rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Belgrade, Serbia?

Belgrade, Serbia?

Going to Belgrade, Serbia beginning of January.

Just booked a place in the center and will be rolling solo.

What are the best spots for daygame? I'm guessing it will be shit cold, so maybe hit up the malls, etc.

What kind of game works best?

Any nice bars to check out?

I'm Russian and from what I understand Serbs like us:
http://www.economist.com/blogs/easternap...and-serbia

Belgrade, Serbia?

There are some pretty extensive data sheets on Serbia if you search.

Belgrade, Serbia?

Redneck nationalist Serbs do like Russia, and seek closer ties with their slavic brothers. I'd recon that being russian would buy you cookie points with football hooligans and maybe turbofolk girls. But the hip young serbs commonly found in Belgrade or Novi Sad, associate themselves more with western european culture.

Belgrade, Serbia?

Quote: (12-18-2012 08:50 AM)BalkanCynic Wrote:  

Redneck nationalist Serbs do like Russia, and seek closer ties with their slavic brothers. I'd recon that being russian would buy you cookie points with football hooligans and maybe turbofolk girls. But the hip young serbs commonly found in Belgrade or Novi Sad, associate themselves more with western european culture.

Figured it works both ways, as usual.

I did meet a gorgeous Serb chick while traveling who said that her father loved Russians, and by extension she did as well.

And in Croatia, a young girl said she didn't because their support for Serbs.

I almost never play the Russian card, but since it's Russia's closest ally in Europe (except FSU), I'm very curious how it'll go.

Belgrade, Serbia?

nightgame is your best bet in Belgrade, daygame not so much.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Belgrade, Serbia?

nightgame for sure. There are plenty of winter clubs around, plus the kafanas. Although I wouldn't go to the kafanas for girls, most people seem to come in pretty close cliques there. Instead, def. focus on the clubs and cafe-discos.
The girls are a bit hard to open, and it takes a certain amount of work to k-close. (The head turning thing) Once there you're on the fast track.

Belgrade, Serbia?

Great replies guys.

I was looking for a similar style guide for Belgrade:
http://www.returnofkings.com/750/how-to-...n-helsinki

Straight and down to the point, so I can execute my sniper game

I guess night game it is.

Belgrade, Serbia?

Quote: (12-18-2012 08:56 AM)elguapo Wrote:  

Quote: (12-18-2012 08:50 AM)BalkanCynic Wrote:  

Figured it works both ways, as usual.

I did meet a gorgeous Serb chick while traveling who said that her father loved Russians, and by extension she did as well.

And in Croatia, a young girl said she didn't because their support for Serbs.

I almost never play the Russian card, but since it's Russia's closest ally in Europe (except FSU), I'm very curious how it'll go.

I would exploit that Russian card to the fullest especially in the turbo folk clubs in Belgrade. Novi Sad and Vojvodina by extension is more cosmopolitan and multicultural (Hungarians, Croats, Romanians, Slovaks etc.)

That said, myself being Irish and having traveled extensively through Serbia including redneck towns, I never encountered nothing but friendliness and curiousity. I have found Serbs more outgoing, folkish and friendlier than Russians. The fact that we didn't bomb their country in 1999 undoubtedly helped.

Belgrade, Serbia?

Personally I witnessed excellent relations between Serbs and Russians in Paralia Katerini.They also tried to communicate speaking Russian and Serbocroatian while some words were mutually intelligible.

Belgrade, Serbia?

Just got into Belgrade. Tomorrow is Orthodox Christmas, it seems.

If anyone is also in town, do make yourselves heard.

Knowing Russian, I can decipher the written text, but understanding the speech is another story.

Belgrade, Serbia?

I'm especially curious if Belgrade is jumping during winter.

Belgrade, Serbia?

I noticed lots of (new) low cost flights are getting to Belgrade these days. The good: way easier and cheaper to get there than a few years ago. The bad: yes, those british stag parties...

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

Belgrade, Serbia?

Quote: (01-06-2013 06:41 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

When I was there two summers ago, all I heard from people was how empty Belgrade gets in the summer. It led me to believe with the university students around, it could be for some fun pickings.

Belgrade was by far my favorite Balkan city. This is compared to Split, Zagreb, Podgoricia, Pristina, Sarajevo, and Bucharest.

Belgrade, Serbia?

Quote: (01-06-2013 06:41 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Late November 2010 it was hopping, but that's technically not winter I guess. I had some ppl show me around via couchsurfing as they said the place is crazy year round. More outdoor bar options available in summer too.

Belgrade, Serbia?

A lot of people have told me Belgrade is buzzing at night in the winter. Those serbs like to party, not sure how the orthodox holidays affect that though

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Belgrade, Serbia?

INITIAL THOUGHTS

SERBIA
- Serbia is a poor country, much poorer than I expected for being in Central Europe rather than Eastern. Croatia felt a lot richer. It truly feels more Eastern European like Ukraine/Russia.
- Serbian language is pretty damn close to Russian. If you know Russian, you'll be able to read 80% but won't communicate. It's probably one of the closest Slavic languages to Russian.
- Lots of history here. It was ruled by the Turks (Ottoman Empire) for over 500 years and there's still influence (Serbs drink Turkish coffee, etc).
- Kosovo is obviously a touchy issue but Serbs have no problem talking about it if you believe Kosovo belongs to them [Image: smile.gif]

BELGRADE
- Belgrade is not the prettiest city. It's uglier than any Western European capital and uglier than the big Central European capitals: Vienna, Budapest, Prague, etc. It’s similar to Vilnius and Riga, although I'd venture to say the Baltic capitals are nicer. It's not as ugly as Bucharest, but close. Even Kiev, being an ex-communist city, is a bit easier on the eye. Having said that, it has a certain charm to it, which I like.

- Belgrade, like the rest of Serbia, was heavily bombed in 1999 by NATO, and there's a couple of buildings in the middle of the city which weren't even repaired.

FOOD
- Lots of grilled meats. So if you're vegetarian, good luck. You can have a huge Serbian burger for $2.50, so it's dirt-cheap. My 3-course dinners were around $10-12.

PEOPLE
- Serbs are darker than other Slavs, as most men and women have dark features (hair, eyes, etc). If you have blonde hair and blue eyes you will stand out.

- The men are tall, but not exceptionally tall like Scandinavians and Lithuanians. While it's more common to see a Serb who's 6'4 than someone who’s 5’7, I’d guess the average height is somewhere in the 5'10-5'11 range. (In Lithuania and Denmark ~80% of the population is >= 6 feet.) Women are anywhere from 5’6 to 5’11.

- The women are a nice mix of Slavic and Mediterranean genes. It's not often you see a stunner (>= 8) on the street, but it can happen. They're tall, skinny, and like to wear their hair long. Very feminine. I still consider them to be a bit less attractive than Ukrainian and Russians, whom I consider to be the hottest Slavic women.

- I didn't feel the Serbs being overly macho at all. I'm a Slav myself and Serbs behave exactly as other Slavs. Sure, if you step to someone else’s girlfriend, they might tell you aggressively to back off but that would happen in any Slavic country (as well as Latin America).

- They love Russians, whom they consider their brothers. I've had several situations where, when asked where I'm from, they would immediately let out a smile as soon as I told them I'm Russian. I don't think it matters much either way though.

I’ve been casually day gaming around town but will be hitting the town hard this weekend.

Serbian culture, like all Balkan countries, is primarily a dating culture.

I got a couple of promising prospects developing: two from a street approach (although one doesn't seem to speak English well, so let's see how it goes), and this Russian girl I met. When the dust settles I'll probably do a complete write-up on my blog.

Oh, and can someone explain what this “Balkan Power” is? I still don’t get it.

Belgrade, Serbia?

Quote: (01-09-2013 07:04 PM)elguapo Wrote:  

BELGRADE

- The women are a nice mix of Slavic and Mediterranean genes. It's not often you see a stunner (>= 8) on the street, but it can happen. They're tall, skinny, and like to wear their hair long. Very feminine. I still consider them to be a bit less attractive than Ukrainian and Russians, whom I consider to be the hottest Slavic women.

Don't know where you're hanging out, but head over to the floating clubs on the river. Or during the day that main street with the big brand watch and fashion stores. You'll see enough 9s and 10s to go blind.

Belgrade, Serbia?

Quote: (01-09-2013 10:55 PM)maccc Wrote:  

BELGRADE

Don't know where you're hanging out, but head over to the floating clubs on the river. Or during the day that main street with the big brand watch and fashion stores. You'll see enough 9s and 10s to go blind.

Countless stunners during the day in Ada Ciganlija too, especially around the "beach". Never saw another foreigner there.

[Image: 246DDF4950D4BF82266C5D]

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Belgrade, Serbia?

I’d guess the average height is somewhere in the 5'10-5'11 range.

That average sounds about right (for men). People keep talking about average height, but really you need to also consider variance. Imagine a country where half the population is 5' tall and the other half is 6'. The average would only be 5.5 feet but since half the country is 6' tall it would be very common to see a tall person.

Serbia has both a high average and a high variance which means there are lots of tall girls. I dated a girl there 175 cm and her height there was nothing special. One of the guys I hung out with there was a monstrous 6' 7" (2 meters). BTW, Ukraine's height average is probably less than Serbia but since it also has very high variance, there are lots of tall girls there too.

- They love Russians, whom they consider their brothers.

Are you hanging out with people who attended university or turbo-folk lovers? The non-turbo folk crowd is more about the West than Russia. I heard some of them saying things like Russians are thugs. This was back in 2006.

Belgrade, Serbia?

Quote: (01-10-2013 03:16 AM)The Duke Wrote:  

Are you hanging out with people who attended university or turbo-folk lovers? The non-turbo folk crowd is more about the West than Russia. I heard some of them saying things like Russians are thugs. This was back in 2006.

I've talked to all kinds of people: taxi drivers, bartenders, waiters, people in bars, and not once have I felt any kind of negativity or ambivalence.

Belgrade, Serbia?

I am headed to Serbia soon! Great data on the varying heights of Serbian men and women. Couldn't have come at a better time.

@macc & @Soma It is the middle of winter.

Belgrade, Serbia?

Hie guys, it's been almost 3 years since I went to Serbia for my first and only time there and here are some random thoughts about that beautiful country.

I'll let you a simple hint if you want to be accepted and considered almost a brother by them tell them that you didn't know much about their country before and you were curious and so went there to see what it was all about.

If you have to talk about Kosovo you better think in their same way as them otherwise it's going to be trouble. Anyhow my opinion is the Kosovo should be a part of Serbia so I totally support what they say about this topic.

I'm 5'10 and I noticed that both girls and guys are tall, a lot of guys are in the 6'1 to 6'4 area but I've never had any problem with guys cockbloking me or getting violent instead people were usually very friendly and loved to visit and talk about my country as well.

Drinks are cheap and the often drink rakia, their national drink. Strangely it is supposed to have the same alcoholic graduation of vodka but I seemed to be able to drink more shots of rakia without feeling as drunk as I would have been with vodka. Did you also notice it?

Did someone visit the south of Serbia? I didn't go southern than Belgrade so I'm a little curious about some RVF members experiences in that region.

Viva Serbia, viva Vojvodina!

Her pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola...

Belgrade, Serbia?

I would like to award this the most interesting data sheet ever.

Belgrade, Serbia?

Quote: (01-10-2013 07:31 AM)Way Cool Jr Wrote:  

Hie guys, it's been almost 3 years since I went to Serbia for my first and only time there and here are some random thoughts about that beautiful country.

I'll let you a simple hint if you want to be accepted and considered almost a brother by them tell them that you didn't know much about their country before and you were curious and so went there to see what it was all about.

If you have to talk about Kosovo you better think in their same way as them otherwise it's going to be trouble. Anyhow my opinion is the Kosovo should be a part of Serbia so I totally support what they say about this topic.

I'm 5'10 and I noticed that both girls and guys are tall, a lot of guys are in the 6'1 to 6'4 area but I've never had any problem with guys cockbloking me or getting violent instead people were usually very friendly and loved to visit and talk about my country as well.

Drinks are cheap and the often drink rakia, their national drink. Strangely it is supposed to have the same alcoholic graduation of vodka but I seemed to be able to drink more shots of rakia without feeling as drunk as I would have been with vodka. Did you also notice it?

Did someone visit the south of Serbia? I didn't go southern than Belgrade so I'm a little curious about some RVF members experiences in that region.

Viva Serbia, viva Vojvodina!

I love Serbia, the country and its people. I have great respect for them. What really got my goat was all the shit that got thrown at them in the 1990s by the Western media. Of course horrific war crimes committed by Bosnians, Croats and Albanians were completely downplayed or in many cases ignored. The NATO bastards bombed them. An entire nation was demonised as barbarians and Nazis. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Serbs pride themselves on their hospitality.

South of Belgrade and you are in the Balkans. I visited Kraguevac, Nis and Novi Pazar (Muslim part). Its real folksy red neck country but the people there are real humble. Warning, you should watch yourself in Novi Pazar. There has been recent scuffles between the police and rival Islamist groups. Belgrade I found to be much nicer, livelier and more cosmopolitan than Skopje, Sofia, Zagreb and Podgorica which is a hole. The women, well are off the charts, even better than anything I encountered in Russia but are a tough nut to crack. The party boats that Deb spoke of here (splavi) happen every summer on the Danube. I can vouch for what he said because I experienced it myself. Its a must. Belgrade in August is heaven with the 'Beach' and the party boats.

North of Belgrade is Vojvodina, the most ethnically diverse patchwork of peoples in all of Europe. There are dozens of different nationalities that live here including Hungarians, Croats, Romanians, Czechs, Slovaks and others. This was the part of Serbia that was under the rule of the Austria-Hungary and it feels like it. I love Novi Sad. Its Austrian architecture in the centre speaks of its Hapsburg past. You can experience an array of Central European culture and cuisine here. Some of the finest goulash I tasted outside of Hungary is here. Novi Sad is student town with a real laid back, hipster lifestyle. Further north through the fertile and picturesque Vojvodina is the town of Subotica which has an ethnic Hungarian majority population.

Belgrade, Serbia?

Very good description of Serbia.

"Novi Sad is student town with a real laid back, hipster lifestyle. Further north through the fertile and picturesque Vojvodina is the town of Subotica which has an ethnic Hungarian majority population."

I'm going to Novi Sad tomorrow for a day. Should be a nice change from Belgrade.