. Not one where she's the only prospect, in which case you become the orbiter naturally.

Game is a necessary evil

Honestly, I have a sense that girls do this - as substantiated by the mostly heinous chicks who are on the same online dating sites for many years - but I have never been herded into the online orbiter category.

The easiest thing to do in the world is stop responding or communicating with a wench who won't get real and take it off social networks and dating sites.

Whenever I see a chick posting her BB Pin or cell number publicly, I don't bother. You know what she's all about - ATTENTION.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

More orbiters = more likes on her photos.

I've seen girls say that they're looking for "texting buddies" whatever the fuck that is. That's when I send a Dick Shot and see what she's talkingabout.

Quote: (12-20-2012 12:02 AM)NYC_HipsterDouchebag Wrote:  

I think probably they are also social rejects. In real life they are losers so keeping that kind of mindset helped me out.

Twitter has a shitload of girls who are like this. Single mothers who are desperate for attention so they follow like 1000 people and retweet retarded one liners all day to try to bait people into conversations so they can forget how much of a fuckup they are for awhile. They seem to have a bizarre aversion to actually meeting people in real life.

Fuck internet game, it's always been a bad return on investment.

Yup I've noticed it.

Yea I've noticed tons of this. Girls posting numbers, fb, instagram, twitter publicly. More so in the last year like your said

Have notised this a lot. It seems a lot of wannabe models, female bodybuilders seem to want to collect fan clubs. Is this a trend that is happening in general society or not, some of these women view themselves as celebrities. The funny thing is so many beta guys are falling for it.

Quote: (12-22-2012 06:04 AM)Jaydublin Wrote:  

Yea I've noticed tons of this. Girls posting numbers, fb, instagram, twitter publicly. More so in the last year like your said

The main reason nowadays why a number close means crap.

It's a manifestation of the celebrity culture. Everyone wants to be mini-celebrity with a bunch of fans following their every mundane moment in life like TMZ. They all want to feel important like they matter to a bunch of people who barely know them. "OMG, I need my morning Starbucks!" Check back 10 minutes later and 15 "likes". Some mediocre 6 posts a cellphone photo and the "oh, you're so beautiful" cascade rolls in. It's sickening.

Quote: (12-22-2012 04:09 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

It's a manifestation of the celebrity culture. Everyone wants to be mini-celebrity with a bunch of fans following their every mundane moment in life like TMZ. They all want to feel important like they matter to a bunch of people who barely know them. "OMG, I need my morning Starbucks!" Check back 10 minutes later and 15 "likes". Some mediocre 6 posts a cellphone photo and the "oh, you're so beautiful" cascade rolls in. It's sickening.

Do you guys think there will ever be a backlash to this?

Or is it going to keep increasing this way till the end of time?

Quote: (12-22-2012 04:17 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Do you guys think there will ever be a backlash to this?

Interesting and important question. Also, *can* it keep increasing much more than it already has?

At this present time I personally don't see it stopping. But maybe in 5-10 years the facebook and smart phone generation will wake up and realize that it's all fake and that they've missed out on real and valuable social interactions with people. And that their attention span has gotten a lot worse.

Some people on here think that the debt crises in Western countries will bring a bout some kind of cultural and social Apocalypse that will bring us back a few decades or even centuries. I think it will rather be a slow demise with higher inflation eating up people's savings and salaries.

New technology that we haven't even considered might change it all though. Facebook has mostly benefited women. What new technology can benefit men? Obviously female robots, but then again I don't see why male robots won't be invented.

Personally I will keep my facebook account a while yet to see if my plan to project pre-selection through it will work. If it doesn't, I will renounce it. I know it's been said on here before that girls just automatically see you as beta if you have Facebook and that the best thing might be to retain value and mystery through not having an account. But I want to see if I can crack the code first.

"It's a manifestation of the celebrity culture"

True. People are increasingly valuing fame as opposed to hard work. From my limited knowledge of history, this doesn't bode well for society.

It truly is. I want to ask all those orbiters on instagrams, fb, twitter if they are getting laid from this.

Quote: (12-22-2012 04:17 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Do you guys think there will ever be a backlash to this
Good question. It cant go on forever.

What about girls that don't even give out their number, have 30 pictures and their profile talks about how sexy they are and don't take shit from anyone? I don't know if it's hilarious or bad for guys like us when so many lame ass dudes feed these girls the attention they want.

I've also seen lots of profiles that say "entertain me, I get bored easily" [Image: Al_Bundy_Gun_To_Head.jpg]

Attention Whoring is at at all time high. If it wasn't for facebook, instagram, twitter, being a player would have higher benefits.

Imaging a world where you go up to a girl at the mall and it is the first time this week that she has gotten any male attention.

As soon as a girl wakes up there's about 10 messages, 50 instagram notifications of betas liking all of their crappy pictures, 15 facebook likes, and if she is in a dating website 100 messages. Just clearing all these things will take up her day. She can care less if she doesn't speak to a single guy that day in person.

She has 102453945 drooling over her in her pocket.

On the one hand I can see how negging might have become more effective due to social media attention whoring. On the other hand, after you get the bang, you have to still keep you game tight in order to not lose the girl because of all attention she gets.

I think game is increasingly becoming winner-takes-it-all. If you're dealing with a Facebook attention whore, you've got to hit her hard with alpha display, then after the bang ignore her completely at first sign of her loosing interest or shit testing you, while hitting on other girls to make her jealous. If you get soft she will just pitch you in with her beta orbiters.

Or, just look for girls who don't use social media.

Edit:
"I want to ask all those orbiters on instagrams, fb, twitter if they are getting laid from this." They will have dismal bang rates, probably much worse than day game, but since most guys are too afraid to cold-approach, they won't stop.

I'm trying to figure out why these millions of Betas somehow think complimenting pictures, kissing ass online, talking shit to guys who say something negative to the girl, etc. think they can get laid from their stupid game. You would think someone would try to switch it up if you're striking out over and over.

Quote: (12-19-2012 10:56 PM)Apollo2 Wrote:  

Over the past year I'm increasingly coming across a scary breed of girls who are actively recruiting orbiters to their Facebook/BBM/Text circle.

These are girls who actually volunteered their number and say "text me". But when I floated meeting or turned up the sexual vibe they run a mile.

Normally, I thoroughly screen them before I go for the number online. But because they asked for my contact details, I went with the flow and skipped the screening online bit a few times.

How wrong I was!

They were just adding to their ever-growing orbiter collection. I was being ushered in with the rest of the sheep into the orbiter enclosure of doom.

This just goes to show show the lengths some girls will go to for attention.

This is why I don’t get excited anymore when a girl offers up her number/Facebook.

I only get excited when she passes my screen hoops and when I get a positive reaction to the idea of meeting. Anything else is just nonsense.

Anyone notice this?

Online game only exists for me if I'm working far too much to game normally.

With that being said, I know exactly what you mean. My rule of thumb has been, if getting her number online was far too easy and there was barely any sexualization on either end, then she's using you for attention.

I find this shit happens especially women who are using online dating sites to get their confidence back after being dumped.

A humble gentleman's blog about pussy, cigars, and game.

LATEST POST:
The Problem With Nightclubs

Also check out my blog for cigar discussion and reviews.

Quote: (12-26-2012 11:49 PM)houston Wrote:  

I'm trying to figure out why these millions of Betas somehow think complimenting pictures, kissing ass online, talking shit to guys who say something negative to the girl, etc. think they can get laid from their stupid game. You would think someone would try to switch it up if you're striking out over and over.

If you asked them, I guarantee most of them would say "it's not all about sex, I'm just being a nice guy" haha. Now the real question is if they actually believe that.

Quote: (12-26-2012 10:29 PM)Doulos2Game Wrote:  

Imaging a world where you go up to a girl at the mall and it is the first time this week that she has gotten any male attention.
I think this can go both ways, the vast majority of guys simply don't approach, especially at a venue that isn't a bar/club/etc. How many times in the last year have you noticed a guy approach a stranger during the day with obvious sexual intentions? I can't remember more than a handful and those were sleazy guys hitting on chicks with the worst game imaginable.

There's nothing better than approaching some chick during the day when she's just going about her business and seeing her face light up with energy when you've opened her.

I recently reconnected with a broad I used to play with and in checking out her FB I noted the standard flock of guys liking every pic/post/comment she threw up. Amused by this I commented about it while talking to her on the phone; "You sure seem to have a lot of orbiters on your FB." with a chuckle. She started laughing and described how they were a bunch of schmucks trying to get in her pants with no success. One of them lives 1000 miles away and asked her to be his GF... morons....

I found it comical that she knew the term "orbiter".